street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

Default Spend nx on extra pendant slot or guard/shield scrolls?

Alright so i have 20k nx and want some input on what i should use it on. Basically which one will have a higher payout in the long run.

Options:

using the guard scrolls to scroll a lion heart cape with the berserk scroll i have. Amount of nx:16,730 (7 guard scrolls)
    Using shielding wards to aee my lionheart axe. nx:15,000 (3 shield)

Pendant Slot nx:12,900

Thanks
    Last edited by street; 2012-08-29 at 05:12 PM.

2. Default Re: Spend nx on extra pendant slot or guard/shield scrolls?

In Theory, I would think the 2nd pendant slot has the most potential for increase in damage, As 3 AEEs, IF passed only adds around 15 attack, and the Zerk scroll isnt even guarenteed to work on the lionheart cape. The main problem being that oyu need another pendant in order for it to be worthwhile, depending on what you already own, a Dominator/RSP is your best bet if you can afford it and get a decently cubed one.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Spend nx on extra pendant slot or guard/shield scrolls?

Note that guards do not save the scroll for reuse if it passes. They only prevent it from disappearing if it fails. So, assuming you only have one Berserk scroll (50%, right?) you can only get one slot scrolled, and it will likely take about 2 guard scrolls.

4. Default Re: Spend nx on extra pendant slot or guard/shield scrolls?

Wards are too expensive for their worth unless you're nearing end game.
    Why not use the Berserk Scroll on something that doesn't already have W.Att? Like a Top or Bottom for instance. It would be a more beneficial use of the scroll, I think.
    I'd go for the pendant slot given you have another pendant waiting or are able to find and buy one shortly.

5. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

@above i did scroll a top with watt and chaos brought it down to 0 att lol

I guess i will get the 2nd pend slot now all i have to do is pick a decent pend. What is the best pend combo?

6. Default Re: Spend nx on extra pendant slot or guard/shield scrolls?

Any 3rd tier pendant will do. HTP, CHTP, or RSP are what most people use though.

7. Default Re: Spend nx on extra pendant slot or guard/shield scrolls?

You could also use the Silent crusade pendent. lol.... I know crap compared to the others but it comes with potential every buy and u can fuse them. So if you're cheap(like me) you can just get a bunch of coins and just mass buy/fuse them.

8. Default Re: Spend nx on extra pendant slot or guard/shield scrolls?

Hence the "any 3rd tier pendant". HTP, CHTP, and RSP were just examples I used because they're commonly found in the FM.

9. Default Re: Spend nx on extra pendant slot or guard/shield scrolls?

Yeah I know. I just thought people should know about this particaular one since its free and really easy to get compared to the amount of power it can potentially give. And I never heard anyone mention doing something like this for a pendent.

10. Default Re: Spend nx on extra pendant slot or guard/shield scrolls?

This is actually some good advice I revealed a 9% STR Epic and a 6% STR 3% All Stat Epic in the past week. Not that those are useful for an Evan or that your luck will pan out like that, but these are good alternatives if you aren't spending NX.

11. Default Re: Spend nx on extra pendant slot or guard/shield scrolls?

The Silent Crusade Pendant isn't at all crap compared to the others. The only way it would be is if you can afford to dupe or buy duped pendants, or if you could get REALLY lucky with Chaos Scrolls on one of the other 3. If you scrolled an SC pendant well enough, it'd be better than HTPs and CHTPs, that are godly Chaos'd.

They are also not 'Unique Equip' items. As far as I can see anyway. Take from that what you will. Granted most people can't get great potential AND land 6 20% scrolls without wasting money on NX, they still have great potential power compared to 2 of the supposedly 3 best pendants currently in the game.

12. Default Re: Spend nx on extra pendant slot or guard/shield scrolls?

I never said they were the best; I said they were commonly found.

13. Default Re: Spend nx on extra pendant slot or guard/shield scrolls?

Pretty sure I never said or even suggested that you said they were the best. They are however 3 of the best... of only 5-6 really nice pendants in this game, where there are way too many. Mind of Maple or w/e pendant, and Mark of Naricain for their pure attack, I'd say these are at the bottom of the following list;
    Dominator > CHTP > Silent Crusade Pendant >Rising Sun = HTP (chance for better attack rating, compared to high stats, I'd say even depending on your current gear).

This is my opinion though. Silent Crusade is easier to make better than both Rising Sun and HTP. Rising Sun can offer people more with lucky chaos scrolling if they need the attack, but the HTP is easier and better for people who already have high attack, and could use a bit of balance or simply can't do the chaos scrolling to make a decent Rising Sun. Keep in mind, you don't have to spend any money at all to make a decent SCP, just need to do a lot of farming. If you want to make a perfect, well it's your choice, but it's worth it, unless you are able to get a CHTP and Dominator pendant.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

If you are not going to spend any money at all, just get a MoN.
    For a lower attack pendant to be better, it needs to be cubed. (Unless by "farming" you mean getting hundreds of SCP and fusing them).

15. Default Re: Spend nx on extra pendant slot or guard/shield scrolls?

Legendary Maple Scarf with a couple of Chaos scrolls would be better. It could get the same (or better) attack, as well as a 31-70 potential.

16. Default Re: Spend nx on extra pendant slot or guard/shield scrolls?

This is part of what I meant, you can farm for potential as you described, or farm for mass scrolling. Grabbing multiple pendants, and dropping one scroll per pendant at a time in a tiered fasion, is a feasible if only time consuming method.

Also, from what I've seen, the bolded part isn't an entirely true statement, for most it's true enough though. Some people can add 20-30 str instead of 10 att, and get a better range boost, and this is easy with events like Legends or Renegades. I can do this on my DS, and he's only barely over 100%, which any Mapler can reach with event/pq equips and fusing. I mean, if you're unfunded, and you are not currently an Alchemist fusing Summer Goggles, I wish to never hear you complain about anything.

I was personally trying to scroll a decent, and by decent I mean unhammered, SCP for Mihile. Got one to +3, 1 slot. Lost a few in the process, and I pretty much drop any that fail without exploding. Then I decided to just waste 20 bucks, and transfer both my CHPT from my DS and my HTP from my Paladin and transfer them, as well as buying a pendant slot.

I am the type that doesn't do things half-assed though. I even made a 13 att SC belt, and have a currently 8 matt unhammered matt belt that I got during the process of creating that 13 att. I only made one deviation, which was dropping an Incredible Chaos scroll on them both. Both scrolls I had from past events. Though I did decide to buy NX while they still had the Lite versions of the Mod scrolls to perfect it. My point is even unfunded, and unconnected you could succeed in this game, most people pay 700m to 1bil for 8 att/matt on a belt, you could have one for just a little bit of work and some luck.

Edit: Removed an unfinished thought...

17. Default Re: Spend nx on extra pendant slot or guard/shield scrolls?

Chaosing for attack shouldn't even be taken consideration with a small budget. They don't turn out positive easily or reliably.

18. Default Re: Spend nx on extra pendant slot or guard/shield scrolls?

As an unfunded player who dropped previous professions to fuse summer goggles -- damn but them alchemy stones get pricey after a while. I've been going through several hundred ice chests a day and fusing all the goggles, and I've only gotten my own %mainstat maybe a dozen times. One epic item, and not a single one more.

19. Default Re: Spend nx on extra pendant slot or guard/shield scrolls?

Yeah, I suppose those do add up, but it's really the only choice you have if you choose to upgrade your power. Sometimes it'd be better for you to try to buy pre-made 9% items, which are relatively cheap, or if you can't afford even that much 6% or so, but for items like this that are not tradeable or don't have many common, thus cheap, alternatives, sometimes you do what you gotta do. I fused dozens of Rudolph noses during the last event where they were accidentally all permanent, instead of time-limited, just to get maybe 4% of the stats I wanted. Then, I didn't have any better options, of course, I still don't, but I managed to farm and make my own Rising Sun Face item, unpotentialable, sure, but Rudolph noses aren't tradeable, and I've moved on to other characters.

It's not always easy, but if you enjoy the game, you'll find a way. Also, I hate chaos'ing, sometimes they start off so well, but I just can't stop myself from continuing, and they also undo the magic they've worked for me.

20. Default Re: Spend nx on extra pendant slot or guard/shield scrolls?

JEV I LOVE YOU. Stop spending money on NX!!!