Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Cleaning Up The Streets (suggestion for Nexon that I can't send them)

This isn't about the ironically named quest in ruined New Leaf City. No, it's about the utter congestion that every town is facing currently. They're cluttered with useless NPCs of events passed. These NPCs are the true cause of town lag, and that includes Gaga and Cassandra.

I'd like to ask Nexon to deal with this. Create a new UI or add to the existing UI that shows things like the Dimensional Mirror and Cab. One for things like Gaga, Cassandra, Inkwell, Maple Admin, Cody, etc. The NPCs we see in every single town. Hell, create a new map that can be accessed anywhere so we can go to them at any time and REMOVE THEM FROM TOWNS. There's too many effing NPC's in every single town save Aqua and that's only because Aqua spreads them out over several maps.

Also, I'd love to ask Nexon to make that UI I just mentioned (the one below the level-up guide) available from the maps immediately outside of towns so I don't have to sit there for 40 minutes trying to take a cab or join a PQ. There's no lag outside of the towns.

It would be awesome if Nexon would clean up the streets and make the Maple towns a safer, happier traveling destination. No one should fear visiting a city more than a map full of high leveled monsters! (I am lame)

2. Default Re: Cleaning Up The Streets (suggestion for Nexon that I can't send them)

I agree, the last time I logged in I counted like 30 NPC's in henesys, WHY. Each town has the same like 15 NPC"s so you can access everything. It's just overkill, overcrowded, and frankly off putting

3. Default Re: Cleaning Up The Streets (suggestion for Nexon that I can't send them)

This system sort of exists already in JMS; since Big Bang, there were two additions to Dimensional Mirror, one that is a house for Spinel (so you can go to World Tour through any town); and the other one was an Event Map, that features all the NPC's from old events (Professor Foxwit, Glimmer Man, Maple Anime pomegranate, and other mostly useless NPC's).

Not only this is a simple, yet brilliant idea; but it has even been added already, lowering their job to barely half an hour of copypasta. :o

4. Default Re: Cleaning Up The Streets (suggestion for Nexon that I can't send them)

I actually like the fact of having a lot of NPC's in towns, because well... they are freaking towns, it would be awfull if there were only 2 or 3 NPc + shops. Then again I am in favor of removing useless NPC and adding new ones to the towns with new more quests for all levels, even in Victoria island (who says all quest in Victoria gotta be noob?).

As for Gaga, Cassandra and MapleAdmin IDK, I think they are fine the way they are right now.

5. Default Re: Cleaning Up The Streets (suggestion for Nexon that I can't send them)

Edelstein is the worst about this - everything is plopped onto one map, and there's like a million NPCs that have all those stupid little fetch quests you have to do. At the very least they should get rid of the "retail" NPCs (Duane Reade, Target, whatever), since they've never had any use, and Duane Reade is pineappleing NY specific anyway.

6. Default Re: Cleaning Up The Streets (suggestion for Nexon that I can't send them)

Spinel in every town sounds awesome. In GMS it could give us access to Singapore/Malasya, Zipangu, and Masteria (Amoria and NLC).

Cause let's face it, it never made sense having an intercontinental subway to Masteria, and we already got a portal to NLC in the mirror.

7. Default Re: Cleaning Up The Streets (suggestion for Nexon that I can't send them)

I'd prefer it in another map just like how level 200 npc's were placed. There's already enough things in the Quick Move UI for my taste.

8. Default Re: Cleaning Up The Streets (suggestion for Nexon that I can't send them)

Free advertising for their co-horts. Duh :V

9. Default Re: Cleaning Up The Streets (suggestion for Nexon that I can't send them)

I'm certainly not talking about removing actual town NPCs. The ones with quests that actually belong to the towns should stay. There's no reason to remove them. But the ones that exist in every town simply for events need to be dealt with in another way.

@aslemn If JMS actually has something like that then GMS NEEDS to take it.

10. Default Re: Cleaning Up The Streets (suggestion for Nexon that I can't send them)

They were used for a NX event LONG ago...I cant remember what year but yeah They should be removed since Target and those other retailers dont even sell NX codes anymore...and since they havent been used in forever. I agree that they should do something about all the useless NPC's. I dont experience town lag , but my friends do and I know it can be very annoying. If anything this suggestion should be put on the Nexon forums, I think it would get a lot of support since others have the same issue.

11. Default Re: Cleaning Up The Streets (suggestion for Nexon that I can't send them)

Spinel should be placed in orbis, having her own dock and having the Jet to Singapore as her ride, then she should be able to send you to every world tour map, from Malaisia to Mushroom Shrine.

12. Default Re: Cleaning Up The Streets (suggestion for Nexon that I can't send them)

That's why I posted it here and titled it as I did. I cannot post on their forums.

13. Default Re: Cleaning Up The Streets (suggestion for Nexon that I can't send them)

Another reason for having cluttered towns is because Big Bang made most towns smaller, which never made sense to me. I mean, they gave us a bigger screen resolution, and started giving mobility skills to more jobs, now everyone is faster than ever, but the towns are also smaller, and the maps are flatter and full of shortcuts... what was the point in changing the maps in the first place, then?

If we had the old Kerning City space, or Ellinia, or Henesys space, there wouldn't be a problem with so many NPCs.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Cleaning Up The Streets (suggestion for Nexon that I can't send them)

I believe Fiel narrowed down the cause of town lag to Gaga and Cassandra's (and Maple Admin?) time-dependent animations.

Tidying up the towns is a good idea in itself, but to cure town lag all that's really needed is to change those two NPC's animation scripts, or put them in isolation.

15. Default Re: Cleaning Up The Streets (suggestion for Nexon that I can't send them)

Now that I think about it, is there a way to remove NPCs client-side via WZ edits? My netbook and VM struggle in bigger maps and towns like Edelstein and NLC.

16. Default Re: Cleaning Up The Streets (suggestion for Nexon that I can't send them)

I don't mind having all the NPCs (since they don't lag me at all), but I do agree that they should at least clean up ones that aren't used anymore or find a way to put event NPCs in their own area.

17. Default Re: Cleaning Up The Streets (suggestion for Nexon that I can't send them)

It's only a hypothesis -- my hypothesis -- Fiel just found some evidence upon my request. We haven't actually proven that to be the cause.

But I've been paying attention to what causes the biggest spikes and it's being in the general vicinity of certain NPCs (Gaga and Cassandra included). Maple Admin is also a big offender.

18. Default Re: Cleaning Up The Streets (suggestion for Nexon that I can't send them)

Now they don't, but they did a few years ago during Thanksgiving.

19. Default Re: Cleaning Up The Streets (suggestion for Nexon that I can't send them)

Take Leafre for example. Checking the world map ('cause I'm lazy) reveals there are 40 NPCs.

Town Citizens
    Chief Tatamo
    Koscu
    Moodie
    Mos
    Max
    Norman
    Sly
    Yaku
    Ito
    Kumo
    Pam

Event NPCs
    Ace of Hearts
    Coco
    Maple Administrator
    Cassandra
    Gaga
    Cody
    Inkwell
    Maple Claws
    Little Beak
    Conor
    Ms. Appropriation
    Boss Kumi
    Lucia
    Mrs. Bo

Other
    Honorable Rock
    Eurek the Alchemist
    Dimensional Mirror
    Danger Zone Taxi
    Maximus
    Mr. Moneybags
    Monster Park Shuttle
    Spinel
    Leafre Maple TV
    Dalair
    Donation Box
    Donald
    Oster
    Nebulite Gachapon
    Lea
    Bo

(note that not all of these are currently visible, but they're on the world map)

The 'other' category even contains some NPCs for permanent content that was removed (Guild PQ, PvP)

20. Default Re: Cleaning Up The Streets (suggestion for Nexon that I can't send them)