Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy

http://finalfantasy13game.com/astormgathers/
    Hopefully this won't go the way of the TWEWY teaser site.

The way it specifies Lightning probably means this is a Lightning based spin-off, rather than Final Fantasy XIII-3. Either way, i'm curious about what they are going to reveal.
    Last edited by Razmos; 2012-09-01 at 05:43 AM. Reason: changed title after reveal

2. Default Re: A Storm Gathers (Final Fantasy)

Yeah, I saw this yesterday and was wondering about it; hopefully they build on XIII-2's system instead of making it like XIII-1 again. XIII-2 was pretty damn good with a less impressive cast, while XIII-1 was mediocre at best with a couple of solid MCs. Combine the two positives and you have a solid game.

3. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    uk

Default Re: A Storm Gathers (Final Fantasy)

I agree, I enjoyed XIII a lot because of it's plot, I thought it was really well done, very atmospheric, very dramatic, good main characters that were easily likable. However gameplay-wise it was kinda lacking.

XIII-2 on the other hand completely threw out of the plot and ruined it in my opinion. The time travel nonsense was boring, Serah and Noel are not interesting characters and Caius was a bad villain in my eyes. He would have made a much more epic villain if the story had led up to a final fight with him, in a similar way that VIII did with Ultimecia. Fighting Caius around 4 or 5 times in the plot was just boring, and his skills never changed, even for the final boss fight. Yeul was a practically non-existent character, and Hope somehow became more boring than his whiney teenager form in the first game.

That being said, XIII-2 improved everything in terms of gameplay.

4. Default Re: A Storm Gathers (Final Fantasy)

I find this a bit funny. I enjoyed FFXIII's gameplay a lot; mostly due to the paradigm shift system, I thought it was a really clever idea. The story was really just odd though, and the game felt much too linear until you got to Pulse.

5. Alligator Straight Male
    IGN: Sure
    Server: Redoot
    Level: Eh.
    Job: I guess?
    Guild: No idea.
    Alliance: Think I know?
    Farm: This Exists Still?

And I'm gonna be the guy who breaks the nice comments.
    I thought XIII was completely overrated like VII. No offence.
    And what's the fillers? GIVE US VERSUS ALREADY PRICKS. LET US MOVE ON WITH OUR LIVES.
    Seriously though, this oughta be good...if not, them I will have lost all hope for Enix.

6. Default Re: A Storm Gathers (Final Fantasy)

Or lolcalize Type-0 or whatever the pineapple it's called now.

7. Alligator Straight Male

Not even that. Or give some type of confirmation that KH3 is being devleoped...yes, I'm one of those people. Though, think about it. almost 6 years later, and no Versus.

8. Default Re: A Storm Gathers (Final Fantasy)

I don't wanna think about it.

At least KH III is the next game. I'm tired of all this filler. Re: Coded was absolute garbage. I'll add it to the heap. Crunch.

9. Default Re: A Storm Gathers (Final Fantasy)

So should I bother with XIII-2 to prepare for this? I liked XIII-1, but hoooly crap.

10. Default Re: A Storm Gathers (Final Fantasy)

XIII-2 actually was really super good. I was really suprised. I played the demo and it was just stellar, so I got the game. They smoothed out all the wrinkles in the battle system.

The story was a bit convoluted, but I think it sets up a third entry well.

11. Default Re: A Storm Gathers (Final Fantasy)

Welp. Another one to add to the pile, I guess.

I'll see if I can snag it for $30.

12. Alligator Straight Male

And finally we can get a move on out of this mess and move on to a bigger mess that is XIV and Versus XIII.
    The game seems promising already.

13. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

This sounds really exciting, much better than what I was expecting. A real time Final Fantasy? that's kinda like what Versus was gonna be.

Playing dress up with Lightning = Yay! I really liked Lightning in the Aya Brea costume:

That clunky armour really doesn't do it for me, she didn't look right.

Anyway, in regards to the paradigm system, i'm wondering if it will be like Dissidia? that was in real time and Lightning still had Paradigm roles. her combat was pretty fun actually.

14. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

I laughed out loud at that :P

My god there is a lot of haters for XIII. There are just negative unfounded comments everywhere.

15. Default Re: A Storm Gathers (Final Fantasy)

Yeah, it really annoys me when people hate on SE for stupid pomegranate. NO ONE WANTS THIS!!!!!!! I want this. I want this soooo bad. And I've got better taste than most other pineapples so... eat it.

16. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Most of them don't even give a reason, I think it's just bandwagoning. :P

I'm really excited for this game, I love having Lightning back as the main character and the Majora's mask style doomsday clock is awesome. The battle system sounds more in depth than previous entries, and now with the whole Fal'cie and time travel nonsense over with, the story has the potential to go somewhere good. Even if it is just Lightning looking for revenge for /* Serah's death */