2. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: Teacher cuts pupil's hair, mum files police report

Welcome to Mexico's Middle Schools!
    Oh wait...
    Well except for the police part... This is a daily basis in every elementary and middle school.

3. Default Re: Teacher cuts pupil's hair, mum files police report

here too, but some brat just couldnt take his ugliness(as if he wasnt already ugly enough) after the cut and came crying to mommy.... poor little brat, grow up.

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

lol, i'm sorry, but I lost it at $60 haircut. Really?
    and then spending another $60 getting it restyled? that's just ridiculous. Maybe he should have cared less about his looks and more about the rules of the school. He deserved what he got.

5. Default Re: Teacher cuts pupil's hair, mum files police report

It's an irrelevant rule though, I mean come on, how the hell is that going to affect his learning? He can't see? Now if this was a private school I'd be a little more apathetic, but come on, it's hair, and styled so it's not like it's a health issue lol.

I remember how being put against the fence at recess felt like a communist camp haha.

6. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

I really doubt this was a first offense though, and he sounds like a brat. It said that the kids already had warnings and if it's against school policies then they should have either accepted that and done what was asked or moved schools. So in this case, the mother is actually in the wrong too for actively encouraging the kid to break the rules.

That being said, the teacher is still definitely in the wrong, but she wouldn't be in that position anyway if the students had actually listened to the warnings they were given.

and lol, any punishment in school was always blown way out of proportion. I hated getting in trouble. I was kind of a brat sometimes though, usually I tried to follow the rules and be a good student, but when I got in trouble I always got in trouble BAD.

7. Default Re: Teacher cuts pupil's hair, mum files police report

Yeah I don't see the correlation with short hair and academics either. One of my molecular biology professors was a guy with ong hair and he was one of the best professors I ever had.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Primary school isn't just about academics. They also try to teach such things as morals, social skills, and discipline.

In my opinion, it's fine for a school to have rules for such things as hair. However, it is completely wrong for the teacher to cut it herself. What would she do if a child came in wearing non-compliant clothing? Strip them?
    If the child is a repeat offender he should simply be suspended. Mum would get his hair cut properly very quickly if she were told he'd not be allowed back on school grounds until she does.

9. Default Re: Teacher cuts pupil's hair, mum files police report

Better than John Edwards 400$ Haircut.

Still a better VP than Ryan.

10. Default Re: Teacher cuts pupil's hair, mum files police report

As a male with glorious past-elbow length long hair, I would have stabbed her in the throat with a pencil.

11. Default Re: Teacher cuts pupil's hair, mum files police report

Good for you!

12. Default Re: Teacher cuts pupil's hair, mum files police report

its not just a school rule, its important to get a neat haircut for ALL national exams in primary and secondary schools(in his case, the PSLE). its nothing new, and pointless arguing against.

and just to clear things up, this 'cutting of hair by teachers' has been around for ages. some schools have the discipline masters cut the hair of these delinquents while some hire barbers in which the student will be forced to have a haircut and pay themselves.

13. Default Re: Teacher cuts pupil's hair, mum files police report

Whether it's part of the culture doesn't change that it's extremely unnecessary lol

14. Default Re: Teacher cuts pupil's hair, mum files police report

because getting a job in the future doesnt require you to look neat and smart right ?

15. Default Re: Teacher cuts pupil's hair, mum files police report

I have a job and I didn't have to go through this barbaric teaching style to know how to get one.

16. Default Re: Teacher cuts pupil's hair, mum files police report

how is asking you to get a neat haircut barbaric ? O_O

17. Orbital Bee Cannon

The teacher cutting his hair is barbaric.
    IDK about your country, but around here teachers are not allowed to lay a finger on students.
    As I said before, if the student refuses to cut his hair in accordance with school rules, he should be suspended until he does. That's what schools around here do.

18. Default Re: Teacher cuts pupil's hair, mum files police report

Oh wow. That's my primary school. o.O

I can assure you that if Singaporean schools did that, everyone would refuse to cut their hair so they wouldn't have to go to school.

While I don't agree with that teacher's methods, calling her actions barbaric is a little over-the-top. It's just hair.

Totally agree with you. I'd save that $60 for upcoming games.

19. Orbital Bee Cannon

That's where parents come in

20. Default Re: Teacher cuts pupil's hair, mum files police report

Sorry, but you are all under-reacting. You cannot go around cutting someone's hair. If someone cut my hair or if I had a kid and this happened you'd better believe that teacher would be getting her head shaved by me.

For once, I agree with flonne. Cutting someone's hair against their will is assault.