Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default An elderly woman decides to restore a worn-out religious painting by herself.

An elderly woman, that claimed having "good intentions" decided, without asking for permission, to try to fix a damaged fresco; Ecce Homo, painted on the 19th century by Elías García Martínez; located at the walls of the church of Santuario de Misericordia.

After finishing such attempt and seeing the results, the woman immediately ran to the authorities and confessed.

Seems like hell is really "full of good intentions", after all. LOL.
    *Sorry for any mistakes up there.

Source: There's a spanish article on El País journal page: http://cultura.elpais.com/cultura/20...68_581914.html

2. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: An elderly woman decides to restore a worn-out religious painting by herself.

Holy pomegranate that is funny.

3. Default Re: An elderly woman decides to restore a worn-out religious painting by herself.

I read the title as "An elderly woman decides to restore a worn-out religious by painting herself" and expected to see some scary, wrinkly body art. I came in and was truly entertained. LOL.

4. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Default Re: An elderly woman decides to restore a worn-out religious painting by herself.

I'm having a hard time understanding how the woman managed to so thoroughly overestimate her own skills. The only reason I can imagine is that the woman was suffering from dementia or something, but the article didn't seem to say anything about that when I skimmed over it.

5. Default Re: An elderly woman decides to restore a worn-out religious painting by herself.

This is why there are people in the profession of art restoration.

6. Default Re: An elderly woman decides to restore a worn-out religious painting by herself.

it's bigfoot!

7. Default Re: An elderly woman decides to restore a worn-out religious painting by herself.

i was half expecting a comically large black mustache to be on it.

8. Default Re: An elderly woman decides to restore a worn-out religious painting by herself.

This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
    Last edited by Sarah; 2012-08-22 at 02:16 AM.

9. Default Re: An elderly woman decides to restore a worn-out religious painting by herself.

I pineappleing lost it when I scrolled down and saw the picture.

10. Default Re: An elderly woman decides to restore a worn-out religious painting by herself.

It's a lion!

11. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

Im an art major and I approve of this.

12. Default Re: An elderly woman decides to restore a worn-out religious painting by herself.

This is grade A stuff right here. LOL

13. Default Re: An elderly woman decides to restore a worn-out religious painting by herself.

And this is why the elderly should not receive cheaper car insurance.

Just kidding. But really, what the hell, woman.

14. Default Re: An elderly woman decides to restore a worn-out religious painting by herself.

my sides were not prepared for this

15. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

English Article

Also, relevant:

16. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

She's prob going to try being a tattoo artist next.

17. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

18. Default Re: An elderly woman decides to restore a worn-out religious painting by herself.

I feel so bad for her.

19. Default Re: An elderly woman decides to restore a worn-out religious painting by herself.

Courtesy of SA.

20. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

I thought it looked familiar.