IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Default Questions about Nebulites

I have not played at the time when nebulites were released and was wondering quite a few things before I start using them:

1. Where do you get them - are they gach-only or can they be "fused" into one like I heard somewhere?
    2. How do you mount one on your weapon/etc. and how much nx would it cost to obtain and mount them if any? How do you remove a nebulite and mount ("cube") another?
    3. I seldomly see rank A nebs in the fm and a guildie told me that rank A nebulites were most likely obtained through hacks. How true is this and is it possible to obtain them legitly?
    4. What are the best available non-hacked nebulites to use on the weapon and equips (including face accessory/shoulder/etc)? I'm guessing its 15% ignore defense on weapon and 2% int (for my class) on non-weapons.

Thank you for answering.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Questions about Nebulites

1. They can either be gached or acquired from nebulite boxes, which supposedly drop at a very low rate from all mobs. And yes, they can be fused. The lower level level ones can be fused with a skill you have in your Beginner tab, the higher level ones require a Fuser that comes from the Nebulite Gachapon.

2. To mount one on your equipment, you must first drill a "socket" in your equip (using an item that's sold in most potion shops for 5,000 meso, iirc), and then double-click the Nebulite in your Set-Up inventory and specify the item to mount it on.
    To remove the Nebulite you need a Nebulite Diffuser, which is a cash shop item.
    There used to be special cubes for freestanding nebulites (mounted ones can't be changed) in the cash shop. They're gone now.

3. Rank A nebulites can be obtained legitly from the Gachapon or from fusing, but they were generated during the item-generator exploit, and duped. Unlike the Rank S nebulites that were also created that way, the A's were not purged by Nexon, so they're probably still out there. I don't know any way to tell them apart from legitimate ones, except by knowing the seller and similar circumstantial evidence.

4. 18% ignore def is a mere rank B, so quite probably legit and usually not too expensive. Depending on what you fight and how much ignore def you already have, this is a pretty good option. Other good options are % crit and % total damage (rank B or A, whichever you can afford). % stat is less useful, unless you have little to no %stat on your clothes.

Good luck.

3. Default Re: Questions about Nebulites

1.a. No, they aren't gach-only. They *CAN* come from nebulite gachapon, but most of the ones in existence came from opening Nebulite Boxes. These boxes are supposed to drop from all mobs (excluding the usual world tour maps), though I haven't personally seen one drop in a few months (and I've been farming emblems at ToT during 2x events). However, when they were first released, some monsters had an abnormally high drop rate (near 90-100%), so some people have stashes of THOUSANDS of boxes.

1.b. Yes, there is a fusion system. Look in your beginner tab for a skill called Nebulite Fusion. Every char should have it. You put in two Rank D's or C's and hope for the best. I think there's a special cash shop ticket (from neb gach) that lets you fuse rank B's. Whenever you fuse, it will give you a random nebulite. The better the ingredients, the more likely you'll get a pleasurable outcome.

2. To mount them, you just need to buy a Nebulite Socket Creator (5k mesos) from a potion shop (I know the merchant in Monster Park sells them). Just double click on it, drag the equip in, and press Go. To remove a nebulite requires a nebulite drill (forget the real name), which is only sold in the cash shop. When you remove it, it is destroyed forever (don't get it back).

3. Rank A is usually from gachapon, or the result of fusing two Rank B's (with the cash shop ticket) and getting lucky. Or, they could have been "cubed" with Alien Cubes that existed for the first few weeks they were out. Yes, I'm sure there were a few generated from the item generation hack, but you'll never be able to tell. (I know hackers were generating Rank S nebs, which have never legitly been released. AFAIK, those have all been removed from the game.)

4. For weapons, the best (common) nebulite is the Ignore 18% def, but the Ignore 15% def one is also good (and much cheaper). The BEST nebulite for weapons would be the Rank A % boss damage ones (20 or 25%). As for equips, most people try to just get the Rank C 1% Stat nebs. Rich people go for the 2% Stat nebs, or even the 1-2% All Stat nebs (few hundred mil each last I checked).

Hope that helps!

4. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Much appreciated. That answered everything One more question though: are the odds extremely small of getting a good nebulite from the neb gachapon?

@ElderTree Thank you also for answering my questions in such detail!

5. Default Re: Questions about Nebulites

I would assume so considering that Nexon smega's out to the world when someone pull out a Rank A. And once you get one, you pray that it's not just +24 Avoid.

6. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

That does not sound worth it to gach them at all. Maybe I should just buy some boxes and hope for decent ones even though I hate buying anything that's most-likely botted. I'm guessing at some point in the future, Nexon will officially release rank S nebs and also allow for the ability to fuse rank A and rank S ones. Thanks again.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon

The boxes give out rank D and C nebulites, and very rarely a B.
    While you can fuse them, it's unlikely you'll get anything good out of a few boxes.
    And if you have the meso to buy plenty of boxes, just buy the nebulites themselves in FM.

8. Default Re: Questions about Nebulites

I know a few people who make a decent living merching off opening boxes and selling the nebs. I've never tried it myself so I can't say for sure, but at 2m a box, buying 100 boxes lets you see ~200 nebs, and a single 2% stat B neb makes you your money back. It's why I haven't sold my last few stacks of boxes.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon

I must be extra unlucky with them, then.
    I've opened way more than 100 boxes, and if I get a B out of the lot it's accuracy or something equally useful.

10. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

with sapta on this one, i'd average a B rank per 60 boxes, and it's always something crappy.

most A-ranks have been duped and generated i'm sorry to say.