1. Default Nexon warns consoles could "go the way of the dinosaurs"

More...

2. Default Re: Nexon warns consoles could "go the way of the dinosaurs"

Seriously?
    Free games for everyone?
    It won't work. It just won't.

3. Default Re: Nexon warns consoles could "go the way of the dinosaurs"

I'd rather that systems stayed with making me pay $60 for a full game than trying to extract more money out of me for a free to play game. The only thing archaic is the "pay to win" strategy.

4. Default Re: Nexon warns consoles could "go the way of the dinosaurs"

Seconded. I don't like spending the time to get a game to find that it's incomplete. For MMOs, it's a different story, but if console games followed that, I'd be frustrated. Imagine playing a half-completed Zelda game... It just wouldn't work and you know that would be the path they'd take, since they could milk more money out of it. I'm sure Nintendo would never do that, anyway, since they've stated they like to give their customers the fullest experience possible upon release, which is why they have delayed DLC for so long.

5. Default Re: Nexon warns consoles could "go the way of the dinosaurs"

Cash Shop Epona for Ocarina of Time.

6. Default Re: Nexon warns consoles could "go the way of the dinosaurs"

Daniel Kim has no idea what he's talking about and this isn't even his field of expertise, I have no idea why he's making such statements to the press.

The reality is that there's still a huge number of people out there who prefer consoles over PCs because they're simple. Especially considering the consoles now do more than just play games. I read a poll recently that said something like 70% of people prefer playing games on consoles.

So yeah, Daniel Kim is a jackwagon who's just trying to prop up his own company's pomegranatety agenda. He needs to stick to what he knows: how to steal from children and people with low income and addictive personalities, as statistically those are the people who end up spending the most on F2P games.

Edit: Just finished reading the article and seriously? What a load of bullpomegranate. He has no idea what he's talking about.

7. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: Nexon warns consoles could "go the way of the dinosaurs"

And Nexon America could "go the way of Soviet Union"

8. Default Re: Nexon warns consoles could "go the way of the dinosaurs"

You definitely hit the nail on the head for me. This is pretty much the reason I time and time again purchase games for my Xbox over the PC. Consoles have a very rigid standardization when it comes to their games and there is literally no DRM. Yeah, maybe my games aren't as pretty but we're at a point in technology that graphics just flat out look good if it's a AAA title, regardless of platform.

On topic though, he's not right, at all. While yes there is a untapped market of people on consoles for F2P, consoles are not going to be dying any time soon. Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony are all gearing up the next Generation and those will be around at least another 7 years.

9. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

how about the capcom way? buy the full game for 60, but only access the content if you pay MORE money for the "DLC"?

10. Default Re: Nexon warns consoles could "go the way of the dinosaurs"

And here I was thinking I heard/read that pc gaming was dying and the console business was the one that was booming...

Sounds like desperate marketing spin too me.

11. Default Re: Nexon warns consoles could "go the way of the dinosaurs"

I put "full" for a reason

12. Donator Straight Male
    panama

so did i

13. Default Re: Nexon warns consoles could "go the way of the dinosaurs"

Then it goes without saying that's just a scandel, and is not getting my money. Although I do support content additions, I don't agree you should pay anything for them. They should just make games $80 each and give you all the DLC and continue to produce content for the game.

14. Default Re: Nexon warns consoles could "go the way of the dinosaurs"

The companies are the ones that die, not the platform.

Stop trying to predict the end of console gaming, nothing is strong enough to kill it. Not addicting "F2P" game, not crappy mobile games and not mindless "social" games.

The problem with Capcom is that there's not really a good alternative to fighting games, but that's starting to change.

15. Default Re: Nexon warns consoles could "go the way of the dinosaurs"

Well, the platform is the DRM in the case of consoles. There's no independent computing functions to impede. No open environment to fence. That's part of what made consoles attractive to develop games on compared to PCs: the intellectual property assurances are built into the platform design. Well, they were more so before consoles had USB ports and bootable internal storage...

16. Donator Straight Male
    panama

i'm surprised you don't know about this scandal, people that bought one of the capcom fighting games paid for it, hackers however found a whole rooster of characters inside the CD that were unobtainable, turns out capcom was planning to announce them as "DLC" even though they were already on the disk fully playable, all the "DLC" would do is just unlock it from the game you had already bought.

17. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

They made my Jill Valentine DLC EVEN ALTHOUGH SHE WAS ALREADY ON DISC!

I'm just hoping they don't do that with RE6, and if they do, at least make it mercenaries maps Capcom!

18. Default Re: Nexon warns consoles could "go the way of the dinosaurs"

I'm aware of it (such as that huge scandel with that FPS game, forgot the name, second and third installment) I just didn't feel like it needed to be mentioned as that, at least in my book, is just, if not more, immoral than F2P games.
    Last edited by KhainiWest; 2012-08-20 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Mass effect

19. Default Re: Nexon warns consoles could "go the way of the dinosaurs"

Well, yeah. It goes without saying that the console is actually DRM but what I'm mainly referring to is when you put that disc you get into the console or the PC, what is in between you doing that and playing the game. This is the reason I almost never buy PC games, it's too much hassle for next to no benefit.

20. Default Re: Nexon warns consoles could "go the way of the dinosaurs"

Does this mean I have to buy Fiora's bikini in Xenoblade with real money now?