Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Ignore Def % Limit?

It seem like ignore % has no limit ....
    i have over 110% ignore and when i get a 15% neublite ignore my dmg just keep rising ??

what going on.... can someone else confirm me that this is true or false and thank you
    tell me the diff of your dmg when u you get 100% pdr and you use more than 100%

2. Default Re: Ignore Def % Limit?

If you have 100% Ignore Defense, you are ignoring all defense. Regardless of what % a boss has for defense, if you have 100%, you are ignoring all of it. There is no benefit for going beyond 100% as far as I know.

3. Default Re: Ignore Def % Limit?

This should be pretty obvious. If anything beyond 100% def ignore really had any effect in the damage you deal, it wouldn't be defense ignoring anymore but a damage boost.

4. Default Re: Ignore Def % Limit?

Sorry, this sort off made me laugh but yeah they´re right.

5. Default Re: Ignore Def % Limit?

nvm your right 100% is max
    i forgot my codex was off lolz
    thank guy

6. Default Re: Ignore Def % Limit?

I think what confuses some people is that defense values for some bosses are listed as percentages, so people assume you need that much percentage to ignore their defense, IE: Chaos Pink Bean has 180% Defense, so people assume you need 180% Ignore defense to ignore it all, when you only need 100% ignore.

7. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Ignore Def % Limit?

happens pretty often, i can't say "ignores a percentage of the percentage" because someone always asks "so i substract it?"

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

And since Nexon always does their math right, and always names things right, that couldn't possibly happen

I can easily imagine them using a formula such as
    my_def_ignore = sum of all ignore_def fields on gear and skills
    damage_lost = monster_PDrate * (1 - my_def_ignore)
    damage_done = damage_dealt * (1 - damage_lost)

In which case if my_def_ignore is larger than 1 (100%), the damage actually done to the monster will be higher than your original damage output. They need to put in extra code to limit my_def_ignore to 1, and being Nexon...

I've no proof, one way or the other. But it's worth testing before dismissing.

9. Default Re: Ignore Def % Limit?

Isn't this your 3rd thread about this? Or at least the 2nd one, I'm positive you made this before.

10. Default Re: Ignore Def % Limit?

Okay, so since I have 15% on my Dagger, 15% on my Katara (both from nebulites), 30% from using Phantom Blow and 30% from the Leafre Set, I'm sitting at 90% ignore defense right? Assuming I just use Phantom Blow to attack.

11. Default Re: Ignore Def % Limit?

Correct.

12. Neutron
    IGN: ShyBladder
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 19X
    Job: Blade Master
    Guild: Goomba
    Alliance: AdventureE
    finland

You probably have some from Ambition too, but yeah.
    Edit: Ninjad

13. Default Re: Ignore Def % Limit?

It's been approximately one month since the last one.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Could be worse, there's people I've run into claim you only need to match the PDR to "Ignore all of it" and any more is a waste.
    IE: If a boss has 55% PDR, then they would say you only need 55% PDR, because any more is a waste of time and money.

Apparently they don't realize it'd only be 55% of 55%.

15. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

let them be, and wait for cpb lol.

16. Default Re: Ignore Def % Limit?

Thats what i mean. People thought you needed 180% PDR to ignore all of CPB's defense.

17. Default Re: Ignore Def % Limit?

To be fair, Monster's defense is always listed without a percent, as a static number, which is then converted into the percent in practice.

18. Default Re: Ignore Def % Limit?

well i didnt understand on the last thread but still
    something doesnt add up when attacking snail vs attacking cygnus knight still missing even with 100% pdr which im still trying to find out maybe ambition ignore doenst work hmmmm

i let you know what is going on i ma test something out it seem like to be working on my other char
    but certain char doenst seem to be working maybe it glitch ... atm i let you know if i found anything
    as it for now 100% ignore is 100% ignore that is right cuz i tested on my other char with 100% pdr and it work right
    but some char seem to be a problem

19. Default Re: Ignore Def % Limit?

thanks for not giving us any useful information at all that we could use to help you solve this issue

20. Default Re: Ignore Def % Limit?

question: How does one know when the pirate's 100% def ignore is working? o_O I mean granted I see bigger numbers every now and then, but i normally attribute that to crits (buccs do have a nearly 90% crit chance all the time).