View Poll Results: Is your current main/first 200 also your first main?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, my current main/level 200 was the first one I played.

46 34.59%
  • No, I have changed mains before my first 200.

30 22.56%
  • No, I have changed mains before settling on this one.

33 24.81%
  • I change characters constantly, I have no "main" character.

24 18.05%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

I started playing 7 years ago. My first character was an I/L wizard. I deleted it at level 40 to make a Cleric. That was my main character until Pirates came out. Then I created my Corsair and its been my main since then, though I occasionally trained my Bishop when I felt like it. My Bishop's account got hacked a while ago so I can no longer access it. It was level 18x. My Corsair will be my first level 200 in a few days.

My Sair is really the only class I enjoy playing, though Mercedes was pretty close. I've gotten bored of every other class I've tried within a few days.

2. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

I love my Aran, it was teh reason I came back to MS. When they came out I was like "NO WAY, a character where you feel like you have 100% of control and works like a fighting game? I'm all in!". He has my best equips but sadly I got hacked and they took all my meso and my weapon so I can't play on him. So right now I'm working with my Corsair which has been my predilect class since ever.

I gotta say the first time I played MS I made a spearman but it has a high amount of INT, because I used to think that's how they get more damage from skills and the Str only worked for normal attacks. Ah, good ol' days back in V.24.

3. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

I don't play anymore but yeah, PunchEm, my Buccaneer.

4. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

corner99 has always been my main no matter what class I go to which isn't much since I only play sword wielding classes I always come back to him. There are too many memories and too many things I'm still doing with him to even considering maining another char.

5. Neon Atom Straight Female
    IGN: BawssLyk
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 200
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Twerk
    Massachusetts

When I first started out in 2005, I was very indecisive (and too young to stick to a character without getting bored). My very first character was an archer. She had 16 int, so I deleted her to get better stats. I got her to about level 31 and I quit her. :x

On El Nido, my first was my bishop. I got bored on her. She's currently at 94.5%, level 179. I'm not even motivated to get that last 5%. What the actual pineapple?

But now, I'm sticking with my merc and my BaM.

6. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

I've changed mains twice in the six or seven years I've been playing. My first main was an assassin that my friend told me was the class that he found to be the most fun when I first joined, but I never managed to even get it to level 50.

My second main was a Paladin that I did manage to get to level 160; however, over time the nigh invulnerability started making it get boring, let alone the fact that I only ever used my one mobbing attack because I was too weak to do anything but grind in LHC, and on the off-chance I did fight a boss I was put off because I would spend 9-15 seconds rebuffing every time I got hit with dispel (sometimes I'd rebuff, only to get hit with dispel again to waist a grand total of 18-30 seconds).

So, upon the release of the Resistance, I ended up switching mains to a Wild Hunter without really meaning to. It was pretty gradual, as my Paladin still had a ton of sentimental value to me, but I started putting more effort into my Wild Hunter's equipment, and it slowly accumulated more funding than my Paladin. My Wild Hunter's position as my main was sealed when I was hacked for about the third time (first time since making the Wild Hunter), after which I didn't bother trying to re-equip my Paladin (it remains sitting in my account with some armor that "looks" powerful, but has no potential at all)
    Last edited by Sorien; 2012-08-19 at 02:39 PM. Reason: I realized I've been playing a lot longer than I thought.

7. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

not one for long stories, so i'll just shorten it a bit.

shinkudragon is actually my third character, my first one lasted a day (made it in bera, next time i go to school and friend tells me that they're in the "scania" server) so i delete it and remake.

i have a 2 year long hiatus somewhere in there, in that time the "dexless" build became easy enough to obtain, and since my char had a lot of secondary stat, i remade it with the shinkudragon ign.

my second character is STILL on the account though. and all three classes were going the DrK way (second char stopped at 63) with shinku being the only one that got there.

always a DrK.

8. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

I've stuck with my main through two versions of MS, two rounds of fail o' suckybluh stats, a six-year hibernation, and the explosion of new-character tryouts that followed. It's not at 200, and 200 isn't my goal -- I don't really have any particular goals like that, only things like "don't do that thing with the AP again" or "keep your nostalgia items around" or "try to increase these traits".

9. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

Yep. I started the character on 8/26/2006, so it's almost been six years now! whoa

10. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

Depends on what counts as main character too I guess. If it is tracing back to Beta before oMS was released, then no, as I had an incorrect dice rolled warrior who sucked and only picked Maple back up when oMS was first released and chose my new class that is my main for life. Same goes for the frozen-in-time Sniper in jMS too.

11. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

Started back when Broa was the newest world and before 3rd job was released. I think that's before December of 2006? Anyway, I started as an I/L mage. Was so fricken happy when i got past level 30 for the second job advance AND when I made my first 1 million mesos (took me FOREVER to save up that money). But then when Amoria was released, I got the stupid orange bowl cut from that quest and I was like "OH GOD WHY" Fugly as hell with the bushy brow face.

Anyway, by then 3rd job was released, so my cousin was like "Hey! Let's make a ranger! They're OP with FIRE" So we took his old alt and he became my main character. The route to level 70 was ridiculously hard and laborious, especially training at zombies and looking for a training spot there at 2x. I made ranger though. By the time 4th job was released, I was level 8x and had a few random characters on that account for fun (i.e. the Level 1 character on Vic island because that was so hard to get off maple island in one piece xD) and had decent equips. Had maybe around 5-6 mil in mesos. Eventually, one of my guildies was a pro mage and she gave us free leech to 120 (she was an Aussie and we're Cali, so we got to sleep while she was up training before she went to work/school). It was perfect. This was also the time when Blood Building was in play, so my already high strength archer got the blood build treatment so that i could go to Horntail at 14x (which never happened) I was so happy to have more than 4k HP. Hurricane solved pretty much everything about damage cause it was the highest DPS attack at the time and SE guaranteed me into a party no matter what. I made my first 70 mil by going to zakum parties and getting splits. Hell, I didn't even get my first zhelm until level 85. Life was good.

But then, the pirates came out in KMST. I was so captivated by the buccaneer. Barrage was like "HOLY JESUS THAT ATTACK IS AWESOME! You're saying that I can hit 1 monster six times AND have the damage amplify? I can do MASSIVE damage now!" By then we had an HS mule (my guildie had leeched herself a bishop lol) and we had gotten ourselves a ridiculous amount of orbis exchange quest items. I made a new account and gave them all to him. The day pirates came out, my buccaneer would be fricken awesome. I could skip 10-30 because of the exchange quest items, so that boring part was over. Now I got to mess with 2nd job skills! I got to level 70 in no time at all (i.e. REALLY FRICKEN LONG) and got my zhelm from someone who did the JQ from me- one of my cousin's old friends logged onto my account and did the JQ for me (yeah, that actually happened people. Believe it). And as soon as i could leech newties, i had bought a 4 hour 2x card, and leeched to 120 (because everyone was doing it). Was so happy to be able to get all the new skills and all the quests that we had to do to get skills. Quests weren't annoying; the mastery books were. I remember spending over 500 million on SE 20/30 books and BARRAGE (yeah you read that right, barrage 20 was like 20 mil and I failed 3 of them). WorthyPirate is my main character now and probably will be for the rest of my time in maplestory. Yes I;ve now managed to get many characters to over level 120 because it's just that easy. You name it, I probably have it leveled to 4th job. We have one on each class at 4th job, so when CWKPQ came out, my cousin and my accounts were always coveted, one because we had a level 12x pirate and the other because we could literally be any class they needed. My pirate has now been trained to 15x all by myself. I make all my characters on my own to make my buccaneer the best character that I have (I also find it hilarious that we had so many SP resets that I only needed to get 2 free mastery books to max every single skill in my inventory, except SI of course). Long live the Buccaneer!

12. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

My first non-beta char was an Assassin on Scania, which I quit several years ago when Khaini was released. My first Khaini char was a Crusader who for a time was the highest leveled one until Huy passed it. That char was transferred to Broa by a friend who I let use my account for like a month. After that I went to Broa for a brief time because of a friend, where I made a new Assassin which I got to a Hermit before going back to Khaini full time when Big Bang was released, where I made my Battle Mage. It hasn't gotten anywhere since Mechanic's were released, but I plan to level it again at some point. Though not until after my Mercedes get to 200.

13. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I doubt very many people have since picking one character and loving it immediately without getting tempted by either a new class or starting over once you reach 200 is kind of hard. I started with a chief bandit before pirates came out and once i lost my CB account i waited for corsairs and realized i didn't like them and switched to buccs. Then that got to 200 and i moved to cannoneers because i had all the str gear and i wanted a ranged class with survivability, utility, and above all mobility.

14. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

My first char was a I/L Mage too. I was always below average geared and i toughed it out till 120 after like... a year-2 of grinding. This was back when Himes was hands-down the place to grind those levels. I hit 120 shortly after leafre had released. With much excitement I finally got Archmage... and finally tasted the power of spammable blizzard...

Then it was explained to me that I was supposed to stand in one spot SPAMMING that same skill from 120-200. I lasted like... 6 levels before i noped the heck out of it. and quit.

Immediately made a Bandit, what could easily be the polar opposite of everything IL stands for and loved the heck out of it from 50-120. in 5 months, huge difference. Then I got sick of the meso requirements to keep up with gear/skillbooks and quit again till big bang.

Once big bang started i rolled like 3 characters fresh and have been fooling around with quite a few different classes. and even though i got my mercedes to a higher lv and honestly better geared... I still kinda consider my shadower to still be my main somehow. I guess because its the character I'm most fond of/best memories and all.

I like a lot of the new characters, but i seriously prefer my adventurer classes because they can share cash shop AND near all of my adventurers have access to a permanent set/pet. So when i do come back i end up sticking to them despite the new resistance/legends/other having so much flash. Its hard to motivate me past 130ish cause the mastery book system is a huge turnoff though... i'd love to make my Shadower Lv 200 but ugh.

15. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

My actual first character Gubbins the I/L had borked stats, but Gobbins the I/L magician was my first official main. Was a character hopper for a while when I got to higher levels where AMs in general were hopelessly disadvantaged. I had some stints on other characters, I liked the way Beguiling the shadower played and he was much more versatile than Gobbins. BB shook up Beguiling too much so I went back to Gobbins.

These days while I still play and sometimes fund other characters, Gobbins always takes priority and always receives the most funding/play times. Character hopping for me these days is utterly pointless, new classes will always be better than what I make right now and I like how the characters I already have play, so why bother?

16. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

tl;dr

Based on the thread title I will say yes. I stuck with my original character. I got hacked around lvl 185 while I was aiming to hit 200, then with the help of a friend who lent me all his equips, worked hard to get those last 15 lvls and get it finally to 200. I would still be playing it, upgrading his gear and using it for bossing, but obiously I returned all the gear I borrowed and my char is stripped at the moment. Since my char had already hit the lvl cap I figured It would be better choice to invest whatever I had left on my secondary main char, but it is not the same for some reasom.

edit: Forgot to mention. My main character's built is a bit screwed because of being my very first character. I leveled to lvl 11 on the way to Perion to become a warrior, and never thought it'd be a big deal, but when Nexon handed the first reset All SP scrolls, I lost 3 points SP from 4th job because I had to obligatory spend 61 points in 1st job. There were other issues like having 120 dex base and having lvl 11 slash blast because I maxed Iron Will, even my booster wasn't maxed, but those were fixed during the years I kept playing it with the usage of NX.

Although I've got to admit, it felt sort of wrong dedicating all my time to just one character when since a while ago it is possible to have a lot of them in a pretty high level with out much work.

17. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

Nope. I started in v.08 October 2005 with a level 44 assassin and quit within a month. Came back 6 years later.

I honestly love the entire thief branch so I tried them all out before settling on my db. 161 Bishop, 184 Shad, 140 hero, 110 db, 200 NL, then back to 179 db + 120 Phantom side character was my specific order.

My level 200 NL wasn't my first pre-BB character but it was still the same class, remade for base dex reasons. I didn't plan on getting it to 200 though. It was more of a "pineapple it. Level 191. Might as well then quit this."

I've liked db's playstyle the most, honestly, even after their MI fix. Plus my katara now keeps me from ever wanting to quit it.
    Last edited by Mandalay; 2012-08-19 at 02:18 PM. Reason: wrong date

18. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

Yes, since Dual Blades came out I have stuck with him ever since.

19. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

Started as a really funded shadower, the money invested wasn't paying off so I switched to a DrK in another server. I liked being an underdog haha

20. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

Yup, my Shadower sits at level 182, and will soon have its 5th Birthday.