View Poll Results: Do you feel that Nexon actually understands what you want as a player?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - And I think I have pretty typical player want/needs.

15 6.00%
  • Yes - But I think I might have different wants/needs from the average player.

9 3.60%
  • No - And I think I have pretty typical player want/needs.

113 45.20%
  • No - But I think I might have different wants/needs from the average player.

51 20.40%
  • I just don't know what they think, period.

62 24.80%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [News] Nexon Q & A Followup

1. Default Nexon Q & A Followup

Given the general aura of disappointment around Nexon's Responses to Maple News' questions submitted by us and other players, here's a very basic question for their playerbase;

Do you feel that Nexon actually understands what you want as a player?

ProTip: If you think they know, but don't think they care, that's still effectively not knowing because you have no confidence in them ever fulfilling it.

2. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

Nope, but I understand what nexon wants from me AS a player.

My money.

3. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

I feel like the things I want are the same as what the average player would want, or should want at least. Equality is a big thing for me.

Right now this is my main issue, and it seems most people agree: http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=59107

But there are a lot of little things like the Prime Minister (boss of Mushroom Kingdom) only being available once (so you can't hunt for its familiar (and that applies to several other monsters.)) Chryse only being available for a short period -- a period when you have numerous other faster leveling options so it's easy to miss that window.

Actually, on the whole things that are capped at a MAXIMUM level are kind of ridiculous at this point. The new Pyramid PQ, the Gonzo Gallery, etc. Why can't high levels take part in this stuff?

4. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

Absolutely not.
    Nexon's view on what a customer wants in the game is skewed because of their lack of a proper customer relations and where they get their ideas from. Basil and Nexon forums don't have the sharpest tools in the shed when it comes to what players want for game improvements.

5. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

I chose the first option.

Yes, they understand what the average player wants/needs...

....they just don't give it to us.

6. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

They know what we want, It's just too expensive to make us happy.

7. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

Given that they released Jett, left the duped equips in the game, made all the scrolls in the game that are worth using untradable, took out the PvP Skills, I'm going to go ahead and say that's a resounding no.

I feel like it's trying to get a slow child to grasp a concept. They seem to be trying but they're just so bad it that you can't help but feel a strong sensation of pity.

8. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

I don't even-

What's the best item we have gotten from any event so far?
    I can only think of VIP weapons and the Time Traveler Medal. Do they plan on getting them back? I don't think so.
    Every other item we got is just bunch of untradeable things that we can't transfer not even within the account.
    Dragon Glasses? Elven Glasses? Dual Mask? Job-related hats?
    And from hot times only a few empress weapons and such but those were minimal.
    How can we (non-nx users) compete?
    The only good thing they have made so far (and I'm talking KMS) it's the crafting system. We can get up to unique items but most of the times with useless potentials so it's not that great.
    People will just say:
    Just buy some NX from another player. Yeah we can actually do that, but how can we get the initial profit? How can we invest? It's so hard for a new player to begin and even more harder to stay stable within the economy.

The only way I can say we (non-nx players) can get a "decent"* damage is that we actually get GOOD rewards from quest inside the game.
    There are many ways they can achieve this:
    - Better equips as rewards from PQ. Epic pot on reveal for all of them? That would be nice and this would encourage people to actually PQ instead of just grinding 25/7 at LHC and SH.
    - Better rewards from quest. Crafting materials? Recipes? Wouldn't taht be great? We could still be abide to the random pot system from this.
    I can't think of more at this time.

There are many way they can enhace the game play FOR ANYONE not just a group of players.
    So my answer would be No - But I think I might have different wants/needs from the average player.

*By decent I mean getting a below average damage nowadays.
    Which some people consider 50% stat + 150 Atk wep.

9. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

I'm just disappointed my IGN was still misspelled.

10. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

I agree with this.

11. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

Blah, I expected a better response at the first question but we all can't think like Nexon. :/

12. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

Pretty much this, it should have been in the pool.

Nexon knows what the player base wants and even what decisions would be best for the game, but for them MapleStory is a business so they will always give priority to whatever gives them the most profit.

I hope Nexon changes its ways of managing the game from squeezing the pockets of the few players the game has to boosting the overall quality of their game in other to attract more and more players.

The only good thing to Jett is her animations because her story line sux (I know, I main one). The concept is good but there are only like... 3 freaking exclusive quests about it.... That is really lame.

13. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

They know what we want, they just don't give it to us often (if ever?).

14. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

I've never seen that interview before now. Just read it and my only response is..., "I've never seen so much bullshit in one place before."

As for the poll....either 3rd or 4th options. I chose 3rd, but some of my thoughts on possible changes could probably be considered unconventional.

15. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

Potential makes this game stupid, no point putting nx in this game unless it's for a pet or visual changes imo. Unfair advantages etc. Even if they took out that garbage and I felt like paying money on this game, character inventories. No sharing what I bough between myself? nty.

16. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

No, nor do I think that they care.

17. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

I like how people are shocked by the responses. Like they're going to say "YEAH CS GIVES AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE. DEAL WITH IT. BUY NX TODAY."

srsly.

18. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

There's a difference between inaction caused by ignorance and inaction caused by incentive.

19. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

They know. They simply don't give a sh'it.

20. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

Fixed that for you