View Poll Results: Do you feel that Nexon actually understands what you want as a player?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - And I think I have pretty typical player want/needs.

15 6.00%
  • Yes - But I think I might have different wants/needs from the average player.

9 3.60%
  • No - And I think I have pretty typical player want/needs.

113 45.20%
  • No - But I think I might have different wants/needs from the average player.

51 20.40%
  • I just don't know what they think, period.

62 24.80%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [News] Nexon Q & A Followup

1. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

Is it sad that I think the average player would want to leech from a hacker and not actually play the game?

2. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

" We wanted to create a GMS-exclusive character that hasn’t been created before."

AKA delay the pirate revamp a month or so.

"We love creating exclusive content for our Global MapleStory players, but because it takes so much time and resources, our decision to do so in the future depends on how players respond to Jett."

So..... no more exclusive GMS classes?

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I feel they do know what the average player wants: flashy skills, big damage numbers, easy leveling.
    They give it to us - for a price. And they make money, so they must be right.

They know many of us want other things as well. But they don't particularly care.

4. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: afeuicoku
    Server: Broa
    Level: 200
    Job: Lifeguard
    Guild: Deaf
    Alliance: Tartarus

Nexon America does not show enough intolerance towards people who ruin the game for others. Hackers are the biggest problem right now.

5. Mercury
    IGN: Zero Two
    Server: Everywhere
    Level: 000
    Job: Mind Control
    Guild: Dark Matter Legion
    Alliance: Dark Mind

Do not try to act like "hackers" are anything new.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

They do know we want hackers dealt with. Took them a while to realize that no matter how attractive the game is, if it's unplayable due to bugs and hackers, people won't play it. But once they realized, they started acting.
    Trouble is, they are still too lazy and too incompetent to do it right.

7. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

But the fact that they are still even now allowed to run rampant around in the game is a sign that Nexon is still incompetent enough to not fix this.

8. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

However much I dislike Potential and such, it is at least logical that they're doing it because of the money.

What I'll never understand is what they're doing with GMs. Suppose that they know players want hackers banned, and that Nexon is actually giving the honest effort (however unlikely it may be) to ban them, why would they go around and ban level 1 meso spammers that will come back in 5 mins instead of banning higher level crap at ToT/LHC/SH? You could argue that it's not hard for them to remake those hacking BaMs, which is true, but it will still require far more time than those level 1s. And if they were to ban the people who are paying the hackers for leech, that would also scare people away from buying from them and thereby killing (at least a part of) their incentive to hack in the first place.

So I'm going to go with they don't know, don't care, or unable to fulfill due to some sort of incompetence, the wishes and wants of the average Mapler.

Though on that topic, I think since they've let this go on for so long, the average Mapler who is still playing has already shifted into the grey-er areas (considering how often I see people paying BaMs to leech now).

9. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: afeuicoku
    Server: Broa
    Level: 200
    Job: Lifeguard
    Guild: Deaf
    Alliance: Tartarus

That just makes it worse.

10. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

If nexon's idea thinking that the items and benefits from various events create a balance(the most you can get is renegade level 120 stuff, at a pitiful coin rate) then they are trippin' balls. Bring back VPQ, make it an event, majorly decrease the drop rate of vip weapons, make them epic on reveal then I can say there's an alternative to slight end game weapon.keeps some traders happy since they are fully tradable as well.

11. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

There's not much to expect from this unless you expected nexon to have a 180 attitude change. Which is also stupid. Though the guild PQ answer was alittle surprising. I think im the most Butt hurt at nexon because this game has A LOT of potenial. But ill still buy my NX here and there for the non-gambling items.

12. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

I've seen so many different sides to Nexon over the years that I've just given up on trying to figure them out.

At this point, my gear is strong enough that I just treat it like a MMORPG and do what I want and ignore the rest of the game.

Of course, the only reason I can do this is because I spent months bossing, merching, and farming from profitable events going well beyond any reasonable requirements to roughly compete with NX spenders or hack funded players.

I no longer care enough to even think of recommendations for improving the game. So I picked the last option

13. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Nexon korea, not at all.

Nexon america...they know how to make great events sometimes but the fact that they like to f'uck other things up makes me think they could do LEAGUES better.

14. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

I think the events do give nice stuffs (if you work hard right now, you can get tons of Clean Slates/Chaos scrolls/AEEs, Golden Hammers), and I like this whole BigWigs thing they made; however, this game still requires you to buy a lot of NX to be decent because of the potential system. Without NX, you are stuck at Zak/HT/Normal Aswan mode, and everything with a decent pot is so expensive (in GMS) for the average player, so I didn't like their answer for the Cash Trading expansion question. That'd be what I want as a player... a way to compete with NX spenders or hack funded players working hard, bossing everyday, but since there are apparently no plans to introduce the Cash Trading System and I doubt MTS will be back, there is not much I can do about all the NX needed to be good in this game.

I also dislike their exclusive content or when they revamp their exclusive content...CWKPQ obviously needed a revamp, nebulites were NX-only, aliens's storyline sucks, Amoria revamp is....why would they remove the ring effects? And I don't like that we get nerfed KMS events/hot times, there are so many good hot times or good events that'd help the average player, but we don't get them. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they add the new level 150 equips to the Marvel Machine and we don't get a chance to get them on a Hot Time.

15. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

This is the only answer I really cared about...and they shot me right through the heart I honestly hope they reconsider and bring it back but..eh its not going to happen :/

I think that Nexon America knows what we want, they just act naive towards certain subjects. Also with whatever development team they have they cant give it to us. Since everything is from KMS I feel like they're limited with what they can do..eh. We are never going to get what we want as "average players".

16. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

I honestly think that they should just implement the cash trading system. That way average people can buy cubes from people and nexon loses no money in anyway. People who don't want to buy NX (or can't) can then, always buy what they need. And people who weren't going to buy NX will be able to get the "balance" that they're looking for without having to cave and buy from Nexon.

And if they think that Jett was an amazing piece of exclusive content, then they need to think a lot harder than that. Where are the minds who brought us the first Alien event? That was innovative and interesting while also giving a good chance to literally everyone who competed, to obtain equips that were worthwhile and fairly competitive (at the time). Not to mention the best medal in the entire game (minus the glitches that prevented some people from actually obtaining it). Like really, if it was that hard for them to make a better version of something, they could easily just copy and paste the JMS/MSEA/EVEYROTHERMAPLEVERSION's piece of CWKPQ. Make MoN's potentialable. It's not like they're that game breaking anymore and then they can add the pirate boss in there while they're at it.

Plus all their "exclusive" events are NX primary as noted by the obnoxious number of cash advertisements. How many different types of gachapoin do we have now? Besides gachapon and their "remote gachapon", we have the periodic premium chests, ice cubes, marvel scales, the wheel of fortune thing, Nebulite gachapon, chair/mount gachapon, Surprise boxes, the monster familiar booster packs, and more. When was the last event that gave non-NX users anything decent? The Evolving ring event? i think the only gachapon like event that they made available to everyone was the marvel wheels and even that required you get an NX wheel to get something other than a 60% defense scroll. Hot times are ok, especially now that they made it into a day thing so that they don't rollback their servers every hour. At least they're finally cleaning up after themselves. Though I don't understand how they have GMs online all the time, but can only ban 100 ad spammers or hackers every night.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Was a bit disappointed to see they have no plans to implement the FULL Cash Trading System.

18. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

When they nerf the potential system, that is the day I will vote yes.

19. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

They're going to continue down the aliens attacking Masteria path? Well that puts me firmly in 3 or 4 then.

Well. At least I now have another thing in this game I can add to my list of "I don't care about any updates this gets". Was there some massive wave of approval for the pineapple up that was the aliens attacking masteria that I somehow missed? How did they conclude that this was a good idea?

Oh right, they thought Jett was a good idea. Well then....

20. Default Re: Nexon Q & A Followup

Alien mobs that give 3k exp at levels 90+. That's why it's popular