Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default What do you want for Adventurer and Resistance Hyper Skills?

If we follow the conventions of the Heroes and Nova Classes, each job would get one attacking skill and two buffs with plenty of passives. However, those passive skills are all boring and are probably very predictable (e.g. Shadowers will probably get boosts to Carnival Edge, Boomerang Step and Assassinate while I/Ls would get buffs to Glacial Chain, Chain Lightning and, knowing Nexon, Blizzard too).

Anyway, these are some skills I think would be pretty interesting:

Paladin:
    Divine Judgment:
    You character generates a sword or hammer (like how Intrepid Slash does), runs and jumps into the center of the map and slashes, cutting the entirety of the map with prismatic elemental damage (i.e. Damage of all seven elements). Any monster hit by this skill loses any elemental resistances or immunities they may have and gains a weakness to all of them for 15 seconds.

Ultimate Charge:
    For 120 Seconds, you can imbue your weapon with up to four different elemental charges. Cooldown of 240 Seconds.

Captain of the Guard:
    For 120 seconds, all your party members (including you) take only 80% of damage from monsters while you take the other 20%. The damage you take is subject to all the damage reducing skills you may have. If and when your HP reaches zero while this buff is active, your entire party gains weaker versions of whatever elemental charges you had when you died. Cooldown of 300 Seconds. Of you had more than two every gets Lightning and a random one.

Night Lord:
    Starmaggedon:
    Your character generates a massive star, a la Avenger and hurls it forward. The projectile lasts for 10 seconds and can be guided by your arrow keys. It lasts for thirty seconds, at the end of which it explodes and deals fire element damage, which then creates a Purge Zone if you do not already have one active. You can explode it before the 10 seconds by hitting the Attack key. Cooldown of 20 seconds.

Maple Roulette:
    Your character impales stars in itself to reduce its maximum HP to 1. You are in Dark Sight mode and gain 100% Damage and 70% Status Resistance for the duration of the buff, which is thirty seconds. This skill tests your Luck and Avoid and your ability to bring a Bishop or Shadower. However, this is with the assumption one of your other Hyper skills boosts the dodge rate of Shadow Shifter. Cooldown of 90 seconds.

Enduring Blessing:
    Your character throws up a web of charms not unlike Frailty Curse. Within the confines of this area, your party gains 100% Ignore Defense and ignores 15% Damage from monsters. It periodically restores HP and MP and lasts for however long Purge Zone does.

Mechanic:
    Checky-Mate:
    Named after the Mechanic Instructor, Checky appears and modifies your robot so that it can reach it's full potential. For 30 Seconds, your mount transforms into a futuristic looking tank. Pressing Jump + Up Key will activate rocket booster, while pressing Jump + Jump will activate hover mode, where your mount can fly. Your attack Key will shoot rapid fire blasts like that other mech skill whose name I forgot. Cooldown of 90 seconds.

United We Stand:
    Summons either Checky in an elaborate suit of armor (imagine the Power Suit Mount but bigger and with a bear motif with claws and pomegranate), Belle appears riding Black Jack, Brighton with a blood red aura. Each of them will be summoned at a 33% Chance. At a 1% Chance you will summon Claudine or Elex. The chances that they are summoned can be increased to 10% with another Resistance in your party, 15 with two, 20 with three and 25 with four. For thirty seconds they will aid you in battle. However, if one of the instructors is summoned in your party, another resistance cannot summon the same one.

Checky uses Punch Launcher, Siege Mode (though he doesn't actually transform) and Rocket Jump.
    Brighton uses Finishing Blow and Twister Spin. His aura restores HP and MP and increases status resistance for characters near him. He can Teleport as well.
    Belle uses Wild Arrow Blast, Swipe and Blind.
    Claudine uses her own version of Assaulter and Demolition/Carnival Edge and that skill that Kaiser has with the grappling hook. She has a movement speed of 220.
    Elex uses a version of Ground Smash/Shockwave, Double Upper and Barrage. His movement speed is the slowest of the lot but he is by far the strongest of the five.

They each do damage proportional to a fifth of the person who summoned them. Elex, however, does up to a third.

Overclock:
    Pushes your machine to the limit by increasing your boss damage by 25% and your defense ignore by 100% and your Speed is increased to 200. However, you will constantly take 5% damage to your HP every four seconds. Lasts for 20 seconds with a cooldown of 90 seconds.

Next Up: Dark Knight, Marksman and Mage Classes

2. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: What do you want for Adventurer and Resistance Hyper Skills?

Uh... too many "massive skills".
    I'm not talking only about yours but if we follow what Nexon has been doing there 90% of HySkill are gonna be massive and therefore less appealing.

For Thieves jobs I would like to see a "Target Lock On" skill, you can call it whatever you can but it would be awesome that you can lock on a target gain 50~100% Damage, 90~95% evasion to all the attacks coming from the target.

For Pirates, I would LOVE to see "Bay Under Siege" skill, where you can summon Nautilus which will come from either side from the screen (left or right), it fires 3 cannon balls per attack with high % dmg, with high attack speed (RF, Hurricane, etc etc) and you can aim the cannons with the arrow keys. High amount of cooldown of course.

3. Default Re: What do you want for Adventurer and Resistance Hyper Skills?

advanced final attack for dbs and pallies pls ;_;

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

maximum anger.
    +60% damage to berserk, berzerk now turns black

acute eyes
    +20% critical

Impale wave
    +50px vertical/horizontal range increase on dark impale

Beholder Unleashed
    beholder's revenge now attacks at 800ms the same enemy as you without a need to be hit, all effects of revenge still active (healing, insta-kill chance)

Tainted Dragon
    dark version of dragon roar, 20 second cooldown, cap of 30M, roar loses 5 seconds from its cooldown

Rush Frenzy
    when rushing, the rushed monster is locked in front of you, and you keep rushing until you hit a wall, or let go of the button

5. Default Re: What do you want for Adventurer and Resistance Hyper Skills?

Paladin:

Dark Charge.

Description:
    250% damage for 400 sec, Darkness DoT: 200% Damage for 10 seconds at a 100% succes rate.
    Cooldown: 60 seconds. (Stacks with Lightning/Fire/Ice)
    Enemies take -super effective- damage regardless of resistances for as long as this charge's active.

Elemental hypermode:
    Go into hypermode by combining all elements into one single force.

Description:
    Activate all elements (Fire/Ice/Lightning/Holy) at once for 500 seconds.
    All monsters strong to any of these elements will not take any less damage.
    Cooldown: 60 seconds.

Barrier of light:
    Use the power of light to permanently increase your defensive abilities.

Permanently increases the amount of hits divine shield takes to 20, decreases damage taken by 20%.
    (Stacks with Achilles).

Note:Changes Divine shield's animation to a golden see-through armor of light around your character.

Hyper Blast.

When sword equiped: Thrusts your sword with great power into a monster hitting it with immense power shattering its bones.
    When blunt weapon equiped: Pounts your Blunt weapon with brute force into a monster hitting it with immense power shattering its bones.

Description:
    2000% Damage.
    20% extra damage when used on bosses.
    100% Crit rate, 50% chance to ignore def.
    50% chance to 1 hit KO regular mobs.
    Max damage: 9,999,999,999.
    Max enemies hit: 1.

Edit: @ShinkuDragon; I like your ideas.

6. Donator Straight Male
    panama

thanks, i think your hyper blast's a bit op though... mainly because of the max damage lol

something i'd like to see on dark charge btw: "enemy takes -super effective- damage regardless of resistances for as long as this charge's actuve.

7. Default Re: What do you want for Adventurer and Resistance Hyper Skills?

Ohh that's a good idea.
    And the reason why I made it 9,999,999,999 is because i'd like to see it being 1 hit instead of being 10 hits or something.
    + unlike most other hyper skills that hit 10 mobs this only hits 1 but yeah I get what you mean.

8. Default Re: What do you want for Adventurer and Resistance Hyper Skills?

Well, for Aran, Evan and Mercedes the skills are actually usable, which is why I'm trying to make my attack skills interesting.

To continue:

Dark Knight:
    Curse of Beholder: Allows the dark warrior Beholder to take control of your body. Your skin turns a shade of dark purple while dark clouds swirl around your characters feet, cancelling an NX or regular effects your character my have. Your eyes take the same form as Beholder's while your face, eye and ear accessories all disappear so that the eyes are visible. Your HP is increased by 40% and you will no longer become immune to damage after you've been attacked. However, Every time you attack or receive any amount of damage, you will gain 1% Attack and 2% Critical Rate. Lasts for 60 Seconds with a cool down of 180 seconds.

Legend of Beholder: Allows you to stand on Beholder's legendary dark dragon (after all, he was a Dragon Knight, right?). Your speed becomes 200 and your Boss Damage increases by 15%. Pressing the Dragon Roar key allows your dragon to roar, shaking the screen and doing damage while stunning monsters for 4 seconds while also reducing their defense by -10. Roar has a cooldown of 10 seconds. The dragon lasts for 30 seconds and has a cooldown of 90 seconds.

Dragon Lancer:
    Pressing this key allows you to point your weapon forward, ready to impale the enemy on it. Pressing the attack key will cause your character to thrust it and hit up to four monsters. Hold it down to unleash an barrage of attacks a la Hurricane.

Marksman:
    Thrill of the Hunt: Your character's hitbox disappears entirely as you take cover in favor of a advantageous sniping spot. Your character will become semi transparent and a comical looking leafy helmet.. Also your critical rate is increased by 15% and your minimum critical damage goes up by 15%. Lasts for 20 seconds with an 80 second cooldown/

Eyes of the Eagle: Your cursor becomes a cross hair and allows you to select a monster on the map. Both you and your summon will focus your attacks on this monster. This also increases you ignore defense by 20% and your range by 200. This debuff lasts for 20 seconds while it has a cooldown of 40 seconds.

Spirit Synchronization: Frostprey
    Your frostprey and you become one in the same. Your attacks all become Ice-element and whenever you strike a monster their elemental resistance to ice is removed and replaced with an equivalent weakness. Pressing the attack key allows you fire a massive blue bird shaped projectile you can control with your attack key. Hold the Blizzard key, then use your Mouse to draw a line and the arrow you fire will follow that path and hit any monsters in the way.
    Last edited by McAwesomesauce; 2012-08-18 at 07:53 PM.

9. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Paladins
    Amplification: Passive buff, reduces monsters' elemental resistance by one level when attacking. (i.e. a neutral monster takes damage as though it were weak to an element, a resistant monster takes damage as though it were neutral, etc.)

Overcharged Blow: Costs 50mp. Attacks for 900% on up to 8 enemies, +15% bonus crit rate, ignores 20% defense. Max damage +2,000,000.

Ultimate Shield: A toggle buff that costs 100mp to cast. Total damage -75% (i.e. 75% of the player's range is take out), damage taken -90%, hp +50%, all damage dealt to party members is redirected to the Paladin using this buff. If more than one Paladin in the party is using this buff, then the damage is distributed evenly among them.

10. Default Re: What do you want for Adventurer and Resistance Hyper Skills?

What's the point of reducing a Paladin's already lackluster damage range?

11. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

I don't know, I just didn't think making them take less damage and giving them more health for no real trade-off seemed OP when they were already nearly invincible. Besides, I put it there as a toggle skill so that it could be switched on and off at will. If the skill isn't given an animation, then it could be used without a delay, meaning a good Paladin would be one that can predict what bosses are about to do based on animations and switch the buff on and off accordingly.

12. Donator Straight Male
    panama

ignoring all the lag i get when playing, i've always wanted to see something like this in a class, like a "parry" skill.

13. Default Re: What do you want for Adventurer and Resistance Hyper Skills?

I wouldn't mind parrying if it only worked on those stupid undodgeable skills. That way the game requires people to pay attention; you'd either have to parry, dodge or some other third thing.

14. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

For Heroes

15. Default Re: What do you want for Adventurer and Resistance Hyper Skills?

A giant maple leaf made of swords is actually pretty overdue for MapleStory. Especially with stupid things like lasers everywhere.

16. Default Re: What do you want for Adventurer and Resistance Hyper Skills?

For buccaneers, I kind of want a hurricane punch skill just because large ultimates aren't really needed by them ever. Sure it'd make octopunch obsolete, but unlimited punches would be cooler than anything.

17. Default Re: What do you want for Adventurer and Resistance Hyper Skills?

What if they gained other fighting techniques? They use their knuckles, they could use boxing techniques and other kinds of punches like hooks and uppercuts or they could throw kicks in there, too.

18. Default Re: What do you want for Adventurer and Resistance Hyper Skills?

Cuz then we'd have an old buccaneer and we all know nexon wouldn't want that. They need more lasers and shiny things like ultimates falling from teh sky

19. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Bird mount pl0x

20. Default Re: What do you want for Adventurer and Resistance Hyper Skills?

bishop:
    passives:
    hs +10% exp|20% drop|10% status
    shining ray 30% pdr|30%dmg|range increase
    angels ray 30%pdr|30% dmg|range increase
    (note: sr or hs can be replaced with holy shell 10 sec time increase|10% status|10%elemental resis and one of 3rd job have to replaced with genesis cause only 1 3rd job hyper skill can be, so it will be genesis 20% CD decrease|20% dmg increase|attack count to 4 dmg 50% decrease)
    actives:
    shining restoration-100% stance, 30% dmg, 100% crit for 30 sec cd of 90 sec.
    last judgement-900%x7 to 15 mobs, max dmg of 10m
    adventurers oath-same as heros