Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: It's a MapleWorld WORLD! - GMs In Action

"If you have any further questions, comment below"

Top comment is "GMs, WHY DON'T YOU BLOCK THEIR IP ADDRESS TOO ?"

Do people just fail to realize how easy it is for anyone to change their IP address?

2. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Default Re: It's a MapleWorld WORLD! - GMs In Action

presuming those are 10-15 year olds they probably don't.

3. Default Re: It's a MapleWorld WORLD! - GMs In Action

The thing is that they admit that the system cannot be too strict, else you risk having legitimate players banned, however the system is currently too strict.

This is how false bans (For the most part anyway) and minor disconnects occur. The player is doing something that is normal, but the system recognizes it as too similar to botter/hacker-like behavior. What he said is true in that there are some situations where you're playing legitimately but the system thinks you're botting/hacking. In other words it's having trouble differentiating between your skill (Or ''skill'') and what is actually illegitimate.

Some skills in the game make it hard for the system to properly identify whether this is legitimate or not, and simply lagging in certain situations can sometimes trigger the system falsely.

4. Default Re: It's a MapleWorld WORLD! - GMs In Action

So, I haven't said it for a long time.. but I think it's time to do it again.

DERP

5. Electron Straight Male
    IGN: WolfpackHero
    Server: KradiaGMS
    Level: 19x
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Allure
    Alliance: Prestige
    Washington

Wow Nexon being transparent about.... hacking of all things?
    About the system not differentiating between hack and player, I always get "disconnected by GM Police for the HACK reason" while using the skill Body Pressure, but never banned. Thank god though, if I was auto-banned for because of Body Pressure + lag, Nexon would hear all hell.

6. Default Re: It's a MapleWorld WORLD! - GMs In Action

Yes?

7. Default Re: It's a MapleWorld WORLD! - GMs In Action

I like how you're going to pin me as technologically retarded until the end of time because I tried offering a constructive alternative to your witch hunt. Too bad there's no pomegranate button.

EDIT: Now there is a pomegranate button! Thank you, based Eos~
    Last edited by FabledGumbo; 2012-09-14 at 10:31 PM.

8. Default Re: It's a MapleWorld WORLD! - GMs In Action

For it to be constructive it would've had to be have been a realistic/feasible/effective solution, which is it is not.

The entire point of the question was whether it's a common misconception. Using you, the latest person here to demonstrate it, as evidence of that commonality, is no where near as insulting as you seem to want to take it. The only implication was that, yes, people do fail fail to realize how easy it is to change an IP address. Scathing, I know.

9. Default Re: It's a MapleWorld WORLD! - GMs In Action

I later admitted that it obviously wasn't proving effective in your case. Of course it's not hard to change enough things around to evade a ban, but that doesn't mean that every person is going to repeatedly change multiple things every time for the sake of evading a ban. I still don't think you've admitted that this whole moderator approval thing is solely in place to prevent sushi from posting, though.

10. Default Re: It's a MapleWorld WORLD! - GMs In Action

I like this vid. I look forwards to many more to come!

11. Default Re: It's a MapleWorld WORLD! - GMs In Action

I don't care how much pomegranate you guys say about this. I love how they are being transparent now and are actually banning a lot of the hackers. They are finally doing something about the problems and all you guys can do is complain!

12. Default Re: It's a MapleWorld WORLD! - GMs In Action

Actually all they did here is tell us the exact same stuff they've told us from day one (plus a few additional tweaks such as the limits on reporting). None of this actually proves they're doing it more, enough, sufficiently, or plan to step it up. Saying they're doing something about the problem is not in fact doing something about the problem.

13. Default Re: It's a MapleWorld WORLD! - GMs In Action

I'm happy about this. Yeah, it's a bit cheesy (intentionally, I believe) but when you consider the target audience it's appropriate. (Somehow, though, I was expecting the guy to disappear after putting on his hat at the end.)

About the actual GMs, well, hacking has been a problem in this game for such an incredibly long time that there is going to be a lot of cynicism regarding the new behavior. It's going to have to get better, and stay better, for a long time before people will stop complaining. I'd say the complaints are justified, particularly because we've seen previous attempts to "clean up" the game -- attempts that fizzled out after a few weeks or months.

14. Default Re: It's a MapleWorld WORLD! - GMs In Action

Interesting. Would pay money to see livestream of GMs in action.

15. Default Re: It's a MapleWorld WORLD! - GMs In Action

I disagree. While stating the problem is, in fact, not doing something about the problem as you've said, it is a good place to start. And if what had happened to Scania in the past SC/update is any indication (a few Empress hackers got perma'd), I'd say they are getting a good start. Additionally, many of us just want Nexon to actually communicate with their customer base, which is also a purpose that this video serves. So, I do think that this video is meaningful, and that they are (at least starting to) trying to improve the hacker situation (more so than they had been for a couple of years).

16. Default Re: It's a MapleWorld WORLD! - GMs In Action

Why did they even advertise their in-game report system? I reported so many times but almost none at all got banned.

17. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

it's pure theory, but i'm betting they work by number of reports a person has, so by advertising it, they hope people use it.

18. Default Re: It's a MapleWorld WORLD! - GMs In Action

Like they stated it doesnt automatically ban people. It just sends them a report which I'm sure is flooded with false claims..(also stated) I think the the report system should just be removed, unless they get more man power and are able to handle the flood of reports coming in to actually check them out.

Oh well..we have seen a huge change in the direction they are going with bugs / hacking and I'm very pleased at their progress... I just hope they keep going.

19. Default Re: It's a MapleWorld WORLD! - GMs In Action

Well there was this hacker in LHC who was changing channels and ksing every channels. I'm sure he received tons of reports, but GMs just didn't care. He was still doing the same thing 10 hours later.

I just hope Nexon really improves their bannings of hackers.

20. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Well they did ban that one hacker in the video. One less hacker to ban now, right?