Colorado

Default Re: The first Magnus defeat in Normal Mode

Hard Mode -> 20 Deaths -> IMPOSSIBLE MODE

2. Default Re: The first Magnus defeat in Normal Mode

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=59084

if you want to know more about him hard mode update also added he is hard

3. Default Re: The first Magnus defeat in Normal Mode

I just watched the Hard Mode video.

I'm not sure what I should blame poor design on, the game its self, or Magnus' mechanics.

But this certainly can't be a good thing. If Magnus is the boss before the Black Mage..... (Hey Wizet. Remember Orchid and Lotus?) what the hell is the Black Mage going to do?!

4. Default Re: The first Magnus defeat in Normal Mode

Total noob at the controls there...

So much NX to cover up with high dps for the noob controls...

Such terrible boss design...

So little Maplestory...

Realizing this -is- still Maplestory...

5. Default Re: The first Magnus defeat in Normal Mode

Inb4 Black Mage does 5k per second for being in the map.

6. Default Re: The first Magnus defeat in Normal Mode

Wonders if the angelic burster is played by other players like devil who can say avoid those rocks and hit magnus at the same time, and say there are 6 angelic burster like him, who can avoid all the bombardment = 0 deaths. Wont hard mode be child's play? Assuming average control, 'non noob' and able to avoid all the falling rocks = 0 deaths. I believe with sufficient practise, it will be child's play?

However, what about those jobs like mercedes,mechanics and whatever, where they have to shoot dodge and redodge, resulting in 'time out' ?

7. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

ok, someone tell me why this is bad design? honestly, we got DPS races with CPB and empress already, and this is a 2-D game, WHAT ELSE can you do to make a boss hard in this game than adding pomegranatetons of life?

honestly, i like what they did with magnus, a lot. the fact you have to worry more about the stage hazards than him make it an interesting boss fight and something new to look forward too.

8. Default Re: The first Magnus defeat in Normal Mode

................... there seem to be a new type of def nexon added ... Map that can decrease player dmg .... and it cant be ignore ..... this is the a first i believe
    in magnus map u will feel a huge diff on ur dmg it doesnt matter if u got 100% pdr or not when vsing normal mode and hard mode u will c ur dmg get cut by huge amount

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=59084

9. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

What I mean is, once you hit the 20 death mark, the fight goes from "Hard Mode" to "Impossible Mode", because of the ridiculous amount of stuff falling.
    Good pineappleing luck ever trying to kill him in that "Mode".

10. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

uh you revive in map so i dont see how that matters when you can revive infinite times

11. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Combobro
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 230
    Job: Aran
    Guild: SolarWinds
    Alliance: Dominion
    Arizona

He gets harder the more times you die, and if your busy being dead the whole time, the timer will run out.

12. Default Re: The first Magnus defeat in Normal Mode

Death count and timer. Not to mention dieing is annoying.

13. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

yea die then re-spawn spam atks/hyper skills whenever they get it, its not THAT hard

14. Default Re: The first Magnus defeat in Normal Mode

There's a difference between potion cooldown and excessive potion cooldown. Anytime potion cooldown exists in MS, it's what...30 seconds to a minute? That's a tad much. The only games that can pull off minute potion cooldowns are games where the monsters don't do 50%+ of your HP in a single hit. Any time Maple has something with Potion Cooldown it becomes a game of cat and mouse for 90% of the cooldown because you don't want to die, and getting hit twice equals death on a lot of characters at big bosses.

I agree for the most part, but having stage hazards that cause insta-death are retarded.

Insta-death anything is retarded.

15. Donator Straight Male
    panama

normally, i'd agree that insta-death is retarded, but considering you can slap a bishop and have it just spam heal, it HAS to have instadeath, otherwise it would be a DPSrace+bishop anyways.

do note though, insta-death irks me as much as you, warrior+aswan OHKO is not nice.

16. Default Re: The first Magnus defeat in Normal Mode

They could just as easily add a cooldown to Heal as they do to Potions (Though hopefully reduced, maybe 5 seconds would be fine).

In the same light as other MMOs, Healers either cannot heal the entire party, have a cast time for their healing, or have a cooldown for the better healing. None of those are present on Bishops, so having a small cooldown on Heal would not be the end of the world.

17. Donator Straight Male
    panama

i thought about that too, my main issue is... i don't want nexon messing with THAT kind of stuff, however thinking for a moment they managed it without a hitch on PVP, so i guess they could make it work. (adding skill CD just to a specific map)

18. Default Re: The first Magnus defeat in Normal Mode

After playing TERA for a while, I'd say that in a game where you can actually dodge or block reliably, monsters that can 1-2 shot are not that big of a deal. And endgame in TERA is full of those. I'll say again, potion cooldowns should be in MS, but only if they fix a few core mechanics with collision detection and hitboxes.

19. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Thats why we have this nice(annoying) status called zombify.

I also hate ohko bazooka takes too long on my cannoneer.

20. Default Re: The first Magnus defeat in Normal Mode

Name some. Every PnC MMO I've played does not let you spam the potion hotkey. Usually has a 10-30 second CD for the HoT potions. The insta heal pots have like a 60sec CD.