Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Magnus

1. Default Re: Magnus

I finally sat down and watched the whole thing, in hopes he would offer some tips. Sadly, he barely said anything.

The only tips I pulled out of his commentary was:
    "Never stay in the corner. It's way too dangerous."
    "Revive now. It's time." (to be able to immediately use his Hyper Skill)
    @7:33: This is the perfect time to use [insert skill name here because I can't hear it too well]

The end is him saying "Time to equip our accessories. Woops. Equipped a wrong item. Let's just die once. Crap. Too dangerous. pineapple it. Killing him now."

The rest of it was just entertaininng jabs ("Where'd you go? Play with me, Magnus.")

2. Default Re: Magnus

Too bad he doesn't speak English. That sounds so entertaining to listen to, lmao.

3. Default Re: Magnus

I think he does know how to speak English actually. He even says "Relax, baby" at one point but with the way he spoke it, I would guess that he is most likely a high school student in Korea (when they start learning English in most schools).

4. Default Re: Magnus

@Mandalay he's a college student that majors in something related to video games.. but yeah his English is good considering that most Koreans inside Korea can't speak Korean at all :(

5. Default Re: Magnus

Sad news for you Magnus normal mode runners out there (including myself), they gave us all of the buffed versions of attacks that the unlimited patch currently gave Magnus, and none of the nerfs. All of his swings now sends you flying, but his green doppleganger attack still comes instantly and even more treacherous than before.

Nexon Worker1: "Sir there are hackers using hacks to kill Magnus in our game."
    Nexon Worker2: "Oh NO! WHAT DO WE DO?!
    Nexon Worker3: "I know! Lets make Magnus harder, that'll discourage them from hacking!"
    Nexon Worker2: "Great idea! This'll solve all our problems!"

Anyone that struggled before will find it impossible now. I also no longer think its possible to kill Hard mode legitly solo no more especially since we got nerfed AB and a buffed magnus (what are they even thinking?).

edit: Since I don't want to double post, for strategies for those of you that still want to try and kill him, stay as far away from him as possible. His swings are too annoying, his rush attacks can be dampened out by running in the opposite direction hes facing. The swings you want to avoid as much as possible, 1 of those can screw you over eternally. My biggest issue is really when it hes at the last barrier field and 2nd from the last barrier field change. At that point, too many orbs come falling down and you have very little room to run anywhere without being sent flying. Or sent flying into the same orb you just dodged =_=. I haven't had any luck killing him just yet with the new changes, I start dying 15+ times between the last and 2nd to the last stages.
    Last edited by ultimax21; 2013-01-09 at 09:02 PM.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Magnus

Wow, that discourages me even more to not even bother trying to kill Magnus now.

7. Default Re: Magnus

Looks like Nexon put a little more unlimited patch data than they thought.... bunch of derps.

8. Default Re: Magnus

"It's less risk of death if you stand at the very edge of the blue area."

The long delays in reviving are due to them waiting on their Hyper skill cooldowns to be off, the skill that binds Magnus, or both.
    The long delays in reviving at the end of the video (@~16:56), they are waiting for an opening in the meteors and warning the person who revives of when Magnus is about to do his purple beam move.

"There's seriously no Tyrant equips?"
    "Nope, not a single Tyrant. It's all Nova."

Bonus quips: "This is all Nexon's misdoings. It's their fault." (referring to how frustrating Magnus is)
    Poking fun at how Kaiser's Hyper Skill covers everything and you can't see pomegranate.
    "Yes, Magnus, come here." "Wait, no, why are you going over there?"
    "Let's take a picture! Come here!"
    Last edited by Mandalay; 2013-01-12 at 10:45 PM. Reason: sat down and watched it in full

9. Default Re: Magnus

Since the marvel machine event is about to end, how long do you guys think it will be until people are able to kill hard mode and start selling tyrant equips?

10. Default Re: Magnus

Apparently Magnus doesn't drop capes anymore from what I hear.

11. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Hilarious. "Gotta get em coins bros. BUT OH WAIT YOU'RE A HACKER NO MATTER WHAT -ban-"

12. Default Re: Magnus

Our AB is better than KMS's because Soul Shooter sends out 4 projectiles instead of 2. Not sure what you mean.

13. Default Re: Magnus

Ignore this.
    Last edited by Viener; 2013-01-16 at 09:59 AM. Reason: I'm dumb.

14. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Wait so because the overall skill set is weaker but the one skill that provided the vast majority of the classes DPS (regardless of version number) is now buff as f'uck the class was nerfed?

15. Default Re: Magnus

That's irrelevant.. Unless the other skills on the KMS AB make their Chasers do twice as much damage (they don't, by the way), their AB is weaker as a general rule. Any AB in GMS worth their salt knows that Soul Chaser is ridiculously strong and it's pretty much all they use to train/boss, apart from cooldown-based skills (like Finale Ribbon, Tornado thingy, etc). My level 200 AB friend only uses the Mirror thing when he has too many orbs bouncing around the map or when Chaser goes on cooldown, not as a primary DPS tool. Same goes for Trinity.

The sheer amount of orbs you can summon at once can actually cause you to dc for "the HACK reason". :r

16. Default Re: Magnus

Regardless of the point, I'd like to see it done. I can say I'm weaksauce even tho I pop myself over 1mil damage but what you know what, I still can't even kill normal mode. If I'm having this much trouble now and barely any trouble at all before, I don't expect a AB to do much better than I did. Unless you're going to bring up the topic on stat resist pots, but who in the right mind would waste it on him?

Also bare in mind you go on talking about KMS, but KMS "had" a stronger version than ours that we have now. They nerfed it in later patches, possibly going to happen to us too for all I know but nerfed means nerfed. Theirs originally did 4 lines of damage and changed into 2, keep your facts straight at least.

17. Default Re: Magnus

Ignore me. I wasn't thinking straight. I apologize for my idiocy. I barely touched a fourth job AB and left it there so eh.