IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Magnus

Seriously, the ONE thing I hate about Magnus is how he can constantly spam his "Rush" skill. There's literally no way to avoid it cause even two FJs still gets you hit by the attack, and his delay between skills is too short for the 5sec pot CD to even matter. It's like you have to hug him just so he does his "Whirlwind Sword" attack.

2. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: SeeMeTwice
    Server: Scania
    Job: Band of Thieves
    Guild: Perpetual ~ Nocti
    Farm: Wisteria ~ Mississippi
    Mississippi

The only thing I think is completely ridiculous is the green pop up thing... It's not even a challenge because it's almost always impossible to dodge.
    Rebuffing is also a pain, especially when some of my buffs take absurdly long times to cast, so even if a ball falls from the very top after I start buffing, it still kills me.
    As a DB, FC is a HUGE part of my DPM, so any area where I'm killed a lot takes my buffs away, and is frustrating to not get FCs full time. Magnus is even worse because I can almost never FC without getting hit on charge or release and just loosing the buff altogether.

Other than those things, I think Magnus is a fun challenge.
    The balls and zonal system make positioning 100% important and are fun to me. I just hate when the balls randomly fall really fast sometimes, or when you get boxed in and can't dodge anywhere.
    Magnus jump attacks are easy to dodge, and his spin/rush moves make my pet autopot so it's like I take no damage.
    Sleeping gas should be more noticeable, but I guess that's the challenge.

I feel like a boss this difficult should be less of a DPS race, though. I wait for the day when Nexon releases a boss that is incredibly hard gameplay wise, and either not so buffed HP wise, or even a new mechanic where all classes do similar damage. Idk.

3. Default Re: Magnus

After about 100 failed solo attempts I've decided the only difficult part is the last "phase" where the zone is the smallest and the balls fall ridiculously. Hitting 500-600k max with a Merc, that hp is no problem - it's just that I rarely have an opportunity to attack him. I'm either dodging one of his slow OHKO moves (standing under him for the purple lasers is a bad idea - too many balls), dodging the bajillion balls, or dying to his green attack.

At that point it becomes a DPS race. With a very limited attacking window, being able to dish out as much damage as possible seems the only way to kill him.

4. Donator Male
    IGN: LnFearNFaith
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 20x
    Job: Loladin/LolDrK
    Guild: Irresistible
    Farm: Amerish
    New_York

If you're not all up in his face and you notice it early enough you can FJ away and then do a rush right after that to dodge it. Its hard to do a lot of the time but i have avoided it a few times.

The green thing is just annoying, especially since most of the time when he is about to do it he webs you so you cant rush away which is my only way to dodge them quick enough

5. Default Re: Magnus

I swear to god if I lose one more time with <5% hp and 10+ deaths because of that god damn green attack or the slow, I'm going to lose my collective pomegranate.
    The only other time I've ever been this frustrated at Maple is when there was HT police and mass DC hacking

6. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

At least you can deal more than 5% HP in the first place.

Cannoneers aren't f'ucking designed to be close ranged little s'hits like kaiser without the avoidability that you do. Stand back, spam laser. THAT'S IT.

7. Default Re: Magnus

Concerning this video here, something seems REALLY off. Why don't I ever see zomibify or the slow curse thing? Also, the resist pot is being used up there, when a friend of mines tested it turns off right when you die. Is this another feature our version is messed up on? Our Magnus has 100% proc debuffs, that video makes it seem like you can resist the debuffs, I know you can resist on Lum 3 times, but THAT often? It just doesn't seem right.

8. Default Re: Magnus

Magnus shows in what direction this game is heading. Going with a party you will be bound to hit the 20 death limit fast and going solo is only for the well funded. What a bullpomegranate.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

My Kaiser has 7x% Resist and he "resists" the debuffs quite often. Never personally tried with a resist pot, but I wouldn't doubt my Kaiser to have 100% resistance until he dies and the effect "turns off" as you put it.

10. Default Re: Magnus

My phantom sits at 88% resist on buffs alone without resist pots, I guess I'll double check the resist thing again tomorrow. Extractions stated he has 100% proc chance, I thought it was the same as CPB and Hilla.

11. Default Re: Magnus

Ey yo, so Magnus is a bull pomegranate boss. Does anybody know if the Cursed Kaiserium drops from Normal Magnus so I can maybe piggyback my Kaiser on a nice enough party or a well funded soloer?

12. Default Re: Magnus

Nexon sells the "Buff Gem's" because of that

"Buy some nx today!"

13. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: SeeMeTwice
    Job: Band of Thieves
    Guild: Perpetual ~ Nocti
    Farm: Wisteria ~ Mississippi
    Mississippi

Those things for pets? I've already convinced myself to buy one once they come back out T>T
    They also have those respawn with your buffs things.. Nexon y so perfectly greedy..?

14. GLADIGATORS
    usa

They so cheap though it might be worth it

15. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

*slaps*

hold on dude, don't go there, don't you DARE go there on me!

16. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Default Magnus

Pfffffffffffft

Maybe if, you know, magnus were equally worth it and i could do more than 10% of his hp in the first place. But even then, f'uck that

17. Default Re: Magnus

Shall confirm that stat resist works wonderfully here, turned on my resist buff and he barely had anything on me. However, casting the buffs slows me down and makes me have more hp to heal =_=. Not so bad for me now I guess, I can do this easier without worrying about zombifiy and the curse slow movement all the time. Thanks for the heads up, I cut down on buffs so much I didn't realize resist buffs would even work in there.

18. Default Re: Magnus

Buff freezers are a waste of nx. When I die in Magnus all of my buffs go away and I don't have a chance to respawn with them.

19. Default Re: Magnus

Pfft. I swear it's impossible for me to go 10 seconds of damaging without death.

And then my buffs take FOREVER to go through with. And I really need Admiral's Wings and Crossbones.

God damn it Magnus.

20. Default Re: Magnus

^Jump and buff to get that movement in, I'm sure I have more buffs than you to cast, just that I cut off at least half of them in there. Cast all main essentials and drop skills like willow defense.