Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default UK Threatens to Attack Ecuador Embassy to Capture Assange

Things summed up & some background info:

Spoiler

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012...embassy-asylum

Wow, I thought Britain would respect international laws. Their threat almost sounds like something only countries like Iran or Syria would do.

2. Default Re: UK Threatens to Attack Ecuador Embassy to Capture Assange

Ecuador, really? Why on earth would you seek asylum from pineappleing Ecuador, lmfao.

3. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

Default Re: UK Threatens to Attack Ecuador Embassy to Capture Assange

Ehm... What's wrong with you?

The guy is trying to run away from literally half of the world. He might have a close familiar from Ecuador, or even born there, and even if not, he took his chances for an asylum.

Tell me, what is wrong with seeking asylum from Ecuador?

4. Default Re: UK Threatens to Attack Ecuador Embassy to Capture Assange

There are more powerful countries one could seek asylum from.

5. Default Re: UK Threatens to Attack Ecuador Embassy to Capture Assange

I honestly don't see why they are protecting him. Yes, he leaked classified documents (Which is an offense in the US) and none of it did any actual harm or caused any deaths, but at the same time he didn't end any "corruption" or expose anything serious (Aside from the incident with the Reuters reporters, pomegranate happens in war). Did his leaking of the documents help the people in any way? No. Did we benefit anything from the leaks of those documents?
    "But we learned the truth!" What pineappleing truth? War logs? Operation files? How the hell does that help any one of us.

No. When it comes to intelligence, a leak is a leak, regardless of harm (Bradley Manning is a dumbass and deserves everything he's about to get. He broke the law. Period. He isn't some hero and if you think he is you're just a stupid as he is. Not to mention he plays the gender confusioin/gay card as a defense) Assange pineappleed with the wrong people. It's that simple. And now, he's about to get "The business".

6. Default Re: UK Threatens to Attack Ecuador Embassy to Capture Assange

My thoughts are that some information is classified because it would hurt those that are hiding it, but other information is classified because it would hurt the people reading it, and some information is classified for the security of a country and the people protecting it; what he leaked was the latter two. Some information needs to be leaked, because it exposes corruption and can cause a much needed "standard" to gather behind to form. Other information is hidden because they are actually thinking in our best interest, and if we knew some of the pomegranate that they do we would all be paranoid as pineapple over every little thing that happens in life. Also, it's not a very good idea to leak military documentation that you haven't even read first to make sure it doesn't contain future military operations, and it's already been stated that none of it was gone over beforehand.

That entire paragraph feels grammatically incorrect/awkward in some way, and it's going to bug me all day, but you get the idea I hope. I don't think we should kill him over it, but he certainly should not be a free man.

7. Default Re: UK Threatens to Attack Ecuador Embassy to Capture Assange

I don't think he specifically supports the death penalty, and I didn't see much of a threat in their response. According to the other side of the coin, by international law they can arrest him in the embassy, there's no "We're going to hurt you if you don't give it to me".

8. Default Re: UK Threatens to Attack Ecuador Embassy to Capture Assange

The only thing leaked, even remotely close to some semblance of corruption was the accidental killing of the reporters. They should of never swept it under the rug. Civilian casualties happen, but they should of came clean instead of trying to hide it. As for the rest of the stuff, there was no corruption. It was all logs, and messages, etc. If it was something crazy corrupt and that could change things, go ahead and leak it. But the information that was leaked didn't do anything but piss off the US. It's likes he deliberately wants to screw with us for no reason. Also, I don't think he should die at all, but I do think he needs to be arrested.

What pisses me off is that people paint Assange as some hero.They say he exposes truth, but what has he really exposed? Just operation logs, records, strategies and pomegranate that does not benefit the public in any way. If it was something like "US deliberately infected people with AIDS for tests" then I could understand, but this is nowhere near close.

9. Default Re: UK Threatens to Attack Ecuador Embassy to Capture Assange

I don't think he's necessarily a bad person, he just has a misguided sense of justice or something. Not a hero though, yeah.

10. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    finland

US hid this,

I find it damn gullible to think that what has been leaked so far is all that US is hiding in their "secret" files. Or some other country. Bradley Manning is sitting in jail right now, for exposing the truth that elements in US government tried to hide. Manning should not be sitting there, those soldiers who killed innocent civilians should. Winners write history, but in reality both sides tend to make war crimes.

11. Default Re: UK Threatens to Attack Ecuador Embassy to Capture Assange

...Like your own country for example? It was an isolated incident, if you can name one "crime" in a decade war I would consider that common sense.

12. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    finland

Like Finland for example. In fact its well known that they are hiding, what's called Tiitinen's List and I'm sure that's not it all.

I'm not against any particular country as a whole, but I'm against corruption and protecting murderers of innocent people.

13. Default Re: UK Threatens to Attack Ecuador Embassy to Capture Assange

I already mentioned the video. Yes, they should of just come clean instead of sweeping it under the rug. If you actually read the facts about the incident then you would understand why it happened. Lack of info and intel can get people killed. Those reporters didn't let any of us know they would be there, in an area known for enemy activity. Not to mention they weren't wearing anything to identify them as members of the press. And some of the people traveling with them were armed. The pilots acted according to protocol. At the time we didn't know they were civilians. Yes, a mistake was made that costed lives, but that's just a sad fact of war. People are making it seem like the killed them in cold blood "BWaha, civilians, lets kill them". It was an accident. pomegranate happens. They should of never hid it.

As for Bradley Manning, he's sitting in jail because he's a monumental dumbass and broke the law and violated the Uniformed Code of Military Justice. Let's say he never leaked the documents, but still copied and such He still would of gone to jail. Here in the Army (Yes, I am a soldier, you're not) we take security seriously, even if it's just grandma's cupcake recipe on a secret network. He accessed a secret network, use unauthorized software on that network (those charges alone can get all your rank taken away and possibly discharged from the military and your security clearance revoked). Then he used the software to illegally copy software to an external storage media ( which is another charge) and then leaked it. Don't try to make this "He exposed the truth about, blah blah blah" He deliberately committed (he thought about it, knew the consequences and still went ahead and did it) a crime. And he deserves jail time and he SHOULD be sitting there. If you still think he's some sort of hero, then, as I said before, you're just as stupid as he is. Get the facts straight and get off that bandwagon.

Oh and by the way, the term "Secret" is used as a classification label (Confidential, Secret, Top Secret) used to protect information from being used to endanger or damage national security. Everyone and their mothers know there are files on there.

14. Default Re: UK Threatens to Attack Ecuador Embassy to Capture Assange

Thanks for clarifying that, I was researching what happened in the video and looks like that information was accurate lol

15. Default Re: UK Threatens to Attack Ecuador Embassy to Capture Assange

Things like this happen. Yes it's terrible, but people act like we're deliberately going around killing people. They honestly did not know. They acted on the information they had at the time and unfortunately they were wrong. Is it murder? No. You can't really blame them. It's war. If you've never been to it, then it's almost next to impossible to understand.

Murder is the unlawful killing, with malice aforethought, of another human usually innocent and not out of self defense. Again, it's a warzone and they didn't know they were civilians. They thought they were insurgents, go to war and you'll see what I'm talking about. You don't know anything about war, and it's very obvious since you keep chanting "Murder". Stop listening to the news and go look at the facts.