Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [JMS] JMS v302 - Kanna

1. Default Re: JMS v302 - Kanna

Because Kanna is fa(n)bulous it must be pink of course!

2. Default Re: JMS v302 - Kanna

I love how they used colors and different animations this time! Even though Hayato might be fun to play with, it's kinda boring looking.

3. Default Re: JMS v302 - Kanna

Those aren't cards, they're charms.

4. Default Re: JMS v302 - Kanna

It's a recipe for one of jMS's exclusive Level 150 equips, all of those recipes look like that.

5. Default Re: JMS v302 - Kanna

Mage? For some reason I thought this class was a warrior. I have no idea why though; mage actually makes more sense.

6. Default Re: JMS v302 - Kanna

I came to JMS to try out Kanna, but Hayato is so damn fun. I don't even like melee classes so didn't think he'd interest me, but he's awesome. It feels like I'm playing something like Muramasa when I play as him, only without the long air combos.

Just woke up now and about to try Kanna. Hoping she doesn't disappoint.

Edit: Thought I woke up later, damn it.

7. Default Re: JMS v302 - Kanna

Translations done. Sorry it took long, Joe was away again.

8. Default Re: JMS v302 - Kanna

O-o?! 結界・桔梗???
    桔梗?

9. Default Re: JMS v302 - Kanna

Spoiler

10. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Default Re: JMS v302 - Kanna

Why does Jett suck?
    So jelous. Way too good just to stay in JMS :(

11. Default Re: JMS v302 - Kanna

@Fiel;
    I'm not sure that all the animations are present in the extractions for Kanna.

For example, in the Kanna preview given by Nexon JP last week, Shisen Gyouha was shown to be a three attack skill, however in your extractions only the first attack's annimation is shown. Then for the upgraded version of that skill in 2nd job, it shows the third attack by itself instead.

Not really sure if you can do anything about it, just thought I'd point this out.

As for the class...
    Some of her buffs seem way too short of a time period. For example there's some defense buffing skill that only lasts 40 seconds? The hell. Unless I'm reading it wrong, that's awfully low and it doesn't have a cooldown either.

I'm glad I was right about the main attacking skill though. It seems that you can pick whatever of the elements you want (It gets Fire, Ice, then something else, I thought it was Lightning, in each job after 1st), and then use that to your advantage. It's kind of like a Mage Paladin, which I find awesome. I'm a little disappointed in her mobbing from first impressions, however that is to be expected considering they made her to be a bossing character.

As for the person(s) complaining about the animations: It's the point. They said in an interview that they absolutely wanted to make sure players are aware that Kanna is supposed to be a character from another world. That's why she gets a special MP (similar to DS, but it doesn't seem to be regenerated by attacking), and why her animations are weird and don't fit the typical MapleStory mold.

Edit: Me and ShiKage may just be able to duo Mori Ranmaru, depending on how much time they give us. Plus if I level my Kanna fast enough we could do a Hayato + Kanna video, cause if I like the class I intend to play it a lot.

12. Default Re: JMS v302 - Kanna

er..

That's cause they're different IDs. Fiel's script overrides same names on the table so you have to do something to differentiate them to show up. When he posts the translations up they should be visible.

42001000 - first part
    42001005 - second part
    42001006 - third part

13. Default Re: JMS v302 - Kanna

Oh alright, that's fine. Just wanted to make sure I reported it in case it was unknown that this issue existed.

14. Default Re: JMS v302 - Kanna

There are two cases in which additional skills will not show up:

1) Skills which do not have the /h property defined in string.wz
    2) Two skills which have the same name. One of them will overwrite the other.

15. Default Re: JMS v302 - Kanna

NO EQUATION FOR PROPERTY epCOn IN SKILL 42121007

EDIT: English Skill Tables posted.

16. Default Re: JMS v302 - Kanna

I figured it would have hurricane. Good thing its hampered(possibly) by their spiritual force.

17. Default Re: JMS v302 - Kanna

So I guess warriors are now the only class type without a hurricane skill.

18. Default Re: JMS v302 - Kanna

After reading the descriptions in English (Cause my Japanese is too poor, qq), I like this class a whole lot more.

Those buffs were 40 sec because they seem to activate from Haku, and not something you would have to upkeep. Seems like I will enjoy this class, but we'll have to see come tomorrow night. Curious to see how he will work as a whole.

19. Default Re: JMS v302 - Kanna

@Fiel, I've updated the readouts with some more information and clarity.

All the skills labeled [Haku] activate from Haku itself, not you. They all have hidden cooldowns that I've added. So it's like having a pet that auto-buffs you. And from what I understand, the Eihou Haku and Gensei Haku skills show the skills your Haku currently has access to. i.e. level 1 Eihou Haku in 2nd job can only use level 1 of each of its skills, even if you add more than 1 point, is my guess.

There was also a variable for Shisen Gyouha - Retsu that presumably showed its KB range as y = 150, though I'm not sure. I would assume then that it pins enemies 150% away from you, keeping them inside its range but guaranteeing they don't close with your third hit.

Also, Shisen Gyouha's delays are 450ms, 450ms, 270ms, reduced to 270ms, 270ms, 270ms when you chain them all.