IGN: WolfpackHero
    Server: KradiaGMS
    Level: 19x
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Allure
    Alliance: Prestige
    Washington

Default Alternative to UA

Warning: This thread assumes that all of the KoC job instructors are going to be released as classes, i.e: Mihile, Hawkeye, Oz, Irena, Eckhart.

I've always thought of ultimate adventurers as redundant. I don't believe it necessary to have an exact copy of a class, just a little bit better. So I came up with an alternative to ultimate adventurers being the reward for reaching level 120 on a KoC; the respective Cygnus job instructor. In my opinion, this makes a lot more sense than becoming an adventurer clone. Becoming your job instructor would be the epitome of achievement on a KoC in my opinion.

How would this work?
    - Instead of creating a Mihile on the character creation page for example, you would play a dawn warrior to level 120 to create a Mihile.
    - Similar to UA, a character creation UI would pop up where you can choose a name and edit your style.
    - The level that your "instructor" would start at would be the same as whatever the currently planned Mihile would start at, 1 or 10 most likely.

Problems that would occur:

What would happen to the current UA's?
    - They would become a discontinued class, similar to Jett on 9/4.

Would you get a similar medal like a UA gets?
    - Yes it would say, "-------'s Instructor"

Please share your critique, opinions, and additional details, as this idea is obviously not 100% formed.
    As this is my first post on SP, please don't flame if a similar post has already been made.
    Last edited by AaronRawr; 2012-08-15 at 03:52 AM.

2. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Alternative to UA

So your idea is that when your KoC hits 120, it transforms into the respective instructor? Or are you saying that just like the UA, you get a level 50 instructor?

If it is the latter, I think that would be an interesting idea. Especially since a couple of the UA skills are pretty useless. Of course, this is all assuming all the instructors are flashy and op as f'uck (=motivation to play one).

3. Electron Straight Male
    Washington

Yes I meant the latter, I was very misleading, sorry.

4. Default Re: Alternative to UA

The reason The Cygnus Knights allied with the Explorers to make UEs because "The Cygnus Knights were a failure"; probably because their potential is so ridiculously low.

I don't think being reincarnated as an instructor makes sense. For one thing, that's the equivalent of a high school student gaining a PhD for finishing High School. Secondly, what would the Instructor get from the Cygnus Knight? If it's just "Start an Instructor at level 50" then I'd rather have the option to make Thieves with Drain skills and Warriors with AoE skills. I don't think a Mihile would care that he gets "Mihile's Soul Driver" by being made as an Ultimate Instructor.

tl;dr: what

5. Electron Straight Male
    Washington

The instructor wouldn't gain anything "special" from the KoC like UA, you just unlock the ability to play the instructors class. Instead of creating a Mihile on the character creation page for example, you would play a dawn warrior to level 120 to create a Mihile. Thanks for the opinion, it helps me shape my idea more clearly.

6. Default Re: Alternative to UA

While I like the idea, I have to point out, Ultimate Adventurers aren't a separate class type from Adventurers or anything, they're not adventurer clones, they're just adventurers with the benefit of starting out with a single Cygnus skill and the basic Cygnus summon at level 50. It's not redundant because we're not dealing with two separate entities here, they're one and the same.

I like the idea of needing a certain level character in order to unlock a different one, much like how you needed a level 20 Adventurer to make a Cygnus when they came out, I wish they hadn't discontinued the practice. In addition, on the subject of a starting level for the newly created character, while I feel should start be level 1, the nature of the instructor classes makes that seem like a bad idea. We only have Mikhail for evidence, but, the first two jobs of Mikhail are rather similar to Dawn Warrior, with the exception of having Rush second job, so I feel like they should start at 3rd Job, at least, since it'd be pretty boring to go from using Soul Driver and Intrepid Slash back to using Soul Blade or even more levels of Soul Driver, in addition to having to train back to 120 again, then higher. That would be pretty redundant.