Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default GPQ data removed

Before I start: yes I am aware that GPQ has been long gone in the game.

I was going through some maps on my website today and I realized that the all (well, almost all, except 1-2) the GPQ maps were removed from data entirely. I have no idea when this was done (@Fiel; probably has a much better idea than me), and I've never really seen Nexon remove the entire set of maps like this (LMPQ, in comparison, still has its maps in data, despite it not being used; edit: alien PQ maps are also still in data).

So does this mean that GPQ will never come back? Sad day for me then.

2. Default Re: GPQ data removed

Maybe they're going to "revamp" it somewhere in the future?
    By revamp I mean dumb it down to the point where it takes no challenge at all and can be done in under 5-10 minutes easily, just like all the other PQs now.

3. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Default Re: GPQ data removed

Wow nexon removing maps so the world IS coming to an end

4. Default Re: GPQ data removed

You mean like everything these days? With potential up the wazoo, every day joe can kill an pq solo no problemo. I liked old GPQ- these should make it more challenging without going through the whole "LOL the whole map attacks you with 1/1 and you have permanent potion lock xD"

5. Default Re: GPQ data removed

They should just add to all the current bosses and PQ a new system which rewards you for clearing them with your guild. Much like how Guild PQ would give you GP for clearing it, make it so if you clear a PQ or kill a boss with your guild, it gets GP. That way they can solve the problem of adding more guild rewarding content and can bring the Sharenian PQ as a regular PQ aswell.
    Last edited by byakugan; 2012-08-14 at 02:42 AM.

6. Default Re: GPQ data removed

I was more referring to the puzzle aspects of the PQs and how they were actually time consuming before.
    All the Jump Quests in the old GPQ are what made it fun because not everyone could do them and you needed specific classes to do specific rooms.
    You don't even need specific classes anymore to activate all of the sigils in CWKPQ anymore, only to get inside. (at least for now, since I assume it's a glitch)

7. Default Re: GPQ data removed

My impresion in a video (from Latin America)
    Spoiler

Dang Nexon.... you retired the best PQ in the game T_T

8. Default Re: GPQ data removed

Or make it that everyone who participates gains GP.

9. Default Re: GPQ data removed

GPQ was fun due to its PQ/puzzle nature, there wasn't that much fighting (save the last boss, which back in the day most guilds, AFAIK, used ME to kill quickly anyhow).

@Green4Ever; they've never done that with other PQs they revamped, I don't think. So while I do wish that they just removed it for revamp, I find it kind of unlikely. Here's to hoping that I will be surprised.

And @RedRaven16; as I've said, I have never known Nexon to remove nearly entire set of maps. I don't see how your sarcasm helps here.

10. Default Re: GPQ data removed

I've never known Nexon to remove any maps either. This game has gone from 300mbs (I think thats how big v0.04 was) to 650mbs (in 2007/2008 I could barely fit it on a CD), to now 3gbs. Them removing content is extremely odd. I think theyre probably doing a revamp of some sort. NexonAM still has beta UI and pomegranate like that in the data, they're not known for removing anything...ever..

11. Default Re: GPQ data removed

They have removed single maps here and there (some ant tunnel maps for example) during BB mostly, and it was the real reason why that infamous Spinel map was put into the game.

Sums up my feelings nicely.

12. Default Re: GPQ data removed

Wait, in KMS or GMS? GMS completely removed Mushroom Shrine in 0.38 and readded the entirety in 0.39 in preparation for adding all of NLC in one go in 0.40.

13. Default Re: GPQ data removed

I will always miss the old UI... I remember the day they added the green MTS button I freaked out xD

14. Default Re: GPQ data removed

You're right, but I guess those were an exception. The "Black mage" has the ability to remove maps somehow @_@

15. Default Re: GPQ data removed

GMS. And as my first post states, no idea when it was removed. I hope you're right and that GPQ comes back next patch. Would make me a happy camper.

16. Default Re: GPQ data removed

I wouldn't expect it to come back next patch, I'm just saying it's happened before but in preparation for a similar feat later. Coke Town was also bouncing in and out of the data for a while IIRC.

17. Default Re: GPQ data removed

I know, I know. I'm not at all expecting. "Hoping" is the keyword here. And yeah, I had forgotten about the coke town stuff.

18. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Master M Boss PQ (I think that was the name) had it's map data removed in GMS; so it's not only just GPQ.

19. Default Re: GPQ data removed

I've never heard of that PQ. It could be that one where they killed bosses back to back like Dojo? I quit GMS during that time so I never played it.

20. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Yeah.