IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Default Bossing and crashes.

So this still seems to be a thing. I'm unsure if this is something I can avoid or if I simply got randomly Nexon'd but I just crashed on my very first Empress run.

Is this a thing that's happened with other people and is a thing I can avoid or am I doomed to hope I get lucky next time?

2. Helium Atom Male
    IGN: UhWut
    Level: 241
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: SquishyNoobs
    Alliance: Wings
    Virginia

Default Re: Bossing and crashes.

I think D/C hacks are back.. I been getting d/c'd from my shop for some time now. So annoying... and I wouldn't be surprised if they were using it at Empress.

3. Default Re: Bossing and crashes.

Need more info. Did your graphics glitch before the crash? Did you get GM police message? Did you get any error?

4. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Nothing whatsoever. It simply crashed with no warning. Not even any lag.

The rest of my party managed to stay so it was just me.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Could have just been a freak accident. Something very similar happened to my Hero guildmate a couple months ago. Whenever we would get to the v2 instructors, he would randomly crash with no warning. No glitching, no lag, no anything, Maple would just flat out close.

It did "fix itself" a couple days later, but we never found the reason or cause.

6. Default Re: Bossing and crashes.

Maple randomly closes on me sometimes when I'm sitting in the middle of nowhere doing absolutely nothing.
    I don't think there is any cause or way to prevent it.
    I guess just make sure you have all the updated versions of DirectX, Microsoft .NET Framework, etc.

7. Default Re: Bossing and crashes.

Obviously there's a cause, else you wouldn't dc. Whether it's due to not having the required elements to operate the software, bad code (a glitch) or a malicious attempt (hacking) is another issue, which would determine the preventability factor that you have control of as a player. Afk'ing in the middle of nowhere, you may have been the victim of the Evan map crash exploit that has currently been released to the public, which is the primary cause of most of the dc issues atm. It's such a pain setting up my shop permit being dc'd every other hour.

Kind of got of topic, but once you've determined the cause, you're able to take measures in order to prevent it from happening, whether that may be downloading and installing the required software or filing a bug report and hoping (need a lot of hope) that Nexon will acknowledge the problem, look into it, find the problematic code, and fix it.

8. Default Re: Bossing and crashes.

I meant no cause that is within your control. You can't really fix Nexon's coding yourself...
    I don't afk in places people go to, so map crashing wouldn't be the cause in my part.

9. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

When i boss my cpu usage is always high for maple. When it is at 100% for a prolong period maple just closes out. Keep your task manger open when you try any boss and monitor it. When i open maple my laptop runs way hotter than when maple is close. Maple is a resource hog

10. Default Re: Bossing and crashes.

Another thing could be the BlackCipher thing that's also running in the background. It sometimes hogs up a lot of your CPU, almost as much as MapleStory does depending on what you're doing.

I notice that sometimes, BlackCipher can disappear or crash on its own and it takes MapleStory down with it a little after; No error/pop-up/Maplestory has stopped working messages. MS just crashes onto my desktop. Not sure how you can fix that.