Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beggars

1. Default Beggars

How do you respond to them?

2. Default Re: Beggars

Turn off Trading.
    If I'm feeling generous and they use proper grammar and don't just say "mesos pls" then I'll toss some their way but on a regular basis I barely have enough for myself.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Beggars

Also, I never respond to random trades. And I never go into FM entrance ch 1.

4. Default Re: Beggars

Prices for potions can add up quick.

But anyway, I usually give them 10k-20k, something at least, if they ask for more, They are greedy, I cancel trade. Their fault.

5. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Depends on the person.

I usually ignore random trades. If the person is nice, I'll give them something, usually about 50k. Other times I tell them I'm broke myself, which is... usually true. But when it comes to low levels, if the person is of a class who can easily make use of the dozens of potions that drop from monsters, I tell them they can do just that if they don't know any better.

6. Default Re: Beggars

I've stopped bothering to respond to random trade requests. They always end up being a waste of time.

7. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

Depends, if they sound intelligent/competent enough I'll tell them a few ways they can MAKE money. IF they seem to be taking it to heart i might give a little bit to get the hassle out of the way, and them on their feet.

Sometimes people beg cause they literally don't know how to make meso.

if dey tlk lik dis then i'm walking away.

8. Default Re: Beggars

Stop responding to them, they're just moochers that expect everything be handed to them. Also if you see them type really relatively long messages, they're usually copy pasting or are bots. (yes people make bots for this kind of thing)

9. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

I've given each beggar 1m for the past few weeks, but that made me more broke than I already am. Plus, I was in a generous mood.

10. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

i tell them to drop 1 mesos before i give them mesos :D

11. Default Re: Beggars

I see.
    Guess i'll be keeping to a flat 10k donation.

12. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

I usually ignore beggars, especially the idiots who are over level 90 and think they still have grounds to beg (I was shocked after Big Bang hit, as the people who beg never usually made it past 35 before); however, there are times in which I don't ignore beggars. Such exceptions are when I'm feeling generous and the beggar in question looks like s/he might actually need money. Other exceptions only occur when the beggar is able to make me laugh, or at least chuckle.

I actually met my favorite beggar rather recently. The guy traded me, the conversation went something like this:

Beggar: "I need money."
    Me: "How much, exactly?"
    Beggar: "1 bil."
    Me: "Um, what makes you think one billion is an appropriate amount to ask for?"
    Beggar: "I need it to buy pot."
    Me: "Ah, that is a worth use of mesos."
    Me: "Unfortunately, I have already spent all of my vast fortune on crack."
    Beggar: "Oh..."
    Me: "I do have a little bit left over that I can spare."
    Me: "Here you go."
    *I then put 100k up to trade*
    Beggar: "Thanks!"
    *trade goes through*

Then, after the trade is ended, some guy who was standing next to us asks just how much he managed to get out of me. Turns out he was only begging in order to settle a bet, and we all had a good laugh about it. The beggar adamantly tried to convince the other guy that he had indeed gotten one billion mesos out of me, and I went along with the shenanigans just to screw with him. It was the best waste of time and money I've had in weeks.

13. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: XJunkun
    Server: Bera
    Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: Jabaited
    Alliance: You
    California

I give it to them regardless in hopes that they get a good start.

Hell I might give my items away soon cause I don't play and they're sitting on a account. :x

14. Default Re: Beggars

I usually say "sorry I don't give mesos" and cancel trade. I believe that they should learn to earn their own mesos.

15. Default Re: Beggars

Asking for money for potions in this day and age now that professions are out is probably one of the laziest things ever.

16. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

Used to give them few hundred thousand to few millions depends on my mood.

Then a friend of mine showed me a script of begging (still wondering where did he get that) and claim that he could make up to hundred millions in a single day just by automated begging using THAT script in channel one of a few maps.

Stopped being generous right after.

17. Proton Gay Male
    IGN: Nordici / Conhur
    Job: Paladin/Kaiser
    Guild: Virtual / Prelude
    New_York

I really don't want to give anything, but sometimes I feel bad like what if they really are new players with little to no money ;..;
    I generally just give 100k and if I'm in a bad mood just ignore and fake afk o-0

18. Default Re: Beggars

I never give anything. I've actually been chastised for being fooled. It's not an experience I'd like to repeat.

19. Default Re: Beggars

I like to help them out; well until recently anyways. If someone asked for some politely, didn't spam like an idiot, seemed new to the game and they actually needed it; sure. I would usually give them 1m and that would make them happy.

Recently though one guy was asking and I gave him 1m; once I did he left without even saying thank you or anything. Bleh, some people.

I've kept my trades off to prevent spam trading from randoms and botters for a couple years just because of that.