Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: Merc/Phantom
    Guild: Intensity
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: Armadillo
    usa

Default Re: Moderation Enforced

Even if it doesn't end up affecting users, it has the potential to. Mods have lives, they can't be here 24/7. I just don't think something this drastic was necessary at all for a problem that really isn't that common. And, if it is a chronic problem over a long period of time like your list of names suggests, it would be so much easier to just continue banning the weekly showoff troll while finding a better answer. IMO you jumped the gun.

There are plenty of forums on the web that are larger than this and naturally run into similar problems. I've never seen a forum resort to pre-filtering anything and be successful. The most successful ones step up their normal moderating and make it harder for trolls / offenders to continually break rules by making it not worth their time. As it stands, accounts that are breaking rules are around for weeks and there are no restrictions placed on new accounts, so it's still easy for them to do what they want.

Anyways i'm done. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but that's my input so ignore it or use it, w/e.

2. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Just came back from disconnections and dinner.
    But i'm not going to continue arguing with you, it honestly is a waste of time arguing with people.

3. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

Just posting to say I'm done posting.

Final word.

Anyway, Locked and whoever else, you're getting upset over nothing. So what if your posts don't appear the second you post them? Unless you're posting something that you know will get rejected this shouldn't really be an issue. Unless, of course, your hobby is to sit there refreshing that one thread waiting for responses and this is ruining it. Then you should definitely be mad.

4. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

That is a wonderful contribution Sardines.

For the system to be as transparent and not bothersome as possible, I'd opt just remove the PM altogether, no customization option. There should be no need for the system to throw PM's saying "YOUR POST IS UP YEAH!" because the person already knows the content of that post, and should be expecting it to go through anyway. Any problem posts will get PMs (or however infractions are handed out here from the moderation team), so the need for any autoPM system for post approval/denial seems redundant to me.

This is all based on how I think the system works, never used vbulliten's admin tools before so I could be way off here.

5. Water

IGN: FasterHarder
    Server: Dirgie
    Level: 85
    Job: HotSexyRedhead
    Guild: TeamRocket/Doggies

hilariously awful.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

This thread is just overall terrible. I lost a bit of faith in Southperry, if not at the expense of some horrible entertainment.

Because prejudice works so well. A real low point in this thread.

7. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

Explain how that response show's prejudice?

8. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

You're better than this. Just make your point, don't use low level bait.

If she stated that at face value and was applying that to real life, then she probably meant something along the lines that some opinions should be formed on a person based on how they act or dress in public. There is a difference between looking at things with a discriminating eye and being outright prejudiced.

9. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

Because prejudice is the act of judging prior to action and she advocated judging before speaking, though really it's a stretch because his interpretation is only valid if you take her statement word for word literal, rather than as an admonishment that people should show consideration before they post.

10. Eos Scammed Me. Bi Male
    IGN: Ryninagha
    Server: Windia
    Level: 16x
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: EmoCorner
    Alliance: EmoNight

Except that wasn't what was said, and contextually doesn't fit. I thought one of Southperry's big guidelines was to take things at face value for the sheer fact that ambiguity often leads to fall back retorts such as this?

11. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

And what context are you pulling out of what orifice there?
    If you're having to claim context, out of her having said nothing but that one line, to substantiate your interpretation, you're not taking it at face value, are you?

12. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

If your posts don't violate the rules, how does this hurt you? How is it detrimental? How is it hurtful? Can anyone answer these questions without resorting to peaching or giving the old "I don't like it" excuse? And once you do give your reason, explain it. "I simply don't agree with it" doesn't cut it.

13. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

If you guys really have an issue with what Sarah typed, then you could just ask her what she meant by it (@ImagineAll, IllegallySane). Making an interpretation of the comment is already one flaw, arguing about it doesn't do any better, especially when we're arguing about something that isn't exactly relevant to the main topic.

I'm not really sure why adding a new approval mechanic to three threads in SL has raised such a stir. People are taking the change way too personally.

Cringe worthy are the comparisons people are making to basilmarket and Sleepywood (@lorx). basilmarket I suppose is only justifiable if they still have the same mechanic in which pictures are uploaded in one place on the site and that requires moderator approval. However, this doesn't correlate as SP is restricting three threads. Thereby being a parts to whole fallacy. If you really want to get your picture out urgently because it is THAT important, then there are plenty of other places you could do it. Not that you should, but it remains a possibility.

The other analogy that I saw being made was that this site is becoming Sleepywood. This is laughable. Eos explained in SPchat that he decided to share this because he wanted people aware of the decision. He wanted to be as transparent as possible. One of the major problems that I had with SW was the fact that power was being used without transparency. I was told by friends that I "disappeared" on the site a couple of times when I raised a fuss over Truth's moderation on SW. I was not informed or told of this by anyone on staff.

From what I know, Eos had only good intentions in making this thread and making this known to the site. If you disagree with his decision, then that is understandable. However, there is no need to make illogical site comparisons just because you are upset by the decision.

14. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

I meant that if everyone were forced to think before they speak / post then there would infinitely less misunderstanding / general stupidity / issues in general.

15. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

Oh ok. :)

16. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

Upon originally reading sarah's quoted post I saw "Think before you speak", so I was confused of how that is seen as prejudice. Rereading it I see where the interpretation came from.

My mistake

17. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

if you pay me to moderate and accept posts i'll help you with your endeavor.

your plan will fail if you do not choose to do this

18. Default

You're too old for a moderator position.

19. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

Wait... I mentioned other MS forums? All I remember is making two posts that amount to:
    1. "I sure hope this doesn't last too long"
    2. "The confirmation PM seems redundant to me"

Unless like, I forgot one. But I'm pretty sure that's it.