IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Moderation Enforced

I haven't noticed problems in those forums, but A: I hardly ever visit them and B: I'm not a mod.

So i'm just gonna go with what Eos says. It doesn't harm any of us. If it's better for the site as a whole, i'm all for it.

2. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

Not only that but the "hacking situation" that got b4h banned initially was reproducible with normal client behavior a few patches ago.
    Logging in via the site, going to create a character, clicking the go back button, would bring you to the initial login screen you get when you launch with gamelauncher, except you would be in a client set up to have your login info saved from before
    so when you log in with an alternate account
    it shows the first account's characters

3. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

I can kind of see this as being good in other areas, where some rules can appear gray to members who are posting. It could potentially save them from infractions for posting something that might not seem against the RR, but would seem to be by the Mod Team. Of course, I would assume that something that is blatantly against the RR would prompt a warning the first time, and then infractions thereafter.

But i get the feeling that wont happen, even if the Mod Team is large enough and active enough to moderate a decent sized influx of "reply requests".

4. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

Kid's probably not going to post here anymore ever.

ddsushi said (Aug 11, 3:16am)

bleh, whatever.
    Rapptz said (Aug 11, 2:39am)

I'm going to be honest but it was perfect up until you started posted your DB. How can you be so stupid? Honestly dude. So perfect.

ddsushi said (Aug 11, 12:55am)

Not only that, he blocked everyone in my area from being able to access southperry through AT&T phones.
    Lmfao
    Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address because Traffic from this service has been restricted due to the unfortunate actions of one particular d(o)uchebag who ruined it for everyone. We're sorry for the inconvenience, please find another way to browse us.. To contact the administrator click here

ddsushi said (Aug 11, 12:50am)

I don't get it.
    Eos didn't ban forever, but he completely blocked my ip from even accessing the site.

Etc.

5. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

I wish you were as diligent with the swearing and vulgar language bypasses and pictures that have become more prevalent.

6. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

This doesn't affect me one bit! *puts on awesome glasses*

Also, moderating thread replies in popular threads is extremely tedious as f'uck and will probably end up with these threads dying until this is lifted, if ever.

@Guy above : The censor was always there for fun, not for serious "DON'T CUSS" nonsense.

7. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

Not cleanly, no.
    I couldn't even exempt donors or similar from it as trustworthy because that'd just provide a back way in to abuse it.

There is no rule against profanity. We literally don't give a damn about it if it's not flaming, harassment or bigotry. Those filters weren't set up to prevent it. In fact for every last one of them there's a way to create the real word for people who actually mean it enough to stop and think what the reverse-filter is.

8. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

Many complaints seem to focus on additional work for moderators, which I can't understand since it doesn't affect the complainer. Will the extra work cause some moderation deficiency in some other hot-bed-super-rule-breaking forum that needs it, which forum is that? If the moderators object, then that is debatable.

The other complaint is this being a nuisance to posters; okay, so your post isn't immediately made available for viewing. Are you trying to beat someone or receive congratulations as quickly as possible? It'll get there eventually, unless you're breaking some rule, in which case, it shouldn't be up anyways.

TL;DR: If the moderators don't object, this barely affects anyone else.

9. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

We might as well say all the rules are there for fun then?

I agree with the guy above you. People should be given warnings for cuss words. (Maybe an exception for angry dome?)

10. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

Censors aren't the same as rules, but I'll let @Fiel explain it better, since I believe he's the one that first implemented them in the first place.

11. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

This doesn't really affect me either, and I don't really see the point, but I'll accept that it's apparently an issue.

12. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

>someone posts something in the achievement thread
    >want to respond to them
    >have to wait five ever for an admin to possibly accept or reject my post

seriously pineapple that

13. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't a MAC/IP/ID ban be quicker and easier?

14. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

Why was this deemed an important announcement that is redirected to for everyone? It's only for a few specific threads in one specific subforum that a lot of people don't even use.

15. Acorn Overlord Male
    Spiral's Avatar [Maple News Admin]
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ManaSpiral
    Server: GAZED
    Job: Fire/Poison
    New_Jersey

I'm not one who's too active in those types of threads, but I can see why this was warranted. I have to say, I'm really shocked by how disrespectful a lot of members are being to Eos in this thread. You may not agree with his decision, but Eos puts a lot of hard work into Southperry, genuinely cares about the MapleStory community, and is always adding new content to the site to make it better for all of you. Show the guy some respect and if you disagree, then voice your opinion respectfully. At the end of the day, though, it's not your call and a lot of you guys need to accept that.

How about focusing on all the great stuff happening here at Southperry instead of flipping out over one change in moderation enforcement. This isn't Nexon America, after all.

16. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

Why certainly.
    Can the precog you apparently have in your pocket give me the MAC address of every device an abuser could possibly get access to, plus all the IP addresses of every ISP every such device might obtain and I'll just go enter those now.

Because it's a significant change to the policy of the site itself and the general functionality of the site and has the potential to impact any and every user.

17. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

Uh... whatever happened to public reprimand and execution? Why are we resorting to censorship?

18. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that was sarcasm. Just so we're clear, mine wasn't sarcasm. I'm definitely no network admin and I don't know all the details involved with finding and banning the addresses of abusers, nor how effective it is. It just seems like it would be easier to periodically ban abusers when they roll around again than cherry pick every post to make sure that it's not malicious or posted by someone deemed as malicious.

I just find it hard to believe that every person you ban has the patience to change devices, IP addresses and login info every time he gets banned just to post in a forum where he's obviously not welcomed.

19. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

MAC addresses are also very easy to spoof.
    Maybe if you start doing this for entire subforums, I guess. Even I feel it's going a bit overboard though, not simply because it's more work but because it's a bit too close to the slippery slope of abuse for my taste. Take one step in this direction and you might just keep taking them...

20. Default Re: Moderation Enforced

I personally find this to be stupid and a bit overkill. I also think you're being a tad overzealous on trying to keep him absolutely off the website. If he posts and you know it's him, then ban him. I'd rather have to re ban someone every so often than have to check and "okay" every damn post that goes into those threads in order to prevent said person from making those few posts that do very little, if any, harm. You're blowing this out of proportion.

But I digress. Unless the mods have any objections, there's not much us normal users can say/do about it. And since you've made the announcement, I'm making the assumption that you've already brought this up with them, and they agreed.