Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Default Re: ShiKage's Ultimate Hayato Guide

Doing this or the Whirlwind combo breaks my Sweeping Sword, until I switch maps or whatever - every sweeping sword afterward fires me backwards a bit farther than Whirlwind or Dankuusen goes forward. Which, in combos, gives it ridiculous apparent range:

Whirlwind + Sweeping Sword, starting from around the doorway - first Whirlwind pushes me forward, then Sword yanks back, killing everything on the screen. Whirlwind hits the left and Sword hits the right half of the screen, with not much overlap.

The (Whirlwind -> Dankuusen -> Sweeping Sword) infinite chain is kinda fun, except that two are forward rushes and one becomes a backwards rush, so I end up all over the map in very short order.

For clearing out a map, I just Whirlwind->Dankuusen->Whirlwind->etc. most of the time, cause it combos fine. Would be nice to be able to turn around at some point though without the huge delay either of them incurs when you stop on it.

Whirlwind->Sword->W->S and Sword->Whirlwind->S->W seem to move me different amounts depending on very specific timing within the repetition of the combos. Takes getting used to.

First class in a while where finding a nice flat map and just playing with the skills is more fun than questing.

2. Default Re: ShiKage's Ultimate Hayato Guide

To minimise the attack delay, use your standard slash skill once. Chaining occurs I think, or at least that was possible before Nexon broke a hell lot of stuff. I didn't like D-->W because the rushing effect tends to be disrupted or incomplete with a large group of mobs. Also note when I posted that post lol, so yeah it might no longer work as intended.

Hadriel

3. Default Re: ShiKage's Ultimate Hayato Guide

I'm still at the point where both handily 1hko stuff I'm training on (Surging Blade mostly does too, with Battoujutsu it always does), if I took more hits I'd probably Sweep-D cause it pulls things in and you don't move round the map.

Dankuusen's really the core of all the combos I prefer atm, even dankuusen+ 1 hit of Sanrenzan is a pretty decent move - I find that the Dankuusen+1Sanrenzan is approximately as fast for movement as 3 Surging Blades, although I'm not as good on timing of the repeat casts for that. D-W is much faster than either of them, but is a bulkier combo cause W's a bit slow.

The Dankuusen+Sanrenzan's also nice for turning around, cause it's not really a chain - you can stop after the Sanrenzan (which has an incredibly fast cast anyway), turn around, and immediately Dankuusen the other way.

4. Default Re: ShiKage's Ultimate Hayato Guide

Updated the guide to include Hyper Skills. As always, please point out any errors I have made or anything I may have overlooked.

Thanks~

5. Default Re: ShiKage's Ultimate Hayato Guide

Missing Hitokiri Strike - Spread under Hyper Skills.

Is there a particular reason why you opt for Hitokiri Strike - Spread instead of Extra Strike? I can't really think of many situations where there'd be 17 monsters in front of you.

6. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Default Re: ShiKage's Ultimate Hayato Guide

Should be worth noting that sweeping sword no longer messes with the camera.

Shinsoku now outdoes Sanzenran with its hypers 1v1 for those who care enough about that.

7. Default Re: ShiKage's Ultimate Hayato Guide

That wasn't even in the list of skills I was looking at (3rd party source, since I don't have MapleStory downloaded at all right now). I'll have to find the image for it and add it.

That was actually a typo. I meant to type Extra Strike, but looking at text all day usually ends up with me making errors like that.

Did they fix that? I haven't played in a while, so I don't remember that.

Sanrenzan spam alone? I wouldn't doubt it, but combining Sanrenzan with other sources of damage still out performs Shinsoku Musou in my experience.

8. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Default Re: ShiKage's Ultimate Hayato Guide

Yea it was fixed very recently.
    Sanzenran + Falcon Dive. Tests done in dojo though.