1. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Default How's the current hacking/duping situation?

I guess I'm specifically asking for Windia because I was curious, but overall counts as well because I'd been thinking about trying out the Pirate update... but the hackers/dupers were the main reason I quit (potential is another, but I'm not bothering with it).

Pretty sure the LHC hacking is still around, but what about the economy? Do dupers still run rampant? I'm aware of the recent bannings but all that told me is that a bunch of bots have been banned.

2. Default Re: How's the current hacking/duping situation?

Not really anymore. WS are harder to find (Up to around 180m a pop now), Duping is pretty hard to find, Most Chaos Scrolls (All Mirac Chaoses) are untradeable, GM's are untradeable, Protections are untradeable, Theres still amazingly godly stuff, but its insanely expensive.

AFAIK, Duping isnt really an issue anymore, nexon's been pretty quick to jump on glitches now. LHC hacking is actually pretty good now, BaM hackers barely have time to make it to 120 before getting GM banned. (I know people personally who have lost tons of stuff from their bots being banned, I laffed)

Also, if you want, you can add me in Windia if you're thinkin of coming back, Always need moar friends :P

3. Default Re: How's the current hacking/duping situation?

Duping was fixed a couple of months ago. Or so they say.

4. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Default Re: How's the current hacking/duping situation?

The economy doesn't appear to be run by dupers anymore, from what I can tell, but there are still a number of items that have had their prices run into the ground because of botting. That said, the recent weeks have seemed much better as far as the botting situation goes (no more Evans in every map of Kents and in the ToT), but bots are still present in a number of places. Still, it's nice not having channels crashing all over the place as people try duping their items, and with most of the commonly duped scrolls being untradeable now, the most godly items have had their prices jump up exponentially (to something resembling what they should be).

I guess you could say the hacking situation is much better, though it still has room for improvement. There are still botters on about every channel where monsters with valuable items drop (Master Death Teddies, for example), and some of the better training locations have botters trying to sell party leech experience (Aliens). So, they still show up and can be very obnoxious, which is very unsettling for a good portion of the community; then again, I couldn't imagine trying to pass any mastery books without botters farming MMBs all over the place so that their prices can stay at a reasonably low range.

5. Proton Female
    IGN: Lomelindel
    Level: 142
    Job: I/L Mage
    australia

I've just started again, I had quit months ago due to the constant downtime and hacking. On some maps, there used to be hackers in every single channel. Really became unbearable.

I have to say, I've been pleasantly surprised by the recent changes. I think I saw one hacker, but other than that everyone's really well behaved. Even FM1 seemed to have cleaned up the awful meso-selling spam a bit. It's not all gone, but it's definitely reduced. Fingers crossed that MS can increase or at least maintain its vigilance.

6. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    Nebraska

Well that's good to hear... how do people make money nowadays, then? And I assume there's no longer a viable way of getting NX with the MTS gone?

7. Default Re: How's the current hacking/duping situation?

Bossing, merching, crafting items then selling the good equips you make and you can also farm gallant emblems to sell rising sun equips.

8. Default Re: How's the current hacking/duping situation?

Bahahahah. This seems relevant.

They're attempting to stop botters (mages) by making them randomly hit ones and cap.
    I've seen legit players hitting both cap and 1s, but I've seen botters hitting ones.
    I'd rather have glitched legit mages than a flooded economy.

9. Default Re: How's the current hacking/duping situation?

There's definitely a new dupe around in Windia, but it is not widespread..yet. Heard certain people are selling a lot of primals, boss nebs, dominators, etc.

10. Flatpanel TV Straight Male

Well, there are people who make a decent amount of money by crafting a ton of mid-level belts with Jewel Makers, extracting the bad ones into Item Crystals with Alchemists, and then selling all of the results. There's also the option of going into the Monster Park and farming a ton of equipment and fusing the ones that come out with mediocre potential to try and get some nice %stat equips to sell. That or extracting everything to try and get Superior Item Crystals, which go for around 2-5mil in Windia last I checked.
    If you have the NX to get a store permit, then you can try watching the market and buying items that are priced a bit low and reselling them for their true market value, but from your second question, I'd assume that you don't have access to this option.

Getting NX without spending real money is now impossible without buying it with mesos from (preferably trustworthy) friends. I guess doing those surveys on Nexon's site might still be an option, but those haven't worked for me in years.

11. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    Nebraska

Yeah, I gave up buying NX months ago because of the fact that I'm jobless and living off of financial aid until I can work. :I So I've no way of getting NX (save for one method but advertising that is a no-no here and it's proving ineffective anyway).

2-5m for Superior Crystals, huh... they were 8-10m last time, but that's still better than nothing. I think I may have left off with a few hundred Giant Potions when I quit, are those worth anything anymore?

Looks like I'll be coming back soon enough for a bit. I'd be glad to add some of you to my buddylist once that happens, I'm sure most of my buddies deleted me long ago. :(

12. Default Re: How's the current hacking/duping situation?

I'd say it seems to be more contained, but still far from perfect. It's mostly bugs and glitches Nexon created themselves that makes it pretty annoying. But yeah, there are no real secure way to to get NX ingame.

There is however one other thing ... There are permanent CS/NX equipment from the Surprise Style Cash Box that are somehow able to get duped. They include items such as Frog capes and ink rings. It can include any permanent cash items that are able to be placed in a shop. You should be wary when buying them because buying the dupe ones may disappear on you when you log out, change channels, or going into the CS/MTS, sooner or later. I'm still seeing these in the FM for cheap prices, and reading/hearing it from people that they are still poofing... Nexon seems to have acknowledged it, but nothing has been done yet. But that's about it.

As for income, crafting, fusing, and doing monster park for items are good for that if you have nothing to start with, or at least patience. All equipment in monster park comes 100% potentialed. Good potentialed items can sell reliably well from either method. Crappy potted and/or less popular equipment such as 2h maces/swords can be extracted into item crystals, and you can sell those as well or you can save to fuse them later for another chance. Intermediate (sells for 70k-100k each and often bought in bulk) and Superior item crystals both sell fast. Giant potions seems to sell around 1.5m-2.5m each in Windia.

13. Flatpanel TV Straight Male

I'm sure there are other options for making money, but you'll need to ask other people about them, as my knowledge only extends to some of the most basic. I'm not too sure about the prices for Giant Potions, but I'm willing to bet that they'd be able to fetch a decent price among the niche group of the community that just likes to mess around.

I'd be willing to help you out in the event that you start playing again. I can't give any loans or anything, as I'm trying to save up for some better rings, but I could lend you some space in my shop should you need anything sold. Or, if you'd like, I could help you with miscellaneous needs like Party Quests, updates on what's been happening in game, etc.

14. Default Re: How's the current hacking/duping situation?

The permanent CS item duping was one night three or four weeks ago and was quickly fixed with a USC. I haven't seen or heard anything about it since.

15. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    Nebraska

Glad my mains have permanent CS equipment that I'd never change...

Thanks guys, gave me a bit more confidence in playing again.

@Sorien Are the Evolving Rings (III) still one of the best rings? If so, I may still have some from that event, since I went and got those on quite a few characters when that event was around. If you're looking for those, I can probably hold on to one for you, if you'd like.
    Last edited by MariettaRC; 2012-08-10 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Whoop, III, not II.

16. Default Re: How's the current hacking/duping situation?

The best rings are the Arkarium set, followed by White Angelic Blessing, Dark Angelic Blessing, Evo Ring III lvl 10 and the various Crit rings, in that order.

17. Default Re: How's the current hacking/duping situation?

Technically almighty and golden almighty are above wabr.

18. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Isn't the DAB only 10 atk 5 all stat? and if so that would make evo ring 3 lv 10 better.

19. Default Re: How's the current hacking/duping situation?

6 allstat, but it also has 100 HP/MP.

20. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

I'd rather have 4 more main stat.