1. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default help finding old 4th job lore.

kind of a weird Q/A, but it's not really a discussion so here.

i was wondering if southperry had the old lore about classes when they advanced to 4th job and did the respective skill quests, mainly interested in the beholder quests which revealed what the beholder actually was.

also interested for reading purposed of course. if it's not on southperry, anyone knows where i could find it? maplewikia proved useless.

2. Default Re: help finding old 4th job lore.

Isn't beholder a dark spirit/soul that to turn good forgot all it's memories then regained part of them (which are the skills it used to make you stronger)?

Something like that.

3. Default Re: help finding old 4th job lore.

I can't remember much about it aside from being pretty taken aback at how evil the quests presented Beholder to be. Maybe if someone has an older version of MapleStory (I know v55 is fairly common) they'd be able to extract the quest info from the files? I've been wanting to find the old Dark Knight quests too, I loved the backstory they gave. It's such a shame they took all of that out.

4. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Default Re: help finding old 4th job lore.

I would actually love to read the lore behind the skills again (bowmasters, obviously, but the others as well), I'd sadly forgotten them all.

I remember the quests behind the Corsair skills being pretty neat.

5. Default Re: help finding old 4th job lore.

Of all the skill quests, I enjoyed doing the Corsair ones the most. It was cool being sent to Spirit Vikings to learn how to use a Ship.

6. Default Re: help finding old 4th job lore.

I clearly remember Isaac making a thread for this but I can't find it here or on Sleepywood.

7. Donator Straight Male
    panama

and there lies my problem .__.
    i still remember it pretty clearly, beholder was a person that was so evil, that they sealed and cleansed his soul to such a degree that it ended losing it's physical body, along with memories and everything else. doing the beholder quests allowed the beholder to regain some of his past memories which in turn made it more powerful. but you only did as much as to get the skills to level 25, because any more than that and there was a chance the beholder would regain too much knowledge/power and unseal himself.

of course, i want to read it once again because i'm kinda iffy on the wording, not to mention what the others have said.

yea, but asking someone to download v.55 and do the whole extraction process is kind of asking too much don't you think? especially since i know isaac (shame i never got to meet him) made so many maplelore posts that he might have it somewhere.

but i can't find it either ._.

8. Default Re: help finding old 4th job lore.

I'll give it a try. I haven't used extraction programs in over a year but I'll see if I can get anything to work.

If I can figure it out I'll let you know.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I vaguely remember someone starting something like this a bit before Big Bang, in an attempt to preserve the lore.
    I can't recall who it was, or how far the project went, or anything really.
    (I do know Big Bang was long after Isaac stopped posting here, so it wasn't him)

10. Default Re: help finding old 4th job lore.

Man reading some of this is making me so nostalgic. I remember that damn quest to kill a Jr. Balrog for a key, and as I recall it was broken when it came out and they didn't drop. Wasted a ton of mesos buying a Jr Balrog summoning sack to try and get a key because everyone had killed all of them for their 4th job quests already. :(

11. Default Re: help finding old 4th job lore.

The person you're looking for? Flowsion. I remember him collecting these for use in FMS back in the day.

Apparently, I'm excceding some 2 MB bandwidth thing, so I can't seem to post em all at once (or even per quest for that matter), lol.

Phoenix:

Spoiler

12. Default Re: help finding old 4th job lore.

Concentrate Part 1:

Spoiler

13. Default Re: help finding old 4th job lore.

Concentrate Part 2:

Spoiler

14. Default Re: help finding old 4th job lore.

Hurricane (all I could find was a frapped video, so I had to screenshot those):

Spoiler

15. Default Re: help finding old 4th job lore.

@ShinkuDragon;

Dug around the files for a bit and managed to find the Beholder's Hex/Heal quest text, it's messy because it links to NPC IDs and I don't know which they're linking to. Decided to Google one of the IDs and MapleTip has some of the quests in it's database still - Harmonia's NPC has some of the Beholder quests, among other 4th job Warrior things I'm guessing the other 4th job NPC pages have the same for their respective classes.

Here's what I found:

Spoiler

Most of 'negative' text at the end is either declining to continue the quest or the end chat text. This is all I could find on Beholder, hopefully that's of some use! It was fun reading it again, even if the NPC IDs are messy.

16. Donator Straight Male
    panama

that's awesome, i remember most of this pretty well then! iirc:

1321007 = beholder
    4000134 = viking sails
    2041023 = Flo
    220050300 = Ludibrium : Path of Time
    4000148 = binding bridle
    8170000 = thanatos
    4031453 = Magical Array of the Spirit
    4031474 = Soul Contract

used maplearchive to figure most of those (remembering them also helped, but just doublechecking heh)

you're awesome, think you could do me one last favor and find the texts that include berzerk? i don't think the rush quests are important, and these three are the main DrK skills, can't remember what tipped you to go fight balrog for the key

but in short:

harmonia tells you to see flo and mr bouffon, you talk to each and they make you hunt the soul contract and magical array from thanathos, then they make you hunt 200/500 viking sails and binding bridle to unlock more of his power.

17. Default Re: help finding old 4th job lore.

It was pretty cool for buccaneers to have to kill pap to learn Time Leap. That was one of the best quests ever xD

And the concentrate quest T.T so fricken ridiculous if you didn't have the book. Took forever to get one that was cheap until CWKPQ came out.

18. Default Re: help finding old 4th job lore.

I found Rush by accident while looking for Berserk, so I may as well include that:

Spoiler

Fairly certain this is Berserk!:

Spoiler

Legend:
    2040052 = Wiz the Librarian
    222020000 = Helios Tower <Library>
    2081000 = Chief Tatamo? Not sure on this one
    240000000 = Leafre
    4161019 = Sayram's Journey (Journal, possibly? It's an etc item)
    4031479 = Sayram's Necklace?
    8180001 = Griffey
    1061012 = Insignificant Being
    910500200 = Forgotten Shrine

19. Donator Straight Male
    panama

most definite, and this explains why i didn't remember the quest for zerk, we got it by plain dumb luck!
    again, a million thanks man!, i'll leave the thread open if you want to add anything else or anyone.