1. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male
    IGN: FlameChocobo II
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Hero
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire

Default Re: What do YOU miss?

Maker Skill - Half of the enhancement jewels that make the equips good are useless now. I always wanted to have a Maker.

@MariaColette I feel you. Hackers are what made LHC suck.

2. Default Re: What do YOU miss?

Echoing everyone else. Honestly, I didn't understand Potential when it first came out, since I was pretty inactive at the time, and learning about it hasn't exactly been a highlight for me.

I miss the older-style events, the Maple BBQ, the Halloween candies, that sort of thing. All these "Kill mobs around your level and get event drops" get pretty old.

I miss class distinction. I don't really enjoy the whole "you must hit max damage and hit 9 times per second" attitude the game has taken. Or how everyone has mobility skills, everyone has Final Attack, and almost everyone has some form of Stance. Class rolls mean so little now. All classes really have is token party buffs most of which you can live without. I mean, sure SI and SE, and AB, and whatever are nice, but they still aren't really that useful when all that matters is that you, by yourself, can hit the damage cap. Or at least that's the attitude I see a lot.

3. Default Re: What do YOU miss?

Pre-potential damage differences. You had a ton of good equips? Good, your range was 14k, mine was 8k. Now it is, you have a ton of good equips? Your range is 300k, mine is 15k.

Old Ellinia and Henesys. New ones are... cluttered.

Lower Ascent.

I miss back when jobs had a role. For example, my girlfriend made a Brawler and I made a Cleric. I would heal her on Lower Ascent, then we would train on Himes, and we pretty much were par on level. I miss when clerics would heal and brawlers would brawl, you know, mixing uppercut, elbow, corkscrew, somersault, blast, drain... now it's all random tornados, lazorz, and stupid looking summons.

4. Default Re: What do YOU miss?

I miss doing Sharenian Guild Quest with my guild so much; we felt ridiculously strong/proud after beating Ergoth, just with our weakling power and pure team work.

And I miss getting excited for new Jobs/revamps. *manly tears*

5. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Man, that feel when my guild finally reached the top 50 on that guild rank... ;_;

The guild levelup system is just so lame in comparison to the teamwork involved in beating GPQ.

6. Default Re: What do YOU miss?

I miss people hanging out in Sleepywood Sauna.
    I miss old events that were actually fun.
    I miss the sense of exploration I had for the game when it was new to me. When they added all these new areas, it felt like I was having a new adventure. I don't get that feeling much anymore, even if they add new areas it just doesn't feel the same.

7. Default Re: What do YOU miss?

Stop reading the KMS updates `-`

For science.

8. Default Re: What do YOU miss?

The trivial social aspect of the game due to how long it takes to do everything.

9. Water Female
    IGN: PlsBuffBT
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 22x
    Job: Beast Tamer
    Guild: Path
    Alliance: Meme
    Farm: Yeiionde
    england

When threads like this didn't exist.

Massive wall of text below, feel free to skip it if you want.

Spoiler

tl;dr: I agree Maplestory has been hurt in a lot of ways due to how the game is now, but it never used to be perfect in the first place. /endrantpleasedon'thateme

10. Default Re: What do YOU miss?

Yeah, only nobody said "Maplestory used to be perfect"...?

11. Default Re: What do YOU miss?

Trure old Maple had some issues, such as mages spamming ults. I like the new F/P and I/L mages, but Bishops are pretty much dull now. The only thing they get in 4th job is Angel Ray, because a summon, an ultimate, and Big Bang are generic. I was kind of hoping they did something nice for Bishops, but seems like they reserved the Holy arsenal for Luminous. Kinda dissapointing.

I wouldn't say they fixed Buccs being a joke class either, all they did was give them some damage and ruin the gameplay into something very generic. You'll feel the "joy" of new Buccs tonight in GMS.

12. Default Re: What do YOU miss?

Well I'm not going to hijack a good thread about it but basically I was referencing a certain VIP Hacking trainer that is quite popular, even to so called legitimate players.

13. Default Re: What do YOU miss?

Bucc as a joke class? ; - ;

14. Default Re: What do YOU miss?

From way back hen:

-When people would play for fun and explore. Nowadays it's just "CC or GTFO"
    -When my damage range was considered "well off" instead "LOL nub"
    - When leveling was hard so that I didn't have to focus on training the entire time I was online (there were SOOOOOO many other things to do it was fun)
    - GUILD PQ SO MUCH FUN. Why they took it out and never replaced it with anything is beyond me.
    - When events weren't "Kill this and get this many etc items for this one part of this one event so you can do this other event. here is your reward!"
    - When you could kill monsters at any level to hunt for drops: HOLY CRAP this is sooo annoying now. I can understand nerfing EXP when you're X levels above the monster, but drops too? Now I have to make a new character to X level to get X drop from X monster because I can't hunt it on my main?
    -When KS wars were: Ima call my bish friend and u can QQ over ur map lololol" or Z4 madness. Those were hilarious.
    - When it took teamwork to kill a major boss. Nowadays if you have infinite money, you can solo any damn boss you want.
    - When attacks didn't kill all monsters in 1 hit every time. Training now is like OHKO or you suck at life. Even with the bare minimum I can kill things really fast. Our damage has been boosted by a ridiculous amount, but the monsters haven't been re buffed to match. I mean, back in the day, squid parties were the pomegranate. You needed like 3-4 people to have an awesome map spawn. Now you can just go and kill some lower level monster from Nexon that gives more exp for a monster that is significantly lower than you. Not to gripe on NLC, but come on- having to train at a monster for nearly 30 levels because that monster gives more exp than any other area in your level range is ridiculous. You don't even start to breach 3k exp until the 13x monsters (unless you LHC).

So much more; too little time

15. Default Re: What do YOU miss?

oh boy time to pull out some old SSs

Friends with me hitting lvl 80 at zombies

GPQ (old school bellocan lol)

That feeling of my first strafe, I felt so accomplished

killing event bosses

entrusting your acct to other people for VIP Zhelm services

being handed an apple for cwkpq since archers were hard to find

killing zak in a PARTY

EARNING my gear

selling leech as a source of income

when getting 4th job meant something

newties.

passing/failing pricey skill books

soloing bigfoot as a bowmaster

finding gms

cant find the SS, but forging my first reverse bow on the first day of maker using PoTs bought from @Marksman Bryan, and it being above average

16. Default Re: What do YOU miss?

GPQ.

17. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

I missed when people considered training at FoG for exp. That was awesome. :(

18. Default Re: What do YOU miss?

OMG you were in Haven! I loved that guild <3

I miss speculating with my friends what the Ellinia six pathways station was for, and where it would lead to
    I remember when the website had a built in database with all the mobs/items etc, but they included the "Ossyria" mobs (we had no idea what/where ossyria was)
    and I would imagine that Crimson Balrog (the database said it was found at "skies above orbis" or something) was this ultimate soon-to-be-released boss
    My friends and I would talk about our ideas for how ossyria should look,
    Then being SUPER DISAPOINTED THAT IT HAD NO WORLD MAP once official servers came up and orbis was released.

19. Default Re: What do YOU miss?

Personal: I miss my IRL friends from 2005 and having connections/a more active BL+alliance. Was so much easier to go on runs then, but most of them quit or drifted off and I've done a terrible job of reintegrating. Hooray for asocial behaviour and existing in an anti-social timezone (GMT).

Game-wise: Original CWK/Phantom Forest, Bigfoot hunting (nabbing BFs in obscure maps before the big cheese leech sellers got them was fun and good EXP), Maker skill, GPQ definitely. I also miss the idea that you could play one character until the end of time, I really don't like the "billions of mules" and "make new characters that could be oh so much better than your old one if you just funded it!" model Nexon moved towards.

20. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Combobro
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 230
    Job: Aran
    Guild: SolarWinds
    Alliance: Dominion
    Arizona

There are so many things I miss (and things I don't miss)

The thing I miss the most would most likely be GPQ. While I only did it towards the end of pre-bb maplestory, it was super fun to do. It didn't focus on the parties power (except for ergoth), and instead it was focused on team work. I loved all the different jump quests inside of the party quest as well as the puzzles, and after knowing how to do that trying to finish the pq as fast as possible. This new way of getting guild points is just horrible and it seems to put a limit on how many you can get. It gives the most points to afkers pretty much, some people can't just leave their computer on 24/7 or they d/c from maple.

Other then that, I miss the old versions of KPQ, LPQ, and OPQ as well for somewhat similar reasons. Sure they were not giving out decent exp for quite awhile and were outclassed by many things especially before the revamps. I enjoyed going through these party quests with parties working together, I didn't care if it took an hour per pq, it was fun. I wouldn't have minded if they stayed being that long, but instead just gave out larger chunks of exp.

I'll also always miss the old Victoria island layout. It was fun to run around exploring that place, right now it is much of an exploration anymore. On that note I also miss how most hidden streets now have visible portals, I really enjoyed pressing up on random objects to see if a secret map was behind them, but this is no more now.

Lastly I really miss pre-bb masteria. Even before the maps were mutilated by that most recent patch, masteria was damaged by the bigbang patch. Wind raiders no longer were a decent training spot, which I felt was a good reward in the pre-bb days as a spot for people who were able to find it and pass the jump quest. Not just that, but the nerf that bigfoot and headless-horseman received also bothered me. I enjoyed being on my toes watching out for those bosses as I treaded carefully throughout the forest. It was also nice to have alternatives back then for gaining exp rather then just straight grinding, fight headless-horsemen for experience was a nice break from grinding.