1. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Default Jim Henson Company severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal toys.

Why did they break up with Chik-Fil-A? Because they were supporting anti-gay organizations. And how did they respond to this? By taking down their kids' meal toys and saying it was because of a 'safety issue.'

Chick-Fil-A Recalling Jim Henson Kids' Meal Toys As Partnership Severed Over Anti-Gay Donations

Just ridiculous. Covering up their bigotry like this AND supporting anti-gay organizations? I'm sorry but that's one less fast-food restaurant I'll be going to.

And all they seem to be doing is making it worse.
    Last edited by MariettaRC; 2012-07-25 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Oops, misspellings.

2. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

The way that the 'fake' facebook profile randomly added a bible number (number? chapter? verse? not sure on the term) at the end of their post reminded me of this:

Stewie: Great plan Lois! Hey, here's another idea: Ever read the bible? Leviticus 18:22!
    Brian : Stewie, you're judgmentally quoting bible verses and you don't even know how to read!
    Stewie : Welcome to America Brian.

3. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

I knew they supported anti-gay groups for eons, but they are so digging their own grave right now.

4. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

5. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

god damn it i got a biscuit from there today

sdajfsdlfhsdjj
    pineapple it i don't really go there anymore anyway

6. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

Chik-Fil-A? More like Chik-Fil-Nay!

7. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

Still better option than KFC (health wise).

8. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: BuffDaSnail
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: DrK!
    Guild: Irresistible
    Alliance: IrreForce
    California

Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

You just made my day. xD

On-topic: I will never, ever go to Chick-Fil-A again after what they have done so far. Their support of bigotry and continuing to push that agenda further is something I will absolutely not tolerate under any circumstances.

9. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

When you see the sign in the restaurant where it says closed on Sunday, I think we all should have realized that they had evangelical and christian views. Sad how a fast food joint gets involved.

10. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

They have the best waffle fries, too...

11. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

Am I seriously the only one now that doesn't gives a rats ass if chik-fil-a does or doesn't support anti-gay organizations? If I'm hungry, and I want some chik-fil-a, i'll go get some chik-fil-a if I want some goddamned chik-fil-a. I couldn't honestly give a pomegranate about either side now based on how both sides are acting.

This is almost as bad as people not eating oreos because of the rainbow thing. It's stupid and you all know it is.

12. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

Agreed. They are digging their own grave right now, and I'm a full-supporter of sexual equality and gay marriage, but I'm not gonna stop eating there because of this because they have damn good food. It's one of my favourite places to eat and there's no way I'm gonna stop eating there because of how ignorant the person at the top of the pyramid is.

13. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

I'm atheist, pro-LBGT, and I'll still go eat at chik fil a. I'm not the kind of person who would stop loving something because their opinion is different than my own. I feel sorry for people who let religion run their lives anyways. This is just the same thing.

if I boycotted chik fil a for having an opinion, I'd be no different than the people who boycott oreo for having theirs.

14. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

I agree with the sentiment to still eat at chik-fil-a.

Keep in mind that although the higher ups may be bigots... there's still people at the lower levels in the chain who DON'T share those feelings and still need to work and make a living. Do they really deserve to suffer closed down restaurants and possibly lost jobs just to 'get back at the jerks'?

15. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

I don't even know why people are shocked that a devout group of southern Baptists supports the "one man, one woman" definition of marriage when we haven't even moved past this as a country. My state (North Carolina) just wrote it into our constitution a couple months ago. I fully support gay rights and I voted against that amendment, but social change doesn't happen overnight. This is like complaining about racism at the beginning of the 20th century. I find the uproar over Chik-Fil-A's values to be completely ridiculous.

16. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

I'm not even that mad that they're anti-gay. An opinion is an opinion. But trying to cover it up is a bit dumb. >_> I mean, if they were so true to their beliefs, why do they feel the need to lie about the reasoning behind the toys being pulled off? They could have simply said that they no longer work with Jim Henson so they are no longer offering toys.

I just don't see the reasoning at all, honestly.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Apparently, lying is not a sin.

18. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: afeuicoku
    Server: Broa
    Job: Lifeguard
    Guild: Deaf
    Alliance: Tartarus

zzzzzzzzzzzz think about all the kids that didn't get their puppets :(

My brother tried to boycott chick fil a and failed :D

19. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

I'm more shocked you people think chick fil a is actually good food.

20. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

as compared to what? It's one of the better fast food restaurants. The only other fast food place I can think of on par with chik fil a is five guys