Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Cash0 KMST~~1.2.443 Lv.181 Angelic Burster Solo Zakum

so fast zakum solo

2. Default Re: KMST~~1.2.443 Lv.181 Angelic Burster Solo Zakum

Hmm, I gotta say... I do like this, mostly because the screen isn't filled with damage numbers.

3. Default Re: KMST~~1.2.443 Lv.181 Angelic Burster Solo Zakum

Are most of those attacks going over the damage cap?

4. Default Re: KMST~~1.2.443 Lv.181 Angelic Burster Solo Zakum

That actually seems really cool. I hated watching Luminous/Kaiser videos because the entire screen was just covered in numbers but even the AB Tempest skill seems pretty nice. The animation is a little over the top but the attack skills she used on the body looked awesome.

5. Default Re: KMST~~1.2.443 Lv.181 Angelic Burster Solo Zakum

How is she doing so much damage in kmst

6. Default Re: KMST~~1.2.443 Lv.181 Angelic Burster Solo Zakum

yes. 7 digit numbers.

7. Default Re: KMST~~1.2.443 Lv.181 Angelic Burster Solo Zakum

lol I meant so say How are most of those attacks going so far over the damage cap? I saw a 10mill crit hit in there at one stage.

8. Default Re: KMST~~1.2.443 Lv.181 Angelic Burster Solo Zakum

The 4th job skills have a high damage percentange, all of them doing over 1000%

9. Default Re: KMST~~1.2.443 Lv.181 Angelic Burster Solo Zakum

Oh. The class has different damage caps for different skills, mostly because their skills have such high damage%es it's likely any half-decently funded character will hit over max damage. (kind of like how Piercing Arrow has its own damage cap)

10. Default Re: KMST~~1.2.443 Lv.181 Angelic Burster Solo Zakum

That was way too slow. A godly funded Battle Mage could defeat Zakum in half the time it took for that godly funded Burster to do it.

11. Default Re: KMST~~1.2.443 Lv.181 Angelic Burster Solo Zakum

I'm sure we'll see much faster solos when it hits the live server.

This class looks fun overall, but the whole Soul recharge thing looks a little annoying rather than fun. You'd have to be very alert to notice that your skill didn't recharge. That could end up lowering overall DPS by quite a bit.

12. Default Re: KMST~~1.2.443 Lv.181 Angelic Burster Solo Zakum

If the MapleStory community were reasonable, they'd acknowledge the truth of your words. There's just one problem. The MapleStory community isn't reasonable. So while Nexon's trying to restrict, gimp and balance the class, it's ultimately pointless since players will ignore the fact that the drawback exists and instead qq about percents.

But in reality, the recharge system does appear to limit the effectiveness of Burster, since she can't simply spam skills and has to use vastly weaker ones in between.

Personally, while I was really psyched about the class originally, that Zakum vid made it look boring. Sure, there's large numbers. But a class needs more than just large numbers. Especially one that has to juggle skills and keep paying attention to an unnecessary drawback.

That Battle Mage revamp from June is still looking mighty fine in comparison to the Tempest classes, even if the DPS is lesser. At least it isn't periodically impotent like Luminous (Equilib), Kaiser (Transfig) or Burster (Recharge).

13. Default Re: KMST~~1.2.443 Lv.181 Angelic Burster Solo Zakum

So..... think they'll take measures to prevent people from just making an expedition full of cubed up Angelic Bursters (And maybe a Phantom or two for party buffs, Threaten, and Pouvoir Emprunte to deal with Damage Reflect.) and raping the Black Mage as soon as he's released?

14. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Default Re: KMST~~1.2.443 Lv.181 Angelic Burster Solo Zakum

You must like having to spam one skill for less dps than all of aforementioned characters.
    I hate classes without drawbacks.

15. Default Re: KMST~~1.2.443 Lv.181 Angelic Burster Solo Zakum

KMST...

16. Default Re: KMST~~1.2.443 Lv.181 Angelic Burster Solo Zakum

That still doesnt explain how/why they are able to or allowed to go over the damage cap. Are their skills not limited by the damage cap or have a built in exemption or something?

17. Default Re: KMST~~1.2.443 Lv.181 Angelic Burster Solo Zakum

Well, I'd prefer better DPS, but yes, the idea of being able to use whatever skills I want whenever I want appeals to me very much. Restrictions on gameplay make me a sad panda.

Yes, yes, I don't know jack about KMST and said something in err. Live and learn, though.

18. Neon Atom Straight Male

IGN: Huskey
    Server: KradiaEMS
    Level: 160
    Job: Aran
    Guild: UndiesPatrol
    Alliance: UndiesUnited
    netherlands

All you need to know about KMST and bossing videos is that the characters are unfunded as pineapple.

19. Neutron Female
    IGN: HEYsammi
    Server: Scania
    Level: 200
    Job: Evan
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    California

I agree with this, the massive clouds of numbers sort of annoy me...