Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: KMST~~1.2.442 Lv.171 DS Vs Magnus

lol.

>implying that every random group of 6-12 people out there should be able to take on every boss in the game. Go play WoW if you want gear handed to you on a silver platter. The whole point in MMOs is PROGRESSION. Improving your character by putting more time into it. You grind for levels, and farm money for better gear. Or find/craft it. Saying that better gear is a "luxury" is just stupid.

Nexon doesn't exploit people with their cubes or sales. People are just weak-minded and feel the NEED to buy into it.

2. Default Re: KMST~~1.2.442 Lv.171 DS Vs Magnus

Im more curious about why a 171 is trying to kill the game's newest end game boss.

Was anyone surprised that this DS got rocked? I'd like to see an adequately geared 200 try.

3. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Default Re: KMST~~1.2.442 Lv.171 DS Vs Magnus

What respect? You speak like viaje, only he knows what he is talking about most of the time, and isn't half as annoying as you.

The IS difficulty to this game, and understanding of a boss is required, and a lot of attention and experience of both the character and the boss.
    I can't begin to tell you how much of a failure i have had working with people because they didn't understand either their character or how to work the game and boss.
    Also, bosses on the high end should not be available to any person with only skill.
    Let me tell you something about how i feel about you're gap you think can be filled with money.
    Think about it this way....this game is a free game. We all know it, and there are no benefits to having money. Free to play games attract many people. There are plenty of people who are smart enough to do research, and study bosses. If we all had near exact equips due to money not being worth anything, and equips only do so much, where would we be? If things are free they are generally things that require you to have a little know how and spend time making money, but eventually free means that it is very easy to compare each other's ranges. In reality it is far harder to make bosses hard in a free game like this, and when you make them too easy the whole world can get the big stuff without less effort.
    Back then, all you needed was time and a little effort, and friends, by then you can get way too far. Just get 10 people and everyone can go zakum and make money! If we are going by your standards of "skill", the only thing you needed "back then" was time, a steady level(which goes with time) pots and friends. Everyone with know-how could be an OP person! It was easy, not hard. The gap between then and now was changed by nx, in an unfortunate break through, but the benefits are that you can see a true difference between who is someone who can do something and someone who has a long way to go. The smart people are the ones who are moderately better than others, and the smarter, and in some cases the wealthier make it to the top. You fight for people who don't put in effort or time. This game isn't breaking down because of cash. This game would be equal for everyone, and no one would feel powerful if this game was entirely free, and even if we got cubes free, the only thing that does is slow the process of strength down, but still leave an open ground. A developing game shouldn't go fast, but it shouldn't be impossible to be a cut above either.
    Any person who doesn't want to spend nx and be better solely needs willpower and time. That is a skill few have(you not being one of them, or the people you desperately defend).
    What is this, a meme site? I don't think you know Locked well at all. He is a smart and sophisticated person, but you don't see that over your constant insults and bleak look on both the community you assume he is part of, and the company holding the community down. You posts reek of garbage and nothing else.
    And why do you base your test of a hard boss on a 6 man party? If you want to fight pink bean unfunded you can, you just need people to do it with you. Pink bean can have over 6 people, and over 12 people. There are ways around being unfunded. Just because it takes more than 6 people in an unfunded party doesn't make it an impossible feat that is undeserving of anyones time. I actually find large runs more fun.

4. Default Re: KMST~~1.2.442 Lv.171 DS Vs Magnus

I don't know about you, there are many more freemium games other than maplestory where better gear and level is a necessity for high level bosses, if you don't have them you are likely to die asap at those bosses or barely be able to do damage to it. Different games have different mechanics, some games allow beginner players who just played the game for a few months to be able to kill any boss, while others it might take you a very long time to build up the items and levels you need to go defeat the boss even as a group. Also many large freemium games gives game advantages in exchange for money so it's not just maplestory. The term freemium means the game is free but to get full advantage of everything you would need money. Maplestory is fair and allows it's contents to be free but to get advantages of everything you need money, while there are worse games that won't even allow you to access certain area contents until you paid. If you do not realize this yet, then obviously you have not played a lot of freemium games.

5. Default Re: KMST~~1.2.442 Lv.171 DS Vs Magnus

What a goddamn boring map for such a "big" boss.

6. Default Re: KMST~~1.2.442 Lv.171 DS Vs Magnus

Damage reflect sucks only in GMS because it's glitched in bosses like PB and empress. I wouldn't say damage reflect is an absolute bullpomegranate in VL or Akryum because it works like it should, and you only need to pay attention to survive.

7. Default Re: KMST~~1.2.442 Lv.171 DS Vs Magnus

Are you referring to how it technically is turned on the SECOND they start the animation, instead of after the animation is done, or something else?

8. Default Re: KMST~~1.2.442 Lv.171 DS Vs Magnus

He's just showing us the battle so we get a look at his mechanics. He had no intention of actually killing him.

Expect similar videos for the Black Mage.

9. Default Re: KMST~~1.2.442 Lv.171 DS Vs Magnus

Yes.

10. Default Re: KMST~~1.2.442 Lv.171 DS Vs Magnus

I find it to be fair.
    The bosses where it instant kills can be timed easily, while the ones that take a second or two to kill you can't be timed.

11. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: KMST~~1.2.442 Lv.171 DS Vs Magnus

Unless it's "Party" Empress in which case it's impossible to time due to DR spam

12. Default Re: KMST~~1.2.442 Lv.171 DS Vs Magnus

That's a gms exclusive glitch