1. Default trouble getting evan/aran books

Is the drop rate at zakum a bug or intended?
    Killed him like 20 times now and so far I only got 2 useless dual blader books.. Its getting annoying how my lvl 145 evan still doesnt have flame wheel or magic mastery, I cant even find them in free market.

2. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: trouble getting evan/aran books

That does seem much worse than usual, but I can't really say it's a bug. You won't find them in FM because they aren't worth the price of a SOK. You'll just have to keep trying. Take a drop familiar or use family rep to improve your odds.

3. Default Re: trouble getting evan/aran books

Seems like czak doesnt have his drop rate reduced. My friend went to czak today on 1x drop and still got normal lvl 10 books. This really pineapples every evan up, cant they just remove the need of lvl 10 books already? All new jobs get them on advance anyway..

4. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

When nexon made zakum instanced, they lowered the drop rates to level off the fact that anyone can go in at any time(which, in my opinion, is a step back in finding the books).
    Chaos Zakum doesn't suffer this because it isn't instanced.
    Also... just wait for hilla, since she gives plenty of books i heard.

5. Default Re: trouble getting evan/aran books

Wait 2 months for my main attack in 4th job? pineapple no.

6. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    usa

2 months?
    If it is that much of a problem you can just Czak. If you have a good team/friends you can easily survive.

7. Default Re: trouble getting evan/aran books

Thats not the issue, its the fact that a level 120 job have to hunt a lvl 140 boss (or w/e chaos zak is) to get his main attacking skill, evans are slow as pineapple without flame wheel (at least its very annoying to use lvl 80 skills when you are lvl 145). In fact, killing czak is never 100% safe, you might die because of 1/1 seduce and that will increase the cost of either scissors or wheels. Why do jobs like bishop, evan, night lord & what else that need a book from zak suffer from this? Needing to get the book in the first place is annoying, why make it harder than it was before?

If you wanna do it that way, take ishtar rings away from mercedes, remove phantom's expert away, remove machanics laser, take wild hunters hurricane and put them all into lvl 10 books, force them to get books from zakum aswell.

8. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    usa

Don't know man, with a good bishop/team, czak seems pretty safe to me.

9. Default Re: trouble getting evan/aran books

The worst part about this is that aran/evan both need FOUR books in total from zakum. That's just insane.

10. Default Re: trouble getting evan/aran books

I agree so much with these. I'm currently 136 and have accepted I will not be maxing maple warrior, so at this point I'm just building up skill points since they have no where to go really. Adding on to the issue, I can't even get a decent shot for the books since my computer would more than likely lag badly with a team trying to take on zakum, and that's assuming I could even get people trust-worthy enough to join me (I have 2 people on my buddy list and an inactive guild). Plus I work 55 to 60 hours a week so the time to fight zakum isn't readily available. I think if Nexon is so dead set on keeping the skill books in, they should either make it fair (like stated above) or make them tradeable. I'm really tempted to just buy some NX so I can buy the SoK to get them from someone.