Thread: DayZ Lag?

1. Default DayZ Lag?

So I bought Arma 2 CO the other day excited for the DayZ mod. I load it up and lo and behold there is a CRAPTON of lag... if I set everything as low as possible with my 3D res at 1366 x 768 and the other one whatever it is at 1366 x 768. No post processing or any of that junk.

Yet I still barely squeeze out 28 FPS (average). If I stare at the sky I get around and above 40 FPS and at the ground, in the 33-40 range.

My CPU is running at 2.9 GHz with that turbo boost thing. I used Ramdisk to make a virtual hard drive with my RAM and that did increase the frame rate slightly, maybe a 4 or 5 boost (was originally like 21-23 FPS.

My power settings.

What am I doing here... this guy seems to be running the game (with normal/medium settings) with a GT540m and I don't really know what I could do to make my system better... unless he had a better processor or... more RAM???

I just don't know at this point.

DxDiag:

What should be handling PhsyX, the GT 540m right o_o

Last edited by Tristan; 2012-07-29 at 06:50 PM.

2. Default Re: DayZ Lag?

Probably you got a sh'it pre-instlalled version of Windows 7 that ASUS gave you. Get a CLEAN copy of Windows 7 and install it without all of their Asus non-sense on it. If not i'll get back to you and help you work it out.

3. Default Re: DayZ Lag?

The original OS on it was complete garbage but I just system restored from the recovery partition. And I got rid of all the bloatware that has no purpose.

Please help me :(

4. Default Re: DayZ Lag?

I want you to run GPUz and CPUz and I want full system specs. Go to canirunit and ss your results for Arma II and Arma II OA.
    Screen cap everything. Then screen cap your settings on DayZ.

5. Default Re: DayZ Lag?

I wonder why it says no PhysX... weird. Nvidia site shows that I support PhysX

Arma 2 OA: with DayZ mod running settings
    I have it at 1366 x 768 res and 3D res but cause it wouldnt let me use PUUSH I couldn't SS so had to go to windowed mode. Those are the exact settings I always use.

6. Default Re: DayZ Lag?

For one, set everything to Medium. Your Video Memory should be set to medium too you dumbnut.

7. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: DayZ Lag?

Yeah...that's probably why >_>.

8. Default Re: DayZ Lag?

Those settings - Pretend that Windowed is 1366 x 768 can't take SS in game.
    @Corn; @Derosis;
    18-22 FPS. What else should I do? Everything that can be disabled is being disabled. Let's see.

21-34 FPS... improvement... but...

This is in the middle of Arma gameplay... shouldn't at be running at more than that? O-o

9. Default Re: DayZ Lag?

You're expecting a lot out of a laptop aren't you?

10. Default Re: DayZ Lag?

Asus RoGs aren't run of the mill laptops, they're desktop replacements. Mine can run Arkham Asylum on full settings and Arkham City on high.