1. Default Two more men cured of HIV

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48338421.../#.UBLlG7Se5c8

Read article for fullness.

2. Default Re: Two more men cured of HIV

Nice as a "linking case", so to speak; giving them somewhere to work on better treatments, but this treatment itself, as they even said in the article, is not a great cure. Extremely painful and expensive and impossible to perform on millions of people. A great second step toward a full cure, though.

3. Default Re: Two more men cured of HIV

Somehwat implies that gene therapy could have similar success with a far less invasive application.

4. Default Re: Two more men cured of HIV

Yeah, later in the article it did. Pretty interesting to see the amount of progress they are making, both on HIV and on cancer.

5. Default Re: Two more men cured of HIV

I'm going to read the article after I get my coffee ready, reserving this space for a hell yes to humanity.

Ok I read it: It made my bones hurt.

6. Default Re: Two more men cured of HIV

Is there a journal article published relating to these cases? If so I am interested in reading it.

7. Default Re: Two more men cured of HIV

Paper's not out yet. They're just showing their results at a conference. Paper will come in due time. Nature has talked about this a little bit (but not about these 2 patients), and if a paper does come out they would probably talk about it again, of which I'll let you know.

Not a cure for the everyday people yet. These results merely back-up the previous Berlin case, but nevertheless does give some hope for the future.

Hadriel