IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default 2012 London Olympics

I was extremely surprised to not see this thread on Southperry yet.

London's opening ceremony was pretty neat. Loved the Voldemort. Not as good as China's obviously, but they did really good for the budget they had.

Quite pleased the introduction of the countries is moving faster than usual.

Can't wait to already see Phelps swim tomorrow.

2. Default Re: 2012 London Olympics

The excitement really built up when they reached the industrial part, and the ring being formed before being lifted up into the air. After that, it was all very confusing and random. It looked like a children's show.

I felt like the opening ceremony didn't do a good job of welcoming the foreign nations. The ideas shown weren't very universal; all of it was very specifically aimed to display the nation's history. I bet the rest of the world was confused at the whole thing. A good quote I read about the ceremony: "Sick kids being attacked by shaggy ninjas and puppets and being chased away by a military regiment of Mary Poppins, all under a guitar solo."

3. Default Re: 2012 London Olympics

Does a schedule of events exist?

4. Default Re: 2012 London Olympics

Piece of pomegranate.
    Can't drive anywhere now without taking ages coz of the new "Olympic lanes"
    Not to mention, once you do get to your destination there's now where to bloody park. Stupid dumb parking restrictions.

5. Default Re: 2012 London Olympics

I was expecting less than Beijing, but was pleasantly surprised up until the Industrial Revolution part too. That Asian and African-British(? What's the proper English description of Black people?) gentlemen were pretty cool; the odd choreography of the gentlemen needed some explaining. At that point, everything went down hill.

Everything in that so-called love-story into the Digital Age was pretty lame, the neon representation of the tube system was awful. I couldn't wait for that segment to be over. The announcers talked about how the actors had charisma, I saw none of it.

Mr. Bean? Must be a British thing. Kudos to the dancing doctors, some looked professionalish. Thumbs down to that segment as a whole, too.

I'm no professional, but I found the choreography as a whole, underwhelming. Also those light panels behind everyone, including the royals were distracting.

As for sport:
    I'm looking for a Federer career Golden Slam. I want Murray to break the hearts of the UK in an Olympic fashion and I'm not a big fan of Djokovic either. Further, Serena (and Venus) Doubles and Singles gold. Lastly, I'm interested who is paired up for the US in Mixed Doubles and how they will play.

Random Human Interest: South Korea's "blind" marksman, and South Africa's "Blade Runner".

EDIT: Ugh...I just looked at Federer's draw...-.-

6. Default Re: 2012 London Olympics

Pretty sure, over here, they're just called "Black"

7. Default Re: 2012 London Olympics

Mr. Bean was spot on! Couldn't stop laughing at that bit. Also noticed that pretty much every single Chinese athlete was waving a combination of the Chinese and U.K flag. That was pretty neat to see.

8. Default Re: 2012 London Olympics

Good thing I got shifted to a part time schedule; I work 4-11pm every day I'm on. Now I can watch this stuff.

9. Default Re: 2012 London Olympics

LOL the end of the opening confused the hell out of me xD I had no idea what happened when they started talking about the dating people.

Looking forward to Swimming the most, martial arts second, and then shooting/archery after. Almost all of these are done in like, the first day T.T

10. Default Re: 2012 London Olympics

http://www.london2012.com/schedule-and-results/

11. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

New_Jersey

Default Re: 2012 London Olympics

Excellent match for Walsh and May just now. Sure it's just a preliminary but that game point was intense.

12. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

It's spawned a new meme.

13. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

New_Jersey

Surprised Weiber didn't even qualify for all around. Dumb rule really, only allowing 2 per country. Hoping Maroney gets gold on vault.

Laughing at how French pulled at Lezac on America. PHELPS MIGHT NOT GET A GOLD LOLOLOL.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: BuffDaSnail
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: DrK!
    Guild: Irresistible
    Alliance: IrreForce
    California

Phelps dun goofed in the first swim finals event he was in, primarily because he didn't put enough effort in his training before. Hopefully this will be a huge wake up call that he needs to get his act together and haul ass before he (supposedly) retires from swimming for good.

15. Default Re: 2012 London Olympics

I cant stand Phelps, I was hoping he wouldnt win a medal at all.

16. Default Re: 2012 London Olympics

I really don't think Phelps cares about winning anything anymore haha. Every interview he seems like he just doesn't want to be there whatsoever. I always liked Lochte a lot more regardless! BRING HOME DA GOLD!

17. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Good yah, but his sense of fashion is just... just horrible

18. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

does he have domino's for teeth or what the pineapple is with that picture?

19. Default Re: 2012 London Olympics

Grills, son! Get with it bro!

Also: Men's relay got Lezak'd by the French -___- Fricken Lochte...

20. Default Re: 2012 London Olympics

Phelps did too many bong hits hahaha. I thought it was quite ironic how the french won this time around in nearly the same instance the USA won.

The female gymnastics was to fun to watch, I just find it weird that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM got out of bounds.