Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Two Million Dollar Medical Bill

Man faces $2,000,000 medical bill after suffering from the shooting in Colorado (Right eye removed as well as brain damage)

A man has to pay TWO MILLION DOLLARS for getting shot in a theater in which he had no control over? This is great.
    I'm not really sure what to think about all this except that the money that Warner Bros. donated should be heading in the direction of these bills...

3. Default Re: Two Million Dollar Medical Bill

That's a load of bullpomegranate. Why should he have to pay for something he didn't even do?

Granted he should have had insurance but even then that's a rediculious amount of money to expect someone to pay.

5. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: Two Million Dollar Medical Bill

REPUBLICANS

6. Default Re: Two Million Dollar Medical Bill

what
    no
    god dammit.
    WHY.
    Just because something is more severe does not pineappleing entitle you to all of that. Ugh, this is just going to devolve into another argument, I'm out of here.

7. Default Re: Two Million Dollar Medical Bill

I remember reading somewhere WB is going to assist with their medical bills, but I can't find where...

8. Default Re: Two Million Dollar Medical Bill

Now I have to ask because this response baffles me.

What exactly would you have him do? Deal with whatever bills Warner Brothers doesn't cover for the rest of his life?

9. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

UNITED STATES!

don't group the rest of us with that abomination of a healthcare

10. Default Re: Two Million Dollar Medical Bill

I live in Canada and don't consider myself American just because I live in North America. You South and Central Americans should do the same. America is synonymous with the US at this point.

11. Default Re: Two Million Dollar Medical Bill

CAPITALISM.
    Wait. I did that wrong.

12. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

only if we give up :(

13. Default Re: Two Million Dollar Medical Bill

Insurance is exactly that; insurance. If he doesn't have it, he doesn't deserve the benefits it gives. The people donating can do whatever they want with their money because it is THEIR MONEY, but it's this guilt-tripping mentality that everyone deserves everything that pushed them into thinking they should "do the right thing" and donate to him to begin with.

14. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Caleb Medley will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

15. Default Re: Two Million Dollar Medical Bill

USA! USA! USA!

Because if he lived in a country with socialized medicine, he would have died by now.

16. Default Re: Two Million Dollar Medical Bill

You can't guilt trip people to donate over the internet, that is one of its benefits. It is not the same as that young child staring at you with big hopeful eyes outside of the supermarket. People who donate do what they do because they want to do it.

17. Default Re: Two Million Dollar Medical Bill

Ah, but you can't avoid doing something that is ingrained into you from birth. Put it this way; would you sooner donate to a rapist, or a child with cancer?

Everything is societal morality; now, if you were told constantly as a child that rapists are mentally unstable and deserve the greatest amount of sympathy of anyone on the planet, and then told that anyone with terminal illnesses is hated by god and should be shunned because they are destined to burn in hell, the situation would be entirely different.

18. Default Re: Two Million Dollar Medical Bill

If I had to choose between one, but the reality is that no one is being forced to choose between anything here. They are provided an option and can refuse with no guilt whatsoever because no one knows.

19. Default Re: Two Million Dollar Medical Bill

Healthcare "insurance" isn't something that should be bought and sold, and pineapple you if you can't afford it and something untoward that was not your fault like, I dunno SOME LUNATIC BREAKING INTO THE CINEMA AND SHOOTING A TON OF PEOPLE. You shouldn't have to have any form of "insurance".

Man, pineapple those crazy people in america stopping you having the healthcare the rest of the developed world has.

Edit: And now we're comparing people with cancer to child rapists? Mother of god internet. You might as well have just gone all the way and implied donating to nazis so we could get Godwins law over and done with.

20. Default Re: Two Million Dollar Medical Bill

...Exactly where does it say he doesn't have insurance? You do realize, depending on specific contracts a healthcare agency can and will deny a certain portion of the price? It isn't like you just simply pay copay and that's it..