Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Default A more unique Ammunition System.

I'll try to think of something for Archers and Thieves, but for now I'll give my ideas as for what I think would make Corsairs much more interesting.

For those who don't know, Corsairs need to have bullets for their skills and basic attacks to work, which is logical. The problem is that bullets take up a massive amount of space in the Useable Items section of the inventory, and Nexon has already proven that they know how to make projectiles equipable so that they won't waist space for the user. Why they don't make the switch for the older ranged classes is beyond me. After all, they could just make the stacks into consume items that, when used, give the player a corresponding equip item; however, that seems boring, so I've spent some time thinking of a much more unique way of making ammunition for a character.

The system I've been thinking of involves a new type of equip item, some new Beginner Skills as well as new type of item crafting, separate from the profession system that is given as a Beginner Skill to Pirates when they advance.

First off, the new equip item:

Bullet Chambers: These items, while equipped, bring up a new menu on the UI that shows a number of chambers (the number of chambers depends on the equip). The most basic Chamber and an assembled projectile is awarded for advancing to a Pirate at level 10; the Chamber is also available from the Nautilus Weapons Merchant for 1000 Mesos along with an already assembled projectile to go in it for 500 Mesos. Dragging bullets to the chambers allows for the player to use those bullets, and using the "Revolve" skill will rotate the chambers clockwise; however, the player also has the option of simply clicking on the desired bullet to rotate the chambers directly to the desired ammo if needed.
    Spoiler

Now for the skills that are awarded upon advancing to the second job of Gunslinger:

Revolve: This skill rotates the chambers clockwise, allowing for quick selection of each bullet depending on the situation; however, the player also has the option of simply clicking on the desired bullet to rotate the chambers directly to the desired ammo if needed.

Ammunition Workbench: While in a town, using this skill brings up a menu for crafting bullets, cartridges, and powder, which are all used to create the ammunition. Depending on the different combinations of bullets, cartridges and powder, the resulting ammunition can come with many different bonuses.

Ok, now here are the components that can be crafted and then put together in order to make the ammunition that goes into the Chambers.

Cartridges: These are much less diverse than the other components that make up the ammunition, and all give about the same bonuses that simply get better as the quality of the cartridge increases. Better Cartridges have more slots to hold Powder (thus more bonuses) and higher caliber Bullets (more attack power). Incidentally, the cartridge is what determines which type of bullet shows up on screen.
    Spoiler

Bullets: These provide the most standard bonuses. While a bit unrealistic, the bullets fit any caliber cartridge (I doubt this system needs to get any more complicated).
    Spoiler

Gun Powder: Gun Powder provides variations of the different Potential bonuses, as well as a few bonuses that benefit specific skills or skill delays. Each powder takes up a certain number of slots within the Cartridge, so stacking the best ones is impossible.
    Spoiler

Alright, here are some of the recipes I've been thinking of, but keep in mind that it's a work in progress. I'm thinking of making the best components take some rather hard to get materials to try and reward the hard working and patient over others.

Chamber Recipes:
    Spoiler

Cartridge Recipes:
    Spoiler

Bullet Recipes:
    Spoiler

Powder Recipes:
    Spoiler

Alright! Got the recipes in there. I appreciate all of the opinions I've been getting guys, and a special thanks to Razmos for pointing out some of the glaring flaws in my ideas.
    Last edited by Sorien; 2012-08-10 at 03:49 PM.

2. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: A more unique Ammunition System.

I really like this idea, it would definitely make it more interesting, especially if the Revolve skill can be used in combat to randomly change bullets with a cooldown. It kinda builds more on the gambling aspect of pirates, like the dice skill.

And I wouldn't say it's overpowered, i'm guessing that getting a 20% Boss Damage, 6% total damage bullet would take some pretty rare materials.
    Though I would say that the Attack bonuses are laid on pretty thick. A Master's Cartridge with 6 Red Gunpowder 4 would be a total of 78 attack... which is a lot for an ammunition to have.

3. Default Re: A more unique Ammunition System.

This is brilliant.
    The only thing is, that nexon won't do anything about it, because the system takes more time than slamming in a bullet with potential on it.

4. Flatpanel TV Straight Male

That's what I get for neglecting to proofread after Copy Pasting so many times. I'll get to editing that right away.

On that note, I just realized that there's no difference between using four of some of the low grade powders and using one of the high grade ones. I'm going to need to change that as well.

5. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

One more thing!

You say that all pirates level 10+ get the revolve skill and the Recycled Cartridge, but you might want to limit that to 2nd Job Gunslingers. It would ultimately be a pointless beginner skill for a Brawler to have. And there are no real bonuses at that low a level anyway. It's also too complicated a system for 1st job, but fits in nicely in later jobs (kinda like how 3rd job pirates used to need advanced elemental bullets)

6. Flatpanel TV Straight Male

^ Good point. I mostly put those basic items in there so that first job gunslingers would have something to use as a projectile. I guess I could have it so the Basic Cartridge, Basic Bullet, and Basic Gunpowder are all auto-assembled and given to starting Pirates and have the chamber and assembled projectile available from the Nautilus Weapons Merchant for those who drop it.

7. Default Re: A more unique Ammunition System.

This is an amazing idea. So you basically are able to create your own ammunition? E.g. : i combine masters cartridge, pellet round and Black Gunpowder 4.

8. Default Re: A more unique Ammunition System.

Interesting idea. It just seems like too much overhead for a single class to use (Chambers, Cartridges, Bullets, Gunpowder). If there was somehow a unified system for all of the classes that consume Use items for attacks, it may be warranted.

9. Default Re: A more unique Ammunition System.

Once the system is developed, it can just be reskinned for other jobs. For example, archers would have a Quiver (Chambers), Shafts (Cartridges), Arrow Heads (Bullets), and Fins (Gunpowder). As far as the game data goes, they'd just need three new types of items for the "parts" and a single UI reskin to make it look like a revolver / quiver. Afterall, they lump a lot of the secondary weapons together as "Equippable Projectiles" according to the extractions (merc arrows, mech magnum, phantom cards, etc.)

10. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

Now what would they do with stars?

11. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Poison mixing?
    Mixing Kit (Chambers), Base (Cartridges), Toxin (Bullets), Catalyst (Gunpowder)

12. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

But we already posion our stars

13. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Just a suggestion :P

14. Flatpanel TV Straight Male

Ok, I put in my ideas for the recipes that could be used for making the components. Let me know what you think, everyone!

15. Default Re: A more unique Ammunition System.

Slight typo there.
    But otherwise, this is pretty interesting.

16. Flatpanel TV Straight Male

Ok, fixed the typo. Thanks for pointing that out!

17. Default Re: A more unique Ammunition System.

How would this work with Soul Arrow, Shadow Stars and Infinite Bullet?

18. Default Re: A more unique Ammunition System.

Divine intervention

19. Flatpanel TV Straight Male

I'd imagine the buffs could be taken out and replaced with real skills. Maybe have Shadow Stars replaced with Advanced Dark Sight, and I'm sure Archers wouldn't complain if they were to get Power Knockback as a replacement for Soul Arrow if they were to get this system. As for Wild Hunters, I personally wouldn't complain if they were to give us a passive buff that would make Call of the Hunter into a more useful skill. Not sure about what Gunslingers would get as a replacement for Infinite Bullets... Maybe give them Grenade again, but make it charge 3x faster and have actually large and powerful explosion?

20. Default Re: A more unique Ammunition System.

Why would we want Power Knockback back? We don't have a minimum range anymore and we can easily KB monsters with our regular skills. Also Snipers get Dragon's Breath.

Dark Sight isn't really all that useful for NLs really, especially since it offers no defense against Magic Attacks and can't be used offensively.