Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Eos Scammed Me. Bi Male
    IGN: Ryninagha
    Server: Windia
    Level: 16x
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: EmoCorner
    Alliance: EmoNight

Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

I suppose that you will also be avoiding items such as “Brawny” paper towels, “Angel Soft” toilet paper, “Dixie” paper products as well as numerous other name brands. These are all made by Georgia-Pacific, which is owned by Koch Industries, which is owned by the Koch family, which sometimes donates to tea-party affiliated organizations, which sometimes protest gay marriage. And when I say sometimes, I do mean quite frequently.

Don't know who the Koch family are? Look them up, they pretty much have a hand in almost every line of business in America.

Gotta love the misinformed.

2. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

Any money given to a church is not taxed. The only thing taxed is the Pastor's direct salary, and even that depends on what they claim as salary. Pretty sure they don't pay property tax directly on the church either.

3. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

surprised he didnt enslave you... since you know, he operates on the 'biblical principles'...

4. Eos Scammed Me. Bi Male

Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

And every Muslim is a radical terrorist that wants to blow up your house.

Harsh over-generalizations are fun.

5. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

every homosexual has AIDS

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

6. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

well hey, mr kathy is the one that wants to operate his business under traditional 'biblical principles'... he shouldnt hire women either.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Huh?
    While the bible doesn't disapprove of slavery, it doesn't require it. Paid employees are ok too.

8. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

NOT true. Churches like any other organization dont get taxed on items they buy for specific use for the church. As are any sales, its a nonprofit for a reason, anything the buy have to be seen as neccssities. Also vehicles are hit by a dmv income tax not a state income tax. From my experience the dmv doesnt take nonprofit certificates. And all those purchases are scrutinized by field auditors by yearly, cus state paid legalization has to make sure they arent exploiting the certificate.

9. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

10. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

This thread is full of laughs. I find it sad that people won't eat at a restaurant because of one mans religion. He just doesn't open the damn restaurant on Sundays because of his religion. He hires everyone regardless of their religious beliefs and their sexuality.

Both sides have been blowing this situation out of sensibility, and I'ts almost like a terrible joke. Still talking about this today is rather depressing.

11. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

It's not because of his religion, it's because he's FINANCIALLY supporting discrimination. You might say "but it's his money!" But where does he get that money? Any homosexual who continues to eat there is literally doing themselves a disservice.

Though protesting is stupid, I do agree with the boycott simply on the principle that you shouldn't give someone money so they can use it to oppress you.

12. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

But I've never heard of this organization[s]. If you find the said organization[s], that is not religiously affiliated, then I'm all aboard. But until then, they're supporting christian organizations that do not agree with homosexuality. I'm no christian man myself, but if any general knowledge about the religion itself you'd know they don't hate anyone. My friends had chick-fil-a put them through college, both straight and gay, through their scholarship program. If anything, I'll always believe both sides are blowing this up too much, both the chick-fil-a thing and the kiss in thing, and if anything the Kiss-in thing is just really stupid. No one want's to see anyone make out in public; it's gross, take it somewhere else.

Ffs, why did I bring myself into this thread. <Facepalms>

13. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Am I the only one who thought "Chik-Fil-A" was some random celebrity and not a restaurant?

14. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

New quote of the day.

15. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

16. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

...What? That's not what you said at all.

Any money given to a church is not taxed.

That is not a true statement.

http://business.marylandtaxes.com/ta...exemptions.asp

Your point is that they cost us millions of dollars because of what the law considers "Sales by churches or religious organizations for their general purposes.". You posted a blog about an opinion, this is how the entire process actually works. They can't sell cookies and pocket the money to buy a car. They have to show where that money is going too and is reviewed by legislative auditors twice a year. I've personally found some underhanded churches and took part in closing some down. One was actually a drug cartel.

17. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

All I see is people wanting tolerance and respect, while not willing to give tolerance and respect. Hey people, not sure if you know this, but it goes both ways.
    Last edited by Forte; 2012-08-07 at 04:23 PM. Reason: EDIT: double this removed.

18. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

an eye for an eye makes the world go blind

19. Default Re: Jim Henson Compant severs ties with Chik-Fil-A; CFA lies about their kids' meal t

Oh man you did all that? Modern day Dark Knight. I'm sorry that I think churches should be treated like a business rather than a charity drive. I happen to think $71,000,000,000 is a lot of money. Someone with your super hero status might think that's chump change though.

20. Eos Scammed Me. Bi Male

Completely misused that quote, brew.