View Poll Results: Is your current main/first 200 also your first main?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, my current main/level 200 was the first one I played.

46 34.59%
  • No, I have changed mains before my first 200.

30 22.56%
  • No, I have changed mains before settling on this one.

33 24.81%
  • I change characters constantly, I have no "main" character.

24 18.05%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Default Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

This goes for both the ones who got to 200 and the ones who are still working on that.

When you first started playing, do you still play the same character you started out with so long ago? Or did you quit part of the way through for a character you felt was better? For the level 200s, was your first level 200 the same character you started out with or is it one you replaced a previous main with?

Maybe the new classes were a lot more appealing and you dumped your old character for that. Maybe you decided to look at other adventurer classes and found one that was a lot better to play with. Maybe you lost your first character and decided to start over as something else. Maybe revamps made your old class feel not as fun, or perhaps they improved your old class and you went back to that. Maybe you stuck with that character through thick and thin, no matter how much Nexon created classes that overshadowed it.

I'm mostly curious to see how many actually stuck with what they started with or decided that other classes were better to play with in the long run.

I myself actually started out as an I/L Mage when I started playing. I never got past 52 (this was when leveling was actually slow as hell), but then I made an archer in Windia, not because I was bored of my I/L but because a friend wanted me to play with him there and I thought "well, I have a main in Bera, would be kinda redundant to make another I/L. Archers seem rare, I'll try that." My archer was a side-character for the first... 30 levels or so.

Obviously I ended up replacing my I/L; turned out I had a much better time playing a hunter. Didn't main any other class ever since. I even remade my ranger after getting hacked, without a second thought of changing my class.

EDIT: I completely misworded one of the poll options but oh well, the point gets across. :< Should have been current main/first 200 for the first option.
    Last edited by MariettaRC; 2012-08-19 at 06:59 AM.

2. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

Funny Marie, I had the exact opposite happen to me.

I made a hunter to start with, but I never made it passed level 23 (or something?). Training was incredibly hard, and I really didn't understand how KB worked then, so I was always getting trampled by mobs. I gave up on training on kind of just hung around at that point, making different characters, trying to find a play style I like. I finally settled on an I/L mage because I had been inspired by a certain YouTuber playing an I/L mage back in the day. Her videos with hard rock, sped up animations, and crazy parties/bossing really made me go, holy crap I/L are the sht! So with the help of some friends, I got my I/L well up to 120+.

She isn't 200 yet (147), but I hope one day she will be c:

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

Not exactly my first character, as that one was ruined through extreme ignorance ("balanced" stats) and was ditched around level 16.
    But my second character, a remake of the first with the same hair and face and intended job of warrior, is still my main to this day (even though it's been 200 for over a year now). As opposed to "my pally", "my bishop", "my phantom", etc, she is not "my hero". She is me.

4. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

Not my first character, but it was my first character I ever got past 10x on and I've stuck with it ever since.
    The first character I ever made was also a F/P magician though.

5. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

Short answer, yes and no, although not really. Long answer, down there.

My first character when I started playing for real was a lvl 80something hermit named AdventurerD whom I eventually became fed up with, and switched to a Wind Archer of all things when they came out. I decided my goal would be to somehow take part in killing horntail with that guy (although that never happened, I did fight Zakum) Clearly with a max level of 120 I couldn't stay on him forever, as much as I loved him. But then, Ultimate Explorers came out. Without a second thought I made him a bowmaster, efficiency be damned.

I thought that bowmaster would be my first 200, but that didn't happen. Got to 170+ through sporadic playing, then phantoms came out. Needing a name, I deleted my old hermit that I didn't play anymore, and used that. The plan was to level one to 70 to get a bit more crit for my bowmaster, who I wanted to reach max crit on. Except as it turned out I really loved playing my phantom. A month later, AdventurerD, still a thief of some kind, and the first character I played, hits level 200. MAYBE HE WAS PHANTOM ALL ALONG?

6. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

My very first character is called wieremanoel (I was 13 back then i'm 20 now).
    The reason i took that name was because it's my first and last name reversed.
    Noel Wierema -> wieremanoel. So yeah, very crappy.

He was a Page in Khaini and it took me two years (I was only allowed to play 1 hour a day) to get to Lv 62.
    After that I made wieremanoel2 and wieremanoel3 a crappy assasin/bandit.
    Eventually all my friends who could still play were in Windia so I moved over there a few years ago.
    The first character I made was SilverBladez and got it 130+ before bigbang. Ever since bigbang came
    I quit it and made a DarkKnight called TimelessDead. Until I got lv 160 I loved it but the warrior
    revamp kinda killed Drk's for me.

I thought let me pick up my abandoned Lv 120 paladin called DeadPaladin I liked but sucked so bad....
    I finally got ACB and I started loving my paladin. I transferd everything from my Drk and funded it as much as I could.
    I know for sure i'll never get another main.

UNLESS they release a two handed mace class what will never happen.
    The end.

7. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

Now that I think about it, I shouldn't have chosen the very last option. Yes I do change my mains often, but my first 200 was not my first character.
    Usually the way it goes is, a new job that I like comes out, I get it to 200, I move on to the next job in 6 months.

8. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

I stuck with my first character, a Night Lord for the longest time. Some months or year after I hit 200 I got wind of the revamp and felt it really destroyed the class, so now I main a Blade Master which I plan to stick with unless they ruin it in the same way they did NL.

9. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

Long story here, was my very early Mapling times:
    Spoiler

I started playing GMS about a year ago. I trained a Chief Bandit because of the new revamped Shadowers after Big Bang and wanted to try it out because I thought it was very interesting. I soon got bored because it seems that melee classes don't favor me that much (they train slower and hit slower because they have to walk up to the monsters).

Then I quitted for a few months before starting a Mercedes. I really liked Mercedes' storyline and playstyle (extremely mobile and has fast attacks) so I stuck with her until level 200 :)

10. Mercury
    IGN: 0Chuey0
    Server: Windia
    Level: 207
    Job: Hero
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire

I joined in 2008 with some friends of mine and everyone thought I was silly for wanting to play a hero since one of our friends already had a fighter. I didn't care though and it was literally the only character I've played. I remember trying out a Blaze Wizard the first time Cygnus Knights came out and then an Aran, but I never got far with either. (BW deleted, Aran is storage) My hero is now 175 and my next highest level character is 71. (deleted a 77 mech though some time ago)

If not obvious enough, my first character is really my only one, all these new ones I have are to get skills for the hero! I'm lazy as it is and am amazed that people have the willpower to get so many 200s, no matter how easy or meaningful it is anymore.

So yeah. I enjoyed writing this post, felt a bit sentimental. But I'm also very tired, I might just be losing my mind. :P

11. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

I feel no. 2, 3 and 4 apply to me in some way or another.
    I've been in Windia since it's 1st day. My original 1st char was a I/L. Currently sitting at 171, retired for the time being.
    I like to change up my characters from time to time. My 1st actual 200(a Paladin) was earlier this year in January, followed by another(a DemonSlayer) in April.
    Currently main-ing a Phantom.

I like building sets, and building on them slowly. I 1st decided this "set" spread a little after BB when lvling got a little easier.
    Currently only have a Warrior set and a Thief set that are 120+

My Warrior set currently is:
    Aran: 160
    Hero: 164
    Pally: 200
    DrK: 160
    DS: 200

My Thief set atm is
    NL: 145
    Shad: 134
    Phantom: 188

Also currently in the making is a Mage set and an Archer set. Wasn't gonna bother with a Pirate set, but Angelic Bu(r)ster looks tempting...

12. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

Back in MapleSEA, I mis-assigned TWO I/L, and it simply cannot proceed past 25, so I remade a third I/L... I managed to crawl to 13X, but now it's hacked...

My BaM's my first GMS character, and it's going strong, despite many other chars' distractions...

Hadriel

13. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

I stopped playing my Dark Knight for a number of reasons, it's abandoned in a server that I no longer play in, the numerous revamps slowly killed all the fun that I derived from playing a Dark Knight (why does Berserk work with high HP, that doesn't even make sense) after getting GM police banned back in December I wasn't able to world transfer before they were taken out so I have no reason to play it at all now. I occasionally log in for nostalgia but that's about it. If it was in my current server I probably would a little more.

I stopped playing my Shadower (new main in new server when I started playing again last year) because they feel too bulky after the revamp, and Phantom/Dual Blade are very shiny and entertaining to play, and I can transfer my existing equips over without needing to remake all my gear.

14. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

I am a huge switcher. I will wait to post the rest until I get on the computer, but my future plan is Luminous in Nido and Mech in Bera.

15. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

I have a problem training characters past 120-140. Most of my 4th job characters are at 140 or near it

16. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

Character hopped for a long time before sitting down and playing one to 120 (dual blader, pre-bb). Gave up on her because DBs sucked at training post BB and made a Sair, which I got to 165 with the introduction of LHC. Made a few more 120s (MM, WH) and server switched with a large group of people from Kradia to Bellocan, and made a bunch of other characters (Hero, Cannoneer, Mercedes, Demon Slayer) which I got to around 140-150, and finally made a Shad which I've mained for the longest so far (got to 190). Made the Shad pre-revamp and messed around more with it post-revamp. Currently transferred all my gear to a new DB (which I hope to get to 200) and will go back and get my Shad to 200 once I get bored of my Dual Blade.

I think my "boredom point" is around the mid 140 mark too.. Training at LHC starts to slow down, or at least feels like it does.

17. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

I remember my very first character, over in EMS. "Kampfgeist." At around level 9, I had 16 of every stat. Yep, I was an allrounder, beat me.
    I turned into a Bowman at 11, and after a lot of time, I was 42 with my Ugliest character. Partically same level for months. Pre-BB.
    He now lives on in my Windian Brawler. I still have my battleghost inside of me.

18. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

My first carecter that I actually played got deleted due to having bad stats and it would have just barely been able to equip the level 30 gear. Later I would go on to remake him into my current shad (same name in all) but I haven't considered him my main bedsides pre bb. After BB hit I kinda slow switched over to making my f/p my main who stayed my main untill recently. Now I have no clue who should be my main

19. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

I started as a cleric, back in 2006, and left it after lvl 54 in late december of 2006, after that I played almost all classes until 60-70, being the most important one a Crusader that was pretty cool but then Aran appeared in MSEA, My friends and I were tired of the hacking in GMS so we went to MSEA, we created cygnus knights and reached lvl 80-90, then MSEA released Aran and I tried it, ironically I didn't like Aran's play style, thinking that it was dumb, after finishing the storyline (and moving back to GMS), learning how to play it correctly and some situations that pushed me to lvl even more (like finding a chaos scroll when they were pretty valuable, meeting some cool people, etc) and When I realized I was 110 already (Pre big bang), then I quit for a Dawn warrior, i get it to 120 and then I felt like playing my old aran again after big bang, Arans were a lot weaker but for some reason their play style got even better, I got to 140-50 and then UAs came and I created a Corsair got it to 128 and then went back to aran and got it to 200. Aran is the only class I really enjoy, being the closest ones Corsair and Hero.

20. Default Re: Have you stuck with the same character you first started out with?

SarahBam is still my only love. I LIKE my Mercedes a lot but I just have too much invested in Bam. Not to mention that she somehow got ridiculously powerful during one of the revamps (last time I played her I was complaining about being underpowered as an average player. That is no longer a problem.) So she is actually a lot of fun to play right now.