Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Kaiser's % ATK buff

I was wonder how does Kaiser's %ATK buff stack with potential that gives %ATK.

Someone smega'd a 21% ATK Dragon Emblem and I was wondering if it would be better than say, Total/Boss damage.

2. Default Re: Kaiser's % ATK buff

Dragon Emblem's can't get boss damage, and Total Damage and %ATK both affect your damage equally.

3. Default Re: Kaiser's % ATK buff

It should stack additively if it works the same as all other classes with a %atk skill.

4. Default Re: Kaiser's % ATK buff

%WATK is different than Total Damage. Kaiser's Attack Mode and 3rd job buffs are both Total Damage.

5. Default Re: Kaiser's % ATK buff

Adding to Joe's post, it says it's % Attack in-game, it is not, it is most definitely % Damage.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Kaiser's % ATK buff

Oh, so ATK mode gives you +30% Total Damage and not +30 Attack?

7. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

that's pretty bad news to boss damage, but i guess it makes the above item all the better then.

8. Default Re: Kaiser's % ATK buff

Last I checked, Attack Mode was +10% Damage at 4th job.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Yeah, but I thought all attack modes stacked, thus giving +30% Damage at 4th job? Is that not the case? The +Crit does and gives me an extra 20% Crit rate.

10. Default Re: Kaiser's % ATK buff

You're talking about the Attack. I'm talking about the Boss Damage. Yes, it gives 30 Attack at 4th job. It gives +10% Boss Damage.

11. Default Re: Kaiser's % ATK buff

Weird, %total damage on equips doesn't show up in my range, but these do.

12. Default Re: Kaiser's % ATK buff

If I were to cube just 1 thing for my Kaiser, would you suggest I do my emblem, or shield?

13. Default Re: Kaiser's % ATK buff

The Dragon Essence can't be cubed (no way to unequip) so I guess the emblem's your only option.

My Kaiser's attack mode doesn't actually add total damage - it's strictly +30 w.atk as far as I can see. Catalyze does bump my damage up near exactly 30% though (29.998%)

14. Default Re: Kaiser's % ATK buff

Total damage and % att affect your range equally. Total damage is reflected in the displayed hit
    Att is reflected in your range.

15. Default Re: Kaiser's % ATK buff

Wow, thanks for all the great replies.

No wonder Luminous and Kaiser have such ridiculous damage at low levels. They get +% damage from their passives...

16. Default Re: Kaiser's % ATK buff

Total damage % does not show up in range. Damage% from skills is treated as %att however, which does show up in range.

17. Default Re: Kaiser's % ATK buff

I didn't say it did. I said that total damage is reflected in the visible hit

and that att% is visible in your stat window range

the only difference is that you don't see the change total damage applies until you hit something and it procs that extra damage

100-100 range, 21% att, range displays as 121-121, you'll hit a 121

100-100 range, 21% total damage, range displays as 100-100, you'll hit a 121

18. Electron Straight Male

IGN: ManCakesXD
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 177
    Job: Cannon Master
    Guild: DangoSoul
    Alliance: CookieJar
    Georgia

I saw a thread on basilmarket where a guy figured out how to cube it. I think they just dragged it on it? My memory is a bit foggy.

19. Default Re: Kaiser's % ATK buff

Hmm ok

That's not entirely accurate though, since it depends how much total and att% you currently have. If you already have +15% total damage (t10 dojo glove), an additional +21% total damage is going to do less than +21% att.

And of course total is additive with boss, so that's another thing that makes total dmg% worse.

20. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Wait, I thought that %Att increases the character's attack based on their current weapon/magic attack, but with the way people are talking it sounds like %Att actually increases the character's overall damage range based on their current damage instead.

Was I wrong, or does %Att increase the character's weapon/magic attack?