Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [JMS] JMS v301 - Hayato

1. Default Re: v301 - Hyato

Ive seen only half of the skill animations and I can already tell this job looks totally amazing. Anyone saying that it's attack range doesn't fit it, should go look at Kaiser.

One thing that I really love about this job is that, all of the skills look awesome while still looking moderate. They did an excellent job with the colors and amount of pixers the animations have.

2. Default Re: v301 - Hyato

N-no! I don't think JMS has cool new classes. They're dumb... b-baka....

3. Default Re: v301 - Hyato

Is that skull his exclusive 'Darkness' debuff effect?

If so, what is this? :c

4. Default Re: v301 - Hyato

THANK YOU FIEL! :333333

Oh god, I'm so happy to see these extractions. I can't wait for the game to go live. VIDEOS COMING SOON.

5. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Default Re: v301 - Hyato

How about skill translations first?

6. Default Re: v301 - Hyato

Ooh. They get a new outfit at every advance.

7. Default Re: v301 - Hyato

I just woke up and Locked said he was working on them, so... xd

8. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Hoping this comes to GMS without any animation changes (unlike Dragon Warrior). Assuming Nexon America feels like making another "exclusive" job like Jett sometime in the near future.

9. Default Re: v301 - Hyato

Dat MW & HW - too exclusive, not even close to how DS MW is..

This looks like many jobs mashed up together for a few skills. , but I'll still have to say Hyato > Jett/DWarrior.

I see:
    Slash attacks look to be in the format of Aran Swings.
    Venom in 3rd
    Arcane Aim in 3rd - when successfully avoiding an attacking, 60% chance, 6% damage, 5 stack
    Cannon Overload in 4th - 35% defense ignore, 30% damage
    Counter Crush in 4th - 20% chance to counter with 195% damage

I'll say it again.. Hyato > Jett/Dragon Warrior

I don't seem to see any basic mastery skill in 1st or 2nd job? Is their mastery skill in Beginner?

10. Default Re: v301 - Hyato

Why is looking at this just making me more pissed off at GMS?

11. Default Re: v301 - Hyato

I'm assuming it's there's a 60% chance of giving you 6% damage when you successfully avoid a monster's attack.

Also, I didn't see any mastery either, I would assume it'd be in beginner, but we'll just have to wait and see... I mean, a class that doesn't have mastery? Okay, well at least in the present day, it's unheard of.

12. Default Re: v301 - Hyato

Because it's an actual thought out class, and not a Corsair reskin. It has skills that in no way exactly mimic another class. This feels more like an actual Maplestory class, not something thrown together under the pretense of 'exclusive'. They took time, made an original class that fits in with JMS and the region that hosts it. Hell, they made two.

You don't see America getting some kind of... what would be unique for GMS anyway?

Oh right. Aliens.

13. Default Re: v301 - Hyato

Yeah, misread that lol. It seems to be when you successfully avoid an attack.

14. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

What if JMS says "NO, this is our (Truly) exclusive job for our version, CMS had the Dragon Warrior and Gms the Jetts, so leave our (Truly) exclusive job alone you filthy americans!"

15. Default Re: v301 - Hyato

Can you really even compare Hayato to Jett/DW? I mean, it's gameplay might be reminiscent pf Aran and DemonSlayer but, those jobs also take elements from other ones. There is no way to make a totally original/unique class when there are at least 20 different jobs in already existance. The only true unique elements of Aran and DS are the combo system and the demonforce drain ability, for all the rest they share many similarities with other jobs.

If anything, I would say this job is a combination of the concepts for warrior and bandit; defense and strength, with all the speed and flashiness of a MS bandit. In any case the quality of the animations and even the hit effects is so high that looking into the gameplay similarities would be nitpicking.

16. Default Re: v301 - Hyato

ROMAJI OR DIRECT ENGLISH TRANSLATIONS FOR THE NAMES?

Some of these are pretty bad when translated to english.

Joe made me ask.

17. Default Re: v301 - Hyato

Do whatever is easiest. Don't make it too hard on yourselves.

18. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

There is still room for originality (Looks at Phantom Impeccable Memory), but yeah its actually really rare to see truly original content. DragonWarrior/Jetts looks to me like a Smashup of Post Revamp Pirates (Corsair+Buccaneer), still havent seen much of the Hayato class, but at least JMS had the decency to make their own copypasta from other jobs rather than just take what another version did and just reskin the skills and make the Story a lil different.

(Oh and JMS its doing two exclusive classes + JMS do a lot of original content for their own which is why i don't "Hate" Jms as much as Gms)