IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Kaiser Skill Build

You cannot. Trying to use said skill gives you an error.

2. Lead Ball

IGN: KomodoreJP
    Server: GMSKradia
    Level: 200
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Motown
    Alliance: Dominion
    Louisiana

Regarding Hyper Skills, what is the generally used build for Kaisers? I'm primarily looking at the Passive Skill Buff section, since the rest is pretty self-explanatory. I was thinking Gigas Wave Damage+Hits, Wingbeat Duration+Hits, and Inferno Breath Duration.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Gigas Wave - Reinforce
    Gigas Wave - Bonus Attack
    Wingbeat - Reinforce
    Wingbeat - Extra Attack
    Inferno Breath - Burn

Joe gave the most optimal setup, but the current problem is the "Flame" damage from Inferno Breath is broken, so you're better off using Inferno Breath - Reinforce for the time being.

4. Default Re: Kaiser Skill Build

Do hyper skills have a level req?

How does hyper skill SP work?

5. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

http://orangemushroom.wordpress.com/...-hyper-skills/

Exact same as in KMS.

6. Default Re: Kaiser Skill Build

Wing Beat duration is useful if you do single target or let the things wander around, but if it hits more than one target, it will disappear before the full duration. The range is another limiting factor in having duration be useful in cases where you let the tornado walk around. Likewise, Extra Attack won't help single target since it will expire after 10 seconds before reaching the full number of hits.

7. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

had to alter the build a bit, turns out the stone dragon is great for KS wars, since it can solo a platform if you can deal the damage.

8. Default Re: Kaiser Skill Build

Would it be a bad idea to just take all 3 wingbeat hypers and skip the inferno breath one, then? It's definitely not worth using while it's bugged, but even if it worked correctly I don't see myself using it that often.

9. Default Re: Kaiser Skill Build

Having the Wingbeat duration hyper brings your 1v1 up ~1.05x compared to ~1.01x with Inferno Breath duration instead, but Wing Beat duration has no effect on 2+ targets, whereas Inferno Breath does affect 2+ targets. I'd leave this to personal preference I suppose, but if you're ever attacking more than one target, you should keep in mind that duration probably isn't helping at all. For example, Wing Beat disappears after 1.65s on 8 targets.

10. Default Re: Kaiser Skill Build

That's good to know. I do enough damage that the only place I would be using wingbeat to hit multiple targets would be stronghold. I think I'll take the wingbeat hyper instead for the sake of convenience; not to mention that inferno breath sucks pretty bad when the flame tiles do nothing.

11. Default Re: Kaiser Skill Build

You know how attacks cast faster if you use the Dragon Link command instead of a hotkey? I can't get the fast version of Gigas Wave to work when I'm in transfigured mode. I set my Gigas to up+right+attack, but when I enter this in transfigured mode, it does normal Dragon Slash instead. So I'm left using a hotkey for Gigas Wave (only when transfigured), making me cast significantly slower. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

12. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Command Giga and Hotkey Giga are the same speed. Command Giga fills up your gauge faster, which in turn gives you faster Attack Speed.

13. Default Re: Kaiser Skill Build

Wow, must be tripping from lack of sleep. I could have sworn Gigas was faster with command last night, but now that I've tried it again they are the same speed. Though Burst Blade is maaad slow in hotkey.

Edit: Ok, another question. What does Advanced Tempest Blades mean when it says in the skill description that it permanently increases attack power by X amount? Does it mean weapon attack..and if so, it seems pretty bad. 1 Weapon Attack per level. Or have I misconstrued this (probably lol)...
    Last edited by Slashtap; 2012-12-22 at 01:24 PM.

14. Default Re: Kaiser Skill Build

It's just a passive effect of +1 weapon attack per level, 30 w atk in total when maxed. Tempest blade is terrible, so this passive effect gives people more incentive to max it?

15. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

only use i've found for tempest blades is for charging my kaiser transform gauge, that thing adds loads of points to it. hotkey'd it fills the green kaiser inmediately if all five hits connect.

16. Default Re: Kaiser Skill Build

You unlock your last hyper skill at 200

17. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

And most of the good hyper Stat and Passives are unlocked at the mid 180s and beyond.

18. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

Curious if you guys took into account that if you spam the skill you bypass the 4 hit explosion damage entirely?

19. Default Re: Kaiser Skill Build

The initial hits do more damage than the explosions anyway. Way more.

20. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

Yes, just wanted to know if it counts only the initial 6 hits or if they ended up counting the 4 explosion hits. Pretty sure they only counted the 6, but like I said, curiosity.