IGN: PlsBuffBT
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 22x
    Job: Beast Tamer
    Guild: Path
    Alliance: Meme
    Farm: Yeiionde
    england

Default Decisions by Nexon I will never understand.

Oh boy here we go. Things Nexon have done that I don't get. At all.

Decision one.

For those who arn't clear the above shoes and gloves give a +2, for gloves, and +4, for shoes, to whatever respective stat the class wearing it needs. This is pretty decent for level 15 gloves. But the real kicker is this.

Oh wow. 10 slot gloves and 9 slot shoes. That's really good, you could even use potential scrolls and nebulite on them to make them even better. What could the issue be?

Spoiler

Nexon. Why would you do this. These pieces of equipment are tedious and difficult to find. And you can only have one of them at a time. So if it explodes from scrolling it well tough luck. Especially since you need NX to trade it and can't find it if you're above level 40.

Decision 2:

You...can trade the ridiculously overpowered evolving rings but you're unable to trade this more than once between your own characters? Why? What was wrong with the Lilim Ring method of simply being restricted to trading between your own character?

If anyone else has anything like this feel free to share.

2. Default Re: Decisions by Nexon I will never understand.

Why
    Seperate
    Thief/Pirate Revamp

There really isnt a logical reason for it other than possibly pissing everyone off.

3. Default Re: Decisions by Nexon I will never understand.

Removing Decent Skills.
    Removing tradeability of items.

4. Default Re: Decisions by Nexon I will never understand.

Creating the Surprise Style Box/stopping selling permanent gear in the cash shop
    Stunning lack of coin events
    Forcing us to watch the Phantom video every damn time we log on

5. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Default Re: Decisions by Nexon I will never understand.

Buying the rights of a game called "MapleStory". I mean what the pineapple they were smoking?

6. Default Re: Decisions by Nexon I will never understand.

Making a large amount of rewards from events time-limited.

7. Default Re: Decisions by Nexon I will never understand.

You seriously do not understand why they do it?

8. Default Re: Decisions by Nexon I will never understand.

I do, but they both lose and gain money from it since several people would prefer them selling the permanent gear in the shop. I guess I more mean the fact that they stopped selling permanent gear in the CS.
    Last edited by Five Second Pose; 2012-07-23 at 12:53 AM.

9. Default Re: Decisions by Nexon I will never understand.

Because these items came out in the period of when Nexon was figuring it's pomegranate out. They were deciding weather or not they wanted to just get over the fact that they're going to be selling power or actually trying to keep things somewhat balanced. Because of that we have these half baked items that are still decent but have stupid stipulations on them.

10. Default Re: Decisions by Nexon I will never understand.

I assume the thief and pirate revamp being separate has something to do with how similar Jetts are to post-revamp Corsairs. I assume to prevent the classes from being redundant GMS is doing something to alter the Corsair revamp or is planning on giving Jetts a small revamp so that the classes aren't really just clones of differing quality.

Most of these other things I see either level the playing field to some extent or indirectly generate cash shop revenue. The thing I don't understand is why Nexon doesn't default the stats on those old MTS dupes (PAC/racc/VSS/GEA, etc) to appease legitimate players/encourage people who bought the dupes to cube empress equipment instead. The only two reasons I can think of is that they're incapable of wiping the dupes without hurting legitimate items or their wiping the dupes would cause their more committed revenue generating players to quit out of frustration.

11. Default Re: Decisions by Nexon I will never understand.

Made some Jett-users happy.

12. Default Re: Decisions by Nexon I will never understand.

Because Jett is a revamped Gunslinger with a fancy skin. They don't want to give that impression right away, since "JETT IS A BRAND NEW CLASS" is a lot more interesting than "Jett is kind of a new class... but is really just a reskin," and a lot more people would realize this if pirates were already revamped.

Edit: Double ninja'd. :v

13. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

I don't understand why can't Nexon be better. :(

14. Default Re: Decisions by Nexon I will never understand.

It would be nice if they could work on imroving all over the board. Oh wait they are!

Some times I think people are just trying to pour hate on Nexon just because it is hip and in fashion to do so.

15. Default Re: Decisions by Nexon I will never understand.

They've definitely been making improvements lately. Truth be told I came back to Maplestory after a few months of hiatus because I got so fed up with Diablo III and felt better about how Nexon was changing Maplestory than I felt about how Blizzard was changing Diablo III.

16. Default Re: Decisions by Nexon I will never understand.

I will never understand why they decided to release a class called "Pirates". Like, what the hell is this stuff?

17. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

I don't understand the rings either. They are always either untradeable or untradable after use. What is the point of that? Balance Issues? no it can't be, because Evolving Rings are ridiculously overpowered and can be traded to anyone. Why can't they just release a Critical Ring which can be traded through the account? all future characters miss out on these rings, and it's really unfair. They would really benefit a Phantom too.

18. Lead Ball Straight Male
    IGN: Arrg
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 192
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Century (leader)
    Alliance: Foreigner
    Texas

Nerfing PQs exp and limiting it to 10 per day.

19. Default Re: Decisions by Nexon I will never understand.

Spoiler

Replace Sonic team with nexon and maplestory.

20. Default Re: Decisions by Nexon I will never understand.

It was nerfed at some point?

When I came back to Maple I freaked out at how good the exp was in PQs now, and thought it was reasonable that they'd limit your runs per day because the EXP was so good. Guess it was even crazier before I came back.