1. Alligator Straight Male
    IGN: Sure
    Server: Redoot
    Level: Eh.
    Job: I guess?
    Guild: No idea.
    Alliance: Think I know?
    Farm: This Exists Still?

Default [FALSE] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

Edit 7/23:This Be False!
    ...I say they're making a mistake, and should just let this freaking game die already, and just use whatever systems they had going for this and place it in XV already...
    And I know I've mentioned this a whole load of times but, it's holding up a hell of a lot of games at Enix.
    Link to the confirmation that Versus Is Alive, here. Thank @Sarah for posting it.
    Let the rage continue.
    LF>Some updated footage on the damn game.
    Last edited by OmegazeroGA; 2012-07-24 at 01:00 AM.

2. Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

Well, they DID have absolutely nothing to show about it at E3. So I wouldn't be surprised.

3. Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

By this point, I won't be hurt in the least if it is cancelled.

4. Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

As I'm a die hard KH fan..and this is the pure reason why KH3 is on hold.. I kinda want it to be true. but then again I understand what it feels like to be a die hard fan for a game soo I'll just say that I just want them to hurry and release this game so that they can go on with KH3. I highly doubt its been cancelled...they've been working on it for like what 10 years now?

5. Alligator Straight Male

Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

This was the pure reason...and also something about them researching about HD graphics. As a KH fan also, i would like to see the game back on the main consoles instead of handhelds...Don't get me wrong, they're good...but...yea, it's been 6 years also since KHII was released.

6. Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

Yeeeeah. I kinda saw this coming. We haven't heard anything about it in ages. No new anything- or at least, anything that would matter.

Ah well. RIP my complete Fabula Nova Crystallis set.

7. Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

You are so right about the handhelds...I'm getting a 3ds to play the new DDD and to play 365/2 but I really would love them to make one on the main console...I love kh1 & 2 and if you havent played Re: CoM on the main console then you NEED to get a copy lol.

8. Alligator Straight Male

Yea, I have played Re:CoM before and the final mixes. I have a friend who was able to obtain the copies. (Guessing by amazon.)
    Especially KHII:FM+. The Data bosses were a nightmare to kill, ESPECIALLY DATA ROXAS...bastard.
    The Re: Com was in full Japanese though.

9. Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

Oh wow your so lucky :/ I have yet to play the FM versions of any of the games.. I would really love too but eh.. It would take a lot of work to learn the language and then play at the same time lol. I've seen vids on youtube and it makes me want to buy it so bad :/ oh well one can only dream that they'll bring them into the US later on down the road. maybe when the Xehonort chronicles are finished.

10. Alligator Straight Male

Thing is, the games are region locked, so playing it on a English PS2, you would have trouble. Second of all, there's english patches for the game...but requires major configurations.

11. Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

Good. I find it completely asinine that these Japanese developers think that people are going to wait around 10 years for a game. Work on something and give us a reasonable time frame, dear god. I feel the same about Kingdom Hearts 3 now. It's been so long I couldn't even really care.

12. Alligator Straight Male

Yea, but development never started till last year because of Versus...so you can't really blame KHIII for taking forever. At least they sustained us with games that aren't crappy.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

I'mma wait for a more..."reliable" source, considering Kotaku's rep and whatnot.
    Frankly, even if it is true. Nothing of value was lost for me.

14. Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

I need better sources, but I do hope this is true. Kill Nova Fabula Crystallis with fire and piss on the burning ashes. x)

15. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

About time.

16. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/...xiii-cancelled

Another report on this cancellation, but their report is pretty much saying "Kotaku says X", "Kotaku reports Y", so it's not really that much better.

17. Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

It was a non-game. There is no reason to be upset about this because it DIDN'T EXIST. Any hype you had for it was entirely produced by your own mind.

18. Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

Stop giving me Monty Python flashbacks Sarah.

19. Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

And nothing of value was lost. Anything that took 6 years and had nothing to show for it would have been pomegranate anyway. I just can’t believe they waited this long.

But if they are going to retool it for another game then I guess nothing was lost anyway.

20. Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

No real need to add the "Japanese" part to that developers comment. Cough, D3, cough.

I don't really care about versus either, what I really want is them to start using this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv4Boq4HLKU engine. Luminous looks amazing, but I doubt it would have even been conceived when versus was still in that stage of development.