1. Alligator Straight Male
    IGN: Sure
    Server: Redoot
    Level: Eh.
    Job: I guess?
    Guild: No idea.
    Alliance: Think I know?
    Farm: This Exists Still?

Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

Hopefully we'll hear a official announcement from T.N in the coming weeks. All the fanboys won't calm down, the KH fanboys are hoping this is real and half-rejoicing, and we're all just wondering...wth.

2. Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

Thats one reason why I havent been able to play it :/ and I didnt know their were patches for the game. Guess I didnt look into it that deeply.. Oh well cant wait for a official announcement ! and if its being re-used in another game. I hope the KH team working on it doesnt get tied up on that game next...I want them to finally end the Xehonort Chronicles...They can continue all they want I JUST WANT THE END OF THIS STORY DAMIT..

oh sorry..got a little carried away there

3. Alligator Straight Male

Well, there's a whole load of things you have to do just to get it to run...there's a few ways to get it running on a US PS2, but requires....certain things.
    As for the story, yea, can we just end this before it gets stale beyond hell? (Like it hasn't?)

4. Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

It's more of a "we're getting rid of the FF Versus XIII name and renaming it to something else". Maybe 15?

5. Alligator Straight Male

Great..now...do they mind on showing us what's been going on with this freaking game?
    By the way, thanks to whoever changed the title.

6. Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

Aww I was hoping they would not risk a third fiasco.
    This can still be salvaged into something suppose. I so hope they kicked some of the people behind the last games. It could actually be great, but not if they make it in the spirit of 13 and 13-2.

7. Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

This has nothing to do with XIII-3.

8. Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

Isn’t that great news. In another 6 years it might even get a release date.

9. Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

Of course it has, Fabula Nova Crystallis is the umbrella under which they put 13, 13-2, Versus and Type-0. Even if the story as such is not a link, the design and general feel of the games are.

10. Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

You clearly haven't played Type-0 because it feels NOTHING like XIII and XIII-2 (which themselves are pretty distanced from one another). And we don't know enough (read: anything) about Versus to make such determinations.

11. Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

Hence the "I hope".
    And your perception of Type-0 is not necessarily accurate, certainly not to the extent where you tell me I have not played it. You say 13 and 13-2 is distanced from each other for example, while I find them pretty damn similar. I have followed FF since the NES days, more than 20 years ago, so I don't think my oppinion is uneducated either.

You are allowed to like these games though Sarah, it is ok.

12. Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

Whether I like them or not is irrelevant. I'm stating facts.

Type-0 has nothing in common with XIII/XIII-2. Every single aspect of it is completely different than any other Final Fantasy game to date. I have experienced it firsthand through the Japanese demo, so I can say this with 100% certainty. It is a fact that it is nothing like the games you're comparing it to. It has completely unique mechanics and visuals. It is its own game, regardless of what sub-series it is a part of.

XIII and XIII-2 are similar in essence but that is to be expected, being direct sequels and running on the same engine. Mechanics? Battle system is pretty much the same, everything else is completely different. Visually? Pretty much the same, but visuals don't mean anything.

I've been playing Final Fantasy for over 20 years as well, that doesn't make an opinion any more or less accurate. It's pretty clear you've had your nostalgia goggles on a bit too tight based on most of your posts regarding this stuff over the past couples years.

13. Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

Interesting. Your view is fact, mine is not, yet they are both only oppinions. I admitt I have only briefly tried Type-0, but there is a kinship to 13 and its ilk that rubs me the wrong way, be it the way they make games these days or some etheral essence you can't quite describe. Mechanics and graphical engines are not the only things that makes up a game to me. Then again I seem to recall somewhere that you find music in RPGs (or if it was games) unimportant, while I want to say that they are one of the most important aspects. Clearly we seek different things in games like these.
    The nostalgia goggles argument is always interesting, but in this case, where it its a pretty huge part of the fanbase that have similar negative views, it is not enough to explain the phenomenon. To throw the word fact around here; it is a fact that the newer parts of the FF series are not as popular, even among the fans, as the older installments, and sell worse. In Sweden 13-2 went down in price with about 70% 2-3 weeks after launch, something that almost newer happens. I highly doubt that goggles are the bigger reason.

14. Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

Whoa, want to correct you on one thing:

I never said music in video games isn't important. I said I don't listen to video game music, and the context was specifically regarding those who, say, put it on their iPods or whatever. Good music can make a game infinitely better.

15. Default Re: [RUMOR] Versus XIII Is Canceled...?

Alright then, I forgot in what context you said it.

Also, why do I detect antagonistic vibes about this? It is almost as if there is a conflict here. I certainly do not take it personal that you like games I feel are crap and I sure hope that you have no problems either. This combined with that uncalled for visitors message makes me wonder.