1. Default Maplestory causes computer-wide Mini Freezes/Stutters

Currently when I have Maple running, the entire computer will periodically (every 10-30 seconds or so) stutter, when playing maplestory itself this means the game freezes four a second or two and i end up where I would have been without a freeze. When browsing sites similar freezes happen But what is the worst is when I am watching a video or audio of any sort, the video becomes choppy for a second much like anything else and the audio as well stutters and temporarily becomes robot-y and not comprehensible.

I had this issue before and fixed it by restoring to the last restore date and reinstalling MS, this fixed the issue for a couple of weeks and it returned just this morning.

I could try to implement this fix again, but there is no guarantee that it will work and I really want to get to the bottom of this issue as it effects everything, not just maplestory.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit on a desktop, only 4 GB of RAM but that shouldn't really be the issue as it was fixed by what I described above, Radeon HD 6850 GPU, Intel i5 Quad Core processor (1st gen), Gigabyte Motherboard.

2. Default Re: Maplestory causes computer-wide Mini Freezes/Stutters

Driver updates? Windows Updates? http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=2556 <- see graphics section...old but might still be somewhat relevant lol.

Also i5s would have HD 3000 graphics also...maybe it is auto switching somehow? Are you able to disable the HD3000 graphics in the bios?

3. Default Re: Maplestory causes computer-wide Mini Freezes/Stutters

I guess I'll go ahead and reinstall SP1, though that is what I had to restore to delete a few weeks ago to fix this same issue. I find it odd because I didn't even install any drivers or updates yesterday, yet today this is happening again.

*Which didn't work, I'm gunna go ahead and restore, but I still want to get to the bottom of this...
    Last edited by ODERS; 2012-07-20 at 12:15 PM.

4. Water Female
    IGN: PlsBuffBT
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 22x
    Job: Beast Tamer
    Guild: Path
    Alliance: Meme
    Farm: Yeiionde
    england

Default Re: Maplestory causes computer-wide Mini Freezes/Stutters

Same is happening to me, and I'm using a Windows 7 32-bit. With 4 GB RAM, Intel Core i3.

5. Default Re: Maplestory causes computer-wide Mini Freezes/Stutters

Sounds a lot like Blackcipher is acting up again. Oh, joy!

6. Default Re: Maplestory causes computer-wide Mini Freezes/Stutters

This is happening to me too, Windows 7 64-bit. Sometimes during a freeze I also hear beeping.

7. Water Female
    IGN: PlsBuffBT
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 22x
    Job: Beast Tamer
    Guild: Path
    Alliance: Meme
    Farm: Yeiionde
    england

Default Re: Maplestory causes computer-wide Mini Freezes/Stutters

Using 40% of my CPU. Yup. Sounds like you're right.

EDIT: Found a fix from the Nexon forums of all places.

8. Default Re: Maplestory causes computer-wide Mini Freezes/Stutters

I can second that the solution above works. It doesn't completely stop the lag spikes/hiccups, but it makes them noticeably less severe.

9. Default Re: Maplestory causes computer-wide Mini Freezes/Stutters

AFAIK MS hasn't been optimized for multicore usage. Correct me if I am wrong anyone.