Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

My god, a PhD student that shoots at least 50 people during a movie session?
    The pineapple is wrong with this world.

2. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

It sounds like he was trying to be Batman but was insane.

3. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

You're rightish, correct movie, wrong character. It is reported that he dyed his hair red and claimed he was The Joker when apprehended. Looks like that comment regarding watching individuals that just enjoy watching the world burn wasn't too far off.

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

i know it's probably not the time nor place, but the joker has green hair, that would be the riddler o.o

5. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

Your first post wasn't really that obvious. I had no idea why you posted that.

6. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

I thought you still think everyone is stupid.

7. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

Hearing about this really has me interested and perplexed as to what really goes on in someones mind to make him/her do something like this. I guess the same can be said about soldiers who at some point don't care whether they are shooting civilians or opposing soldiers. I really don't get it.

I hear now they are claiming that James Holmes is "Mentally Ill"...err? So he's mentally ill after he shoots everyone, but before when he is purchasing all the ammo, setting up traps in his house, quite complex I might add, and obviously plotting all of this.. He's normal?

Very bothered by this whole thing.

8. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Joker has green hair. My point? Some people are already trying to make it seem like he was inspired by the movie >_>

9. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

Well, maybe that's how he plans on getting his insanity plea through, he calls himself "The Joker," but he dyed his hair red. That's crazy!

I suppose I ought to have separated the two facts since they don't quite jive with one another. He may or may not have been inspired by the movie, it never stated that he imitated The Joker with red hair. Just he had red hair and he called himself The Joker.

10. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

Man. Lotso Europeans bashing 'murrica about this.

11. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

Being "mentally ill" doesn't mean you drool into a cup all day.

12. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/201...lorado/?ref=us

Has alot of information on the whole thing. He booby trapped his entire house/apartment and police are in a long process of disarming things. Also everyone and anyone making jokes or talking about politics are really f'ucking horrible.

13. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

Do you know what the definition of Mentally Ill is? Someone who is Mentally Ill doesn't plan something this intricate. Not to mention the kid was a genius in college. Or ask the guy on this Forum that knew James personally, and ask him if he thought James was "Mentally Ill". Now of course something could have happened that could have triggered these kind of actions, but to immediately label him as mentally ill, because of a few strange facts such as calling himself the Joker. Seems a bit off.

14. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

Do YOU know what the definition of mentally ill is? Someone that has anorexia is mentally ill. Are you telling me they can't plan anything intricate?

15. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

Ok.. so that sums up that you DON'T know what mentally ill means.. Because you just listed someone with a Mental DISORDER.

Anyways, not going to bother with you.

As I am more interested in this case as a whole. I kind of want the person who knew James personally to post a bit more, as it seems like he might have known him fairly well. I'm just interested in what makes people turn to these things. I have done some research on other various cases and some serial killings, and there are a lot of similiarities. Pretty annoying how some people are already starting to make jokes on twitter and FB and such.

16. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

Think what you will then, I can say I have more experience with "mentally ill" than you do :V

17. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

What retarded discussion.
    Everyone has a type of mental illness, it doesn't define it as something bad or you have issues. Are you a perfectionist? Mental disorder. Do you have paranoia? Mental disorder. Obsessive Compulsive? Mental disorder. But yeah, let's keep bragging about how smart we are about mental illnesses, which by the way is synonymous with mental disorder.

18. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

This is basically the point I was trying to get across but I suppose it missed.

19. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

Seriously? By definition I have a mental illness, suffering from severe anxiety and panic attacks. Think I couldn't HATCH A PLOT? Do you think asking someone who knew/knows me would give you a definitive answer?

The reality about mental illness is that it effects your thought processes, it's not something people can outwardly see (which is why a lot of people have trouble considering it a real issue) and unless you tell you're friends they're probably not going to know. It doesn't mean you can't function as a normal human being.

20. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Judging by this video, this guy doesn't seem very mentally healthy either:

That or he's high of drugs.