Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

Life can play some cruel tricks

And the worst are those that are least expected.

2. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

Too soon man, too soon.

3. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

I'm guessing that he just decided the cinema full of people was an easy target.

He seems strangely prepared though... smoke bombs, bulletproof jacket.. what was he trying to do? or was he just a nutter? Does anyone know if he's mentioned his motive at all?

4. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

(too soon?)

5. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

Based on Loose's post, the article states that he has a Will Ferrel Anchorman poster. Which should answer your question, or any further ones you may have.

6. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

Not really a "too soon" situation when it is entirely true. And yeah, he was probably thinking, "the only people that attend midnight screenings are nerds of some sort, why not kill some". That, or yeah, he knew it would be full.

The injured 4 month old is what got me. Not because he WAS injured, because the gunman was probably just in spray&pray mode, but, the fact that a baby that age was in a midnight movie screening. Someone has...interesting priorities, I guess.

7. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Ah. that explains it all.

8. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

Thing is, he was a nerd. I just don't see how this could have come from him. Six years is too long...

9. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

There are some videos you can watch of amateur footage of the scene. Very disturbing and hard to watch.

10. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

You think nerds don't kill other nerds?

11. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Not surprised, America =(

12. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

No. That isn't it. As if my first post in the thread didn't make it obvious enough; I knew the guy. He attended the theoretical physics club I founded in high school off and on. He came to my B-Day parties from middle to high school. He was within my group of friends at the time. I just can't see how he changed this much in the past 6 years.

And I feel partially responsible for not being a good friend and keeping in touch as it sounds like he was described as a loner now.

It's just a wretched feeling that I can't describe better than 3x my reaction to 9-11.

13. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

Jesus. Why?
    Yeah, you're not funny.

14. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

Holy sh`it that's what that image was about? That's horrifying, I'm really sorry, but that's not your fault, it isn't solely your responsibilty to babysit things like that. I was in the same boat with my friend Daniel but it was no where this horrific of course.

15. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

I'm sorry to hear this :( It must have been hard for you to see this unravel this morning. It's very difficult to deal with things that hit close to home. Just know that this was in no way your fault at all. Sometimes people just "snap" and you can't do anything about it. The feeling is terrible I know, but you can't save everyone and it shouldn't be your sole responsibility to do so.

16. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

God bless you, i don't know what else to say. =[

This definitely does reinforce my apprehension to midnight screenings. The last time I went to one was for Spider-man 3...

When me and my cousins came out after the end, we witnessed a huge gang fight outside on the front door involving almost 20 people. All shuffling closer to doors out of direct path in case one of them had a gun on them.

17. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Darn, didn't look at the photo for long enough.

It's really hard for me to see myself in your situation, but wow, just wow... That's disturbing to hear. I saw his photo in the news and he seemed like an innocent, normal guy. Can't judge a book by it's cover, but judging by his clean record until now, something big must have happened to him.

18. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

I doubt anything dramatic happened to him. He just started to hate people, it's very common especially during this whole internet era. Hell I even went through that phase, believing every person is an idiot and inferior to me.

19. Default Re: The Dark Knight's Dark Night (Shooting in Aurora)

Thanks for the moral boost everyone, but I think it will still take some time to get this feeling to go away.

I'll probably avoid saying much more to prevent myself from getting into a negative tangent, but I'll still read the thread.

Basically, don't take it personally that I don't personally respond if you post something for me; I appreciate it all the same.

EDIT: F'ing lovely. The reporters have started their barrage.