Level: 146
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: Destiny
    Alliance: Providence
    canada

Default Re: multiple maple client open

x

2. Default Re: multiple maple client open

This is most likely unintentional as it's happened before (That I can remember) about 2years ago and they fixed it.

Make those transfers without drop-method while you can ya'll.

3. Default Re: multiple maple client open

The difference is that this isn't necessarily a destructive practice that interferes with anyone's gameplay unlike duping, dcing, etc.

It can also be replicated (by anyone) by means of another computer and it achieves the same results in the end (with no more/less legitimacy)... This is matter of convenience more than anything.

4. Default Re: multiple maple client open

I think this is a (unintended) side effect of them moving the gameguard server to a different IP.

No idea how long it'll take them to notice or if/when they'll even do anything about it though.

5. Default Re: multiple maple client open

Everyone's botting so why don't they let everyone? You're looking for a really mundane excuse to justify a whine. Let's be frank, if you want to multi-client, download one, and use it. You said it yourself, botters do it, everyone should do it. You know what everyone has? Access to that download, to that information.

6. Default Re: multiple maple client open

Difference between your comparison is your situations tend to mess with the game and is against the rules. If Nexon allows you to multi-client without an external download needed then it could mean that either they're giving the green light on it in terms of legitimacy or that it's bugged. In this situation it's obviously the latter though.

7. Default Re: multiple maple client open

The difference is that multiclient is a restriction on convenience. Regular players can circumvent this restriction by having more than 1 computer so therefore it is not a matter of legitimacy, security, or service.

It's not malicious itself to multiclient: you don't have to associate botting with it. Through available legitimate but expensive means, you achieve the same results in the end vs if you multiclient; if one were to bot, one would need tools beyond what is considered legitimate to achieve greater results than one player should be allowed to.

I say it's about convenience yet there are apparently huge connotations to botting with it . If that were the case, it should be against the ToS to be able to have more than 1 Maple Story running in 1 household.

8. Default Re: multiple maple client open

Technically it's just the fact you have to use a third party program, my point is, saying "Well they're doing it anyway" really isn't a justified reason.

Yeah but it also add's convenience to one of the biggest problems maplestory has, and makes it worse.

9. Default Re: multiple maple client open

Unfortunately it's probably a mistake, but something like this is greatly appreciated by me because I can be in bellocan and bera at the same time now.

I missed my bellocan friends

10. Default Re: multiple maple client open

Anyone else have a computer or laptop that can barely handle just one client?

11. Default Re: multiple maple client open

my laptop can handle about 12 clients at the same time give or take before it starts to drop from 60fps

12. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice
    Alliance: Bastion
    usa

Default Re: multiple maple client open

I think her point is that it doesn't add convenience to hackers because they already have that convenience.

13. Default Re: multiple maple client open

thats an amazing laptop
    may i ask who made it?

14. Default Re: multiple maple client open

My netbook can't even go into leafre with 1 client LOL

15. Default Re: multiple maple client open

I'm sad this happened AFTER pvp removal.. ._. otherwise it would have had a use for me.

16. Default Re: multiple maple client open

I can't be the only one who remembers DxWnd being able to do multiple clients several years ago, right? I have a screenshot of four maples circa late-2008. As far as I know that "feature" of DxWnd was available for over two years until Maple implemented its own windowed mode.

17. Default Re: multiple maple client open

Asus Rog G74sx, lets just say that hot times are awesome in here.... XD

18. Default Re: multiple maple client open

Surfing the fm would be a nightmare...

19. Default Re: multiple maple client open

Surfing the FM will be a breeze now.

20. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: MrTouchnGo
    Server: Bera
    Level: 199
    Job: Shadower
    Guild: Ivalice