Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Movies] The Dark Knight Rises

1. Default The Dark Knight Rises

Less than 4 more days till premiere! :D Get Hype!

Rotten Tomatoes page:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight_rises/

And I'll leave this here too:

I couldn't get tickets for the midnight screening
    Ima go camp outside my local movie theater for like the entirety of Thursday.

2. Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises

i am sooo pumped up for this film

3. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Be warned of movie-ending spoilers in reviews in things like Time and whatnot.

4. Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Yeah I know :( I stopped reading them and read the comment sections instead to see how LOL worthy the critics are supposed to be. I can resist the temptation of reading them :D I just read the summation of the critics post (generally the first couple of paragrpahs) to see if they loved or hated the move and what the actors are like.

5. Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises

I am watching it in Korea this saturday :D

6. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

MY GAWD MY GAAAAAAAWD MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD
    I can't FREAKING WAIT!

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: BuffDaSnail
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: DrK!
    Guild: Irresistible
    Alliance: IrreForce
    California

Just got back from watching the midnight premiere.

All I have to say is (without spoiling all of the content)....

That movie was very, very well done. The movie delivered beyond my expectations, and had a lot of plot twists and turns (plus a few mind blowing moments).

I also noted the various uses of both historical and modern themes (quite a few times, they were used side by side with each other), great uses of symbolism, the extensive use of oppression (theme) as a driving force starting in the middle of the movie and persisting through the climax. And a few biblical themes thrown in there too (notably...the usage of rebirth as a motif/theme).

Will likely deserve to be the biggest movie release of the year.

tl;dr - The Dark Knight Rises is definitely worth spending 3 hours watching it in its entirely.

Also....(spoiler alert)

Edit: Woops
    Last edited by WillDaSnail; 2012-07-20 at 12:20 PM.

8. Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Incredible movie. No matter how hyped up Christopher Nolan flicks can get, they still deliver and that's what makes them completely stunning. I agree with Will in that I really loved all the historical and modern themes kind of blending into the story. I'm super happy to see that it tied in with the first movie way more than it did the second movie (Such as not trailing on and on about Harvey Dent or something)... Be prepared and watch the first two movies if you haven't already, the movie is ultimately more enjoyable that way I can presume.

Literally, spoiler. Don't open unless you've seen ALL of the movie.

9. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Fun movie, yes, but I liked The Dark Knight better, as I left that theatre doubting myself and humanity, and this theatre going "yay booms and close calls!" But hey, the Manhattan scenes were super cool to see.

SPOILER, answer to GMSInfighter

10. Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises

UGH
    Spoiler

11. Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Is it bad that I've never seen a Batman movie and never got in to the whole Batman movie world?

I have seen the original TV series with Adam West though.

12. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

Awesome movie was awesome. I don't quite think it will do better than avengers purely on the amounts of non action scenes. My main gripe that I can remember having, was Banes voice being "everywhere" rather than it coming from where he was on the screen. This is most likely from the reworking to make him more understandable, though.

Sucks to hear about what happened in Colorado.

13. Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises

...so close.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: BuffDaSnail
    Level: 15x
    Job: DrK!
    Guild: Irresistible
    Alliance: IrreForce
    California

Ok. Mistake seen and fixed. "Woops" moment on my part.

Then again, I'm very sure that publicly humiliating me over and over a "woops" moment really helps the situation. (not)

-raises hand-

Even though I didn't watch the previous Batman movies, I still managed to get a grasp of what was going on. Though, I wished I watched the previous movies so I would understand more about the events in TDKR

15. Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Spoiler

All in all, I think it was more rushed than the first two, and had a much weaker climax and ending to it. Was a bit slow going in the beginning, too. I still very thoroughly enjoyed it, though.

16. Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Probably, autopilot. He most likely set it to auto-pilot when the plane dipped before going over the tall building. Leaving us a picture of the plane going over the water. What disappointed me from the ending was that they showed Bruce. I wanted so much for Alfred to look up and smile and it immediately cuts to the blackness.

Offtopic: Did you guys hear about the shooting at a DKR premiere in Colorado? pineappleing pieces of pomegranate...

17. Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Was really amazing, but I liked the Joker more than Bane.
    Spoiler

18. Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Comments like these make me wonder if people even watched the whole movie.

I think a cut like that would remind people too much about Inception and would heavily detract from an already highly scrutinized film.

19. Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Was thinking about a Dark Knight Rises marathon (basically, head to the theatre at 6:40, watch first two, then the 3rd one at the midnight opening), till I figured out it was Thursday night and not Friday night, which meant I had to be in class at 10:30 am the next day. Oh well, will be watching it on Monday. Now to somehow avoid all the spoilers before then...

20. Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Care to explain your point?

And by the way, Nolan said that he was open to making a 4th movie, but wasn't sure because it was supposed to be a trilogy.